Discuss Scratch

TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Packages?

Last edited by TheGlassPenguin (Jan. 22, 2021 00:59:01)

the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Packages?

ScratchCatHELLO wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is a duplicate but I don't have the link.
Me too, so I'm pretty sure this is a dupe.

TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Packages?

scratchieguy12345678
Scratcher
500+ posts

Packages?

johnelr wrote:

this is probably gonna be a duplicate but you know how repl has a thing called packages where you can add things into your project? what if we did that with scratch?

this would provide a less limited scratch and more things you can make. packages would be written in a javascript file and should be a github respitory. and you can download packages via some new window or the extensions tab.

things like document.write and downloading or cookies or something else would not be allowed and blocked if your package has them due to the fact that users can abuse them.

Maybe. But the extensions should be written in scratch not javascript, and it shouldn't be in a github repository. Maybe it could be something built into scratch, in which you can browse extensions and download the one you want.

dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Packages?

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

Stop with these images they take up so much

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
Rendangbike2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Packages?

Rendangbike2 wrote:

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

johnelr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Packages?

scratchieguy12345678 wrote:

johnelr wrote:

this is probably gonna be a duplicate but you know how repl has a thing called packages where you can add things into your project? what if we did that with scratch?

this would provide a less limited scratch and more things you can make. packages would be written in a javascript file and should be a github respitory. and you can download packages via some new window or the extensions tab.

things like document.write and downloading or cookies or something else would not be allowed and blocked if your package has them due to the fact that users can abuse them.

Maybe. But the extensions should be written in scratch not javascript, and it shouldn't be in a github repository. Maybe it could be something built into scratch, in which you can browse extensions and download the one you want.
thats what i was thinking too

Stamps
Click on a stamp and itll lead you somewhere!

Text Games
Murder Mystery

FUN FACT: It took me 13 years to properly open a milk carton
scratchieguy12345678
Scratcher
500+ posts

Packages?

scratchieguy12345678 wrote:

johnelr wrote:

Oh wait, nevermind. I didn't know what a scratch extension was when I posted that. Also, bump.

Ilikesonic100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Packages?

+100, this will help a lot!

Ilikesonic100

Me! My friend! A smart guy! First project! Weekly Featured! My store! Highlight THIS to see more!

This is a kumquat storage chamber. I have them weakened!
(pick random ((O::pen) + (O::list)) to (undefined::)::variables) :: custom ring // This is my old guard. He's back!
wall (cement::grey) (cement::grey)::control hat
wall::control cap
when (kumquat) detected :: hat #ff00ff
blast energy out of (kumquat)::#ff00ff
kumquats here (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) (kumquat :: grey) :: #ff00ff cap
(kumquat energy):: grey ring
PkmnQ
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Packages?

/* How do you tell what's safe and what's not?
   If you block document.write, how about these? */
document["write"]
document[55031810.toString(36)]
window["document"][55031810.toString(36)]
window[38583141744159.toString(36)][55031810.toString(36)]

This is an account that exists.

Here, have a useful link:
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions by Za-Chary