Discuss Scratch

jmzorko
New to Scratch
9 posts

Resetting sprites to their original state

Hello, all …

I'm in Peru, teaching Scratch to kids. We had our first class today, and it went well insofar as the kids seemed to have a lot of fun making Scratchy move, bounce, say things, loop and make meowing noises. Lots of giggling and smiling ensued, and I was happy :-)

However, I quickly found that a couple of the kids were playing around in the Scratch sprite editor, stretching Scratchy and doing all sorts of things. I actually quite appreciate the curiosity, but I need to know how to reset the sprite back to it's original size / state / costumes / etc. so that the script we do in class will work as expected for everyone. Is there a way of doing this other than removing and re-adding the sprite - something like a reset sprite button?

Regards,

John
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Resetting sprites to their original state

jmzorko wrote:

Hello, all …

I'm in Peru, teaching Scratch to kids. We had our first class today, and it went well insofar as the kids seemed to have a lot of fun making Scratchy move, bounce, say things, loop and make meowing noises. Lots of giggling and smiling ensued, and I was happy :-)

However, I quickly found that a couple of the kids were playing around in the Scratch sprite editor, stretching Scratchy and doing all sorts of things. I actually quite appreciate the curiosity, but I need to know how to reset the sprite back to it's original size / state / costumes / etc. so that the script we do in class will work as expected for everyone. Is there a way of doing this other than removing and re-adding the sprite - something like a reset sprite button?

Regards,

John

There is no reset sprite button.