Scratcher
76 posts

Add Everything & Displaying Number of Projects in Studios

Great idea!

Bluenunchuck
Scratcher
100+ posts

That's a really good comprimise!! Well done st!

justplainawesome
Scratcher
1 post

define (Summer)
(Scratch)
firestar8
Scratcher
100+ posts

speakvisually wrote:

We are experimenting with an algorithm to prevent ‘Add Everything’ studios from appearing on project pages and search results. Why are we doing this?

We want studios to be spaces for Scratchers to talk about and curate projects based on themes that interest them. For example, ‘Anime Academy and School’ is a place for Scratchers who love Anime to learn from one another, and discover new and interesting projects. The ‘Looking for a logo’ studio is a place where Scratchers can request personalized logos. There are countless other examples of studios being used in interesting and creative ways!

Some Scratchers really like adding projects to add everything studios – to each their own!

Remember - if someone on Scratch likes adding projects to AE studios, don’t hassle ‘em! And no need to report studios just for being AE’s, they’re not against the rules :]

I agree: AEs are annoying, but they shouldn't be reported. I personally don't like AEs but you're right: to each their own!

I really don't know what I'm doing half the time but I somehow get things done anyway.

Secret Gathering Warriors RP
LiFaytheGoblin
Forum Moderator
1000+ posts

I like this! This is a very good solution for the whole AE conflict!

Deutsch, English, Français, Español, Nederlands
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language

Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If the owner of an AE studio modifies the studio title to deliberately bypass the algorithm and appear on a studio list, should that be reported?

As a long time Scratcher, I have found new meaning to the name “Scratch”: for me, it means to “scratch that itch”, to come back again and again to realize new ideas in this toy language, even when I'm capable of creating my projects in real programming languages years later. It's a friend that helped me to pursue programming and get me to enjoy its fruit. I'm certain many others who have walked this path as well have grown fond of its importance in their life.
-Scribbler-
Scratcher
35 posts

OK, this is bad.
I've seen studios now change their title so they will appear on the search and projects.
(Wow, this proves AEs are annoying…)
alexphan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Some people are right. The owners of AE studios are changing their names to bypass the algorithm. Any thoughts on this?
Lilry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

@speakvisually I appreciate you taking about my“ Looking for a Logo” studio in there! Thanks!
explodingstuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

That is a good idea, but maybe cold you make the owner manage it, so then the studios aiming to have a certain number of certain projects can see how many projects they can have or see “100+”?

You saw my username. I make things explode.
SuperSmashScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

explodingstuff wrote:

That is a good idea, but maybe cold you make the owner manage it, so then the studios aiming to have a certain number of certain projects can see how many projects they can have or see “100+”?
I don't know what you mean by that…

Bush hid the sig
hoole001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blueinkproductions wrote:

ricemilkpop wrote:

THE NEW DESIGN IS BAD!! CHANGE IT BACK!!!
PLEASE DON'T USE ALL CAPS!! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE SHOUTING!!
LOL, YOU IZ A HYPOCRYTE! NO OFFENSE!
hoole001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh, that's why my “Can We Get 1000 (2000) Projects” studio brought that up. Thanks!
Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hoole001 wrote:

Blueinkproductions wrote:

ricemilkpop wrote:

THE NEW DESIGN IS BAD!! CHANGE IT BACK!!!
PLEASE DON'T USE ALL CAPS!! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE SHOUTING!!
LOL, YOU IZ A HYPOCRYTE! NO OFFENSE!
NO, I'M JUST MAKING A POINT!!

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cool idea! It's kind of like when the Scratch Team made it that the exact number for your forum posts were hidden if you had over 100 posts, to stop competition.

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
TheScratchMaster123
Scratcher
1 post

samtisch wrote:

nice update!
when [the chickie v] key pressed
broadcast [cool update coming out! v]
when I receive [cool update coming out! v]
say [AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
tiny288
Scratcher
38 posts

Now everyone has changed it to ‘Can We Get (30000) by (may)’ (These are just examples). Just thought I might say that.

TM_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

great idea!
However i hope the algorithm wont hide “real” studios just because they have to many projects or include wrong words in the description. Also i hope it does not look for unsimilar tags of included projects, because there are many studios which look out for projects of many different types, but they aren't AE studios.

My YouTube-Account: TM_ (TMtheScratcher)
Join the Google+ Community “Persist” and test the latest Alpha-versions and get news about the desktop-game! Persist
powerpoint56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LOL!

This is awesome! "Yes! We have 500 projects! 1000 projects! 100+ projects."

Explore, my Scratch mod | Car Crash | My projects | (image by @MicroMacro)
LPSpuppygirl1
Scratcher
37 posts

I like this new update. Helps people focus more on their projects than the number of projects.
NUU BUT NOW PEOPLE WILL CHANGE THEIR STUDIO NAMES WON'T THEY?

Last edited by LPSpuppygirl1 (July 25, 2014 14:30:37)

*Cry* I dun't know how to do this

Peridot feels my pain.