Discuss Scratch

Greatguy123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch Mining Corps - Unearthing the Best of Scratch

ATTENTION! Recruits can submit ONE project of their own.

The evil if block is hungry! >:-D
wyattw27
Scratcher
55 posts

Can i join? (if i sound framilier its because i am creator of Cubed: Loading. thank you soo much for putting me in the gem showcase!)

Greatguy123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sure! I remember you. (Oh, and remember to follow this topic and the Recruit Discussion Topic)

Last edited by Greatguy123 (Aug. 30, 2014 18:09:16)

Vintagefan100
Scratcher
40 posts

I guess I can let you join, because greatguy asked me to ask you! What do you want to dig for? Animations, games, music…? (I am doing animations, greatguy is doing games.

Make scratch a better place! Click here!

pixelisator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi ! I'm interested in games.
I can look games with great graphics desing and shearch for games with unique gameplay !
And i can look for simulations too !

"Scripting and Coding for a Reaction like an Alchemy Terribly Colorfull and Harmonious" = S.C.R.A.T.C.H. =P !

Last edited by pixelisator (Aug. 31, 2014 18:25:11)

Greatguy123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Alright! Thanks! (Oh, and remember to follow this topic and this topic)

Last edited by Greatguy123 (Aug. 31, 2014 20:47:27)

hunter2015
New to Scratch
1 post

now can i join !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a difference to those who cannot think
and those who choose not to.
Greatguy123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Yes.

kentevan
Scratcher
7 posts

Greatguy123 wrote:

Do you enjoy reviewing projects? If you do, read on!

Welcome to the Scratch Mining Corps informational article and sign-up sheet! The Scratch Mining Corps (pronounced “cor”) aims to dig up front page worthy Scratch projects that have been lost underneath everything else.

Basically, the Scratch Mining Corps is a project reviewing system with a group of many reviewers with the goal of discovering great projects.

News:
- The Scratch Mining Corps is officially open! Submit your projects here to be reviewed.

- We're still looking for recruits! If you enjoy reviewing games, please consider joining as a reviewer/recruit (see sign-up sheet below).

Owner/Creator/Head Officer:

Greatguy123 (Games)

Recruits:

- 15tuttlet (Games)
- matthewshoults (Games/Simulations)
- pixelisator (Games/Simulations)
- Centrifugal (Games)
- Firedrake969 (Games)
- tombomcbombo (Games)
- Vintagefan100 (Animations)
- wyattw27 (Animations)
- hunter2015 (not active yet)

Recruit of the Week:
Vintagefan101!
For the most involvement of all of 'em!

How it works:

The Scratch Mining Corps has two studios: the Mining Camp and the Gem Showcase.

• Mining Camp

This is where all the digging happens. Gems (in the shape of great projects) must be discovered and then inspected before being placed into the Gem Showcase (see below). Here is the sequence of things that must happen.

1. Someone submits a project (with link) that he/she believes to be front page-worthy (this can be their own project).

2. A Scratch Mining Corps recruit reviews said project and determines if it is front page worthy. If it is, that recruit adds the project to the Mining Camp studio. If it is not, the project will be rejected.

3. Other recruits inspect the project once it is in the studio. Once at least three recruits agree that the project is front page worthy, the project is removed from the Mining Camp and added to the Gem Showcase. The project creator is notified.

• Gem Showcase

The Gem Showcase is where we display any gems (great projects) that we dig up in the Mining Camp.

For Clarity:

The purpose of the Scratch Mining Corps is not to increase popularity among Scratchers. It is only to discover projects that have been lost. However, popularity increase may be a side effect.

The reason I have chosen this method for discovering projects is that I believe just having people look for projects just does not cut it. I'm positive there are projects that are still sitting out there waiting to be found and most likely will not be found by simply looking for them. Every project is known of by at least one person already, and if that person can bring it to light without spamming in any way, we'll be able to know about it. However, this method requires attention from Scratchers who don't know about it, so advertising is crucial. Feel free to advertise wherever and whenever possible. Just DO NOT SPAM.

Sign-up Sheet

Anyone can join the Scratch Mining Corps as a recruit! If you are interested in the Scratch Mining Corps, please consider joining as a recruit. To join, simply reply saying so with the type of project you are most interested in (games, animations, etc.), and a confirmation that you have read and understand the section below including how the system works. Make sure to follow this thread for updates. Once you are accepted, you will be invited to become a curator of the Scratch Mining Corps studios (above).

Recruit Guidelines: *Read before signing up!*

REMEMBER: Not all projects are front page worthy. There will probably be quite a few entries that are not, so you will have to be fairly picky. If you can see the project in one of the following areas on the front page: featured projects, curated projects, or top loved projects, that is a good sign that it is front page worthy.

Please try to eliminate any bias you may have toward certain Scratchers, project types, or Scratcher behavior when inspecting projects. We are looking for projects, and projects only.

If you find yourself inspecting a project that is a different type than the type you are most interested in, consider flagging down a recruit with an interest similar to the project type. For example, I am most interested in games, so I may be too critical on different types of projects whether or not they are front page worthy. You will be able to refer to this topic for a list of recruits and their project type interests. NOTE: it is usually fine if you review a project outside your interest range.

If you think a project you find in the Mining Camp studio is not front page worthy, make sure to discuss it with the person who added it to the studio and find out why they thought the project was good. However, try to do this somewhere other than the project itself. Profiles may be optimal. If you both agree that the project is not front page worthy, have it removed from the studio.

BE KIND! Scratchers may be frustrated if their project is not accepted, so make sure to be understanding and apologize. The last thing we want are hard feelings!

Always take originality into account when inspecting a project. If it is not original, it is most likely not front page worthy.

For now I will remain the sole manager of the Scratch Mining Corps studios. Please do not ask for a promotion.

———————————————————————————————————————–

If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know! I sincerely hope that the Scratch Mining Corps will help many Scratchers and unearth the best of Scratch!

~Greatguy123

Logo created in Paper for iPad by Greatguy123
I'll be recruited for game viewer. I have read the guideline.

Last edited by kentevan (Sept. 9, 2014 02:12:23)

Greatguy123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ok, but PLEASE don't quote the whole post.

kentevan
Scratcher
7 posts

Greatguy123 wrote:

Ok, but PLEASE don't quote the whole post.
ok
-Statistics-
New to Scratch
5 posts

Hey, this seems like a really nice and cool thing! I want to join! I'm interested in games and graphics(if that's even a category). I have read the guidelines, and if I get accepted, I will abide by them.
If I do get accepted, I have one question… What is the font that you used in the logo called? I might want to make my own signature

pinkface12
Scratcher
4 posts

move () steps
say [] for (2) secs
play sound [ v]
clear

when green flag clicked
wait <touching [(( :: list) + (0)) v] ?> secs
define
weird and random I don't know why im doing this but I really like the studio
aimyxuan
Scratcher
5 posts

May I please join as a recruit?
Greatguy123
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Statistics- wrote:

Hey, this seems like a really nice and cool thing! I want to join! I'm interested in games and graphics(if that's even a category). I have read the guidelines, and if I get accepted, I will abide by them.
If I do get accepted, I have one question… What is the font that you used in the logo called? I might want to make my own signature
You're accepted! I'll add you! The font is something I found on dafont.com called Old School United Stencil. Also, there is already an official signature (mine). See the Recruit Discussion Topic.

aimyxuan wrote:

May I please join as a recruit?
Yup!

Last edited by Greatguy123 (Sept. 27, 2014 23:17:00)

-Statistics-
New to Scratch
5 posts

Greatguy123 wrote:

You're accepted! I'll add you! The font is something I found on dafont.com called Old School United Stencil. Also, there is already an official signature (mine). See the Recruit Discussion Topic.
Thanks!!! And I love your signature, but I want a simple one

Greatguy123
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Statistics- wrote:

Greatguy123 wrote:

Thanks!!! And I love your signature, but I want a simple one
Ah. Understood.

-GlacierBerry-
Scratcher
20 posts

could I please join as a recruit? I read the recruit guidelines
ultraman193
Scratcher
5 posts

May I join? I think it would be a pleasant experience to review good projects. I could review games, animations, and art, but not experiment-things. I have clearly read and understood all terms and conditions and would like to join.
HIBYEPIEDIE
Scratcher
1 post

Can i join? I like to explore games and simulations.