-redshift-
Scratcher
48 posts

Anime/Manga/(Other)/ Discussion

SunsethProductions wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

One Punch Man.
man s2 is gonna be so bad lmao
why? i read the manga a bit past where 1 left off but i don't remember it being that bad. are they handing it over to a different animation studio or something?

powercon5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-redshift- wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

One Punch Man.
why? i read the manga a bit past where 1 left off but i don't remember it being that bad. are they handing it over to a different animation studio or something?
Yeah, pretty much that. Season one was made by madhouse. Season 2 by J.C.Staff. And with different people working on them. Everyone was excited because of season 1 and because of the manga, but the trailer released hasn't gave much hope for it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ngg0SRlEI Having pretty weak and uninteresting animation compared to the first.

Hopefully the story can save it?

Last edited by powercon5 (April 3, 2019 20:40:22)

Witty signature.

-redshift-
Scratcher
48 posts

powercon5 wrote:

-redshift- wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

One Punch Man.
Yeah, pretty much that. Season one was made by madhouse. Season 2 by J.C.Staff. And with different people working on them. Everyone was excited because of season 1 and because of the manga, but the trailer released hasn't gave much hope for it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ngg0SRlEI Having pretty weak and uninteresting animation compared to the first.

aw man that's really sad to hear. yeah the action shots in season 1 were really stellar. it's definitely not gonna be the same show without them.. but you're right, it's a mainly comedy driven show so hopefully that'll be able to carry it. still disappointing news though..

powercon5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-redshift- wrote:

powercon5 wrote:

-redshift- wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

One Punch Man.

aw man that's really sad to hear. yeah the action shots in season 1 were really stellar. it's definitely not gonna be the same show without them.. but you're right, it's a mainly comedy driven show so hopefully that'll be able to carry it. still disappointing news though..
It won't be as good, but it should still be an entertaining show. Hopefully the can at least improve a little from the trailer. That “jump” at the end really annoys me. I just hope it doesn't get any worse…

Witty signature.

Endermuffine71
Scratcher
100+ posts

powercon5 wrote:

-redshift- wrote:

powercon5 wrote:

-redshift- wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

One Punch Man.

It won't be as good, but it should still be an entertaining show. Hopefully the can at least improve a little from the trailer. That “jump” at the end really annoys me. I just hope it doesn't get any worse…

welp.. guess i was getting hyped about nothing.

Chomps are better than popping candy freddos.

petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

gonna rec mob psycho again considering y'all seem to be disappointed that OPM season two is prob gonna be bad
they're from the same mangaka, and in my opinion mob psycho tops OPM easily despite OPM already being great. delivers just as much on the comedy but does WAY more with fights, themes, character development and heart. one of the few 10/10s i'd give
redfire512
Scratcher
500+ posts

I recently finished watching Soul Eater. Crona is the best character.

when <> is true    :: control hat
modedii
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I finished March Comes in Like a Lion last week. It's g r e a t. It's fallen right into my favorite anime spot.

I'm Modedii
———————————–
“Analyse what feelings are made of, hey!
Try to see through everything, hey, give it a try…”

———————————–
ArtistPanda
Scratcher
100+ posts

Anyone seen any of these animes?:

Magi: Labrinth of Magic

The Promised Neverland

Gakuen Babysitters

Noragami

Owari no Seraph

Death Note

Hunter X Hunter

Children Of The Whales

Blue Exorcist

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

The Disastrous Life Of Saiki K.

Squid Girl

Terror in Resonance

No.6

Made in Abyss

Tokyo Ghoul

Or these anime movies:

Children Who Chase Lost Voices

Princess Mononoke

Howl’s Moving Castle

Hunter X Hunter: Phantom Rouge

Hunter X Hunter: The Last Mission

Mary And The Witch's Flower

Last edited by ArtistPanda (May 4, 2019 17:10:19)

Nico they/them
ArtistPanda
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump

Nico they/them
modedii
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ArtistPanda wrote:

-snip-
Of the stuff on that list, I've only watched HxH, FMA:B, and Promised Neverland.

I'm Modedii
———————————–
“Analyse what feelings are made of, hey!
Try to see through everything, hey, give it a try…”

———————————–
Accordion-Solo
Scratcher
9 posts

I've seen Death Note, Squid Girl, Howl's Moving Castle, and Mary and the Witches flower. I've seen a few episodes of Saiki K.

THIS SIIGNATURE HAS BEEN REMOVED
PurplePen456
Scratcher
84 posts

modedii wrote:

ArtistPanda wrote:

-snip-
Of the stuff on that list, I've only watched HxH, FMA:B, and Promised Neverland.
I only vaguely remember watching Terror on Resonance and Blue Exorcist

Anyways stan Natsuki Shinomiya
SunsethProductions
Scratcher
100+ posts

modedii wrote:

ArtistPanda wrote:

-snip-
ive only seen hxh lmao

frick tea bags, gong fu gang rise up!
petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

i re-watched howl's moving castle in the weekend. the wizard was very hot
totallyawesomecool22
Scratcher
100+ posts

ArtistPanda wrote:

The Promised Neverland

Gakuen Babysitters

Noragami

Owari no Seraph

Death Note

Hunter X Hunter

Children Of The Whales

Blue Exorcist

Squid Girl

Terror in Resonance

Or these anime movies:

Princess Mononoke

Howl’s Moving Castle

I've seen the Disastrous Life of Saiki K. and I watched Mary and the Witch's Flower with my best friends.

Heyo!

Wow. You and your Pokemon’s power levels are amazing! They’re over 9000 for sure! - Dragon Ball fan, Physic Robert
redfire512
Scratcher
500+ posts

ArtistPanda wrote:

The Promised Neverland

Gakuen Babysitters

Noragami

Owari no Seraph

Death Note

Hunter X Hunter

Children Of The Whales

Blue Exorcist

Squid Girl

Terror in Resonance

Or these anime movies:

Princess Mononoke

Howl’s Moving Castle

I've only seen FMA:B and Death Note. I also recently finished Soul Eater, and started watching Erased.

when <> is true    :: control hat
mudkip101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok so here's some of the anime I've watched/manga I've read(basically all of which I didn't finish lol my life is too busy):

Mobile Suit Gundam:The Origin
Retelling of the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime series, in manga form. Haven't read in a while, but remember loving it. One thing I do remember very well however was the art. Like seriously, this manga has some of my favorite art in probably anything ever… And trust me, it's gorgeous, especially the colour pages. The story, as much as I can remember, isn't something I can say is for everyone (saying how it's a rather dense science fiction political drama about two states warring and how war is miserable) but the action is great and the mechanical design is awesome, so I guess I could recommend it if you're into those sorts of things. As for pacing, again, it's been a while, so idk. I think it was okay, but, y'know, it was based on a mecha anime(whose pacing tends to be an utter slog), so you've been warned. I read up to Volume VII and don't know how many volumes there are.

Fang of the Sun Dougram
A mecha anime, and one of the first “real robot” type ones to come after the original Gundam. Of course, being a Gundam fan, I was like, “Oh my god! I have to watch this!” Let's just say, it ended up being okay. I ended up not watching that many episodes (like, maybe 16 or so idk) because the series is paced so. freaking. poorly. Like, yeah, okay, I get it, war takes time, but I wanna see Dougram blow up some stuff, darnit! I mean, okay, actually, some of the characters were okay, and the political intrigue side of the show was surprisingly well-developed, but besides that, no, I wouldn't recommend it.

Shirokuma Cafe
Let me preface this by saying: this is not an anime I would usually watch. I'm not big into anime/manga comedies, like, at all. This is because I just don't find them funny. They don't appeal comedically to me, and since comedy is literally the entire point of the genre, it's just not for me. Also, I had to watch this series for my Japanese lessons, so that I could hear Japanese being spoken and also because the characters speak fairly slow or something, idk. But anyway, this series was okay, just not for me. I didn't find it all that funny because the humour was very pun-based and all of said puns were in Japanese. Not to mention, I found some of the characters insufferable. I mean, okay, the series was cute and definitely had some charm, but just wasn't for me. That doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend it though, especially if you're a fan of Japanese comedy and animal cuteness.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Yes. The one. The only. The big, buff man. The anime/manga with insanity, violence and tons of really hot guys. Let me just put it simply: IT'S GOOD. Like, this is probably not only one of my favorite anime/manga ever, but one of my favorite THINGS ever. I mean, okay, on the surface it looks like a mishmash of random madness (and honestly, even below it it kinda is), but if you look beyond that you can find some of the most memorable stories, loveable characters, “jeez, that makes me really uncomfortable”-tier horror, and wonderful symbolism ever put to the page or screen. And I've only watched to Part 2 and read to Part 1, lol. (I mean, okay, I have a lot of spoilers too, but whatever…) So yes. JoJo is epic. For the past year, it has made me laugh, cry, and come to terms with my bisexuality… All in one. Now go, my child. Watch it… Or read it!

So there's my Epic Gamer Certified Anime/Manga Reviews™. There are also a couple other series I've maybe watched an episode or two of… But since I've only watched an episode or two I've kinda forgotten everything about them and thus cannot review them lol. So have a good, anime day!
PonyoPenguin
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Promised Neverland is the best anime of the year so far.

Worst is W'z. I can't believe Hand Shakers low-key got a sequel.

do what makes you happy.
'cause at the end, who's there?
you.