Discuss Scratch

pandacorn_owl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

Currently remixes show in order of creation. I think it should be most recent or an order chosen by the creater and the default would be the current system. There could even possibly a featured remix.

Benefits:
It would stop the First remixes with minor/no edits being a common occurrence.
It would bring more people to the more recent remixes

Negatives:
People could make inappropriate remixes and they would be bumped to the top.
People could force people to feature their remix.

I will update the OP as the converstion goes on
Mockup by Maximouse

Last edited by pandacorn_owl (Dec. 9, 2020 21:41:22)


Hello it's me your local internet person doing stuff | Please check out this topic | [Insert funny comment to fill gap ]

lovecodeabc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

Support. It's SOOOO annoying to see that first remix, just for fame.

Highlight + Ctrl + Shift + down to see full sig
SALTY sometimes
Save Net Neutarality!!
Check out my cool games!
Click on them to go to them





Google
© 2019 - 2022 lovecodeabc
Uh oh, did the kumquats come again?
pandacorn_owl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

My first ever bump

Hello it's me your local internet person doing stuff | Please check out this topic | [Insert funny comment to fill gap ]

oofer90
Scratcher
100+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

Support! I just feel like people stay up 24/7 just for griffpatch to make a game and instantly press remix and share just so they can be at the top. As you said before It would bring more people to the more recent remixes. That would help for unnoticed scratchers that are good map designers or just changed some of the project.

Health: the people who stay up 24/7 it is actually bad for them because you can experience nightmares more and it is bad for your health and can lead to sickness and in this time period it would be bad for you to get sick and spread it to someone else.

“Let me show you ho the boss does it”- Pheonix

This is not pog D:< . I have to go back to school for 4 days and 1 online D:<

Hey if you see my siggy change its because of certain events that happens. 1. could be with down arrows and saying something like who cares? 2. Just a tutorial about something. 3.Something like this to note. 4. just something like a random image. 5. Motivational quote to get you feeling pumped and motivated. This depends on how I am feeling personally.6. Just a random thing.
Link to griffpatch account:https://scratch.mit.edu/users/griffpatch/








pandacorn_owl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

Final Bump as I don't think people have much to say about this.

Hello it's me your local internet person doing stuff | Please check out this topic | [Insert funny comment to fill gap ]

BitTheDrone
Scratcher
100+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

I like this idea, maybe the default could be top-loved remix or something, but then again the first remix would most likely be the top loved.
Support.

I’m a little confused
NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

So you`re saying that the most recent remix would go to the top of the remix area?


L
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

An order chosen by the creator seems to be too complicated and wouldn't serve much purpose. I do like the idea of a featured remix, as it can show “look what cool thing someone made with my thing isn't that so cool” which would be cool. I like the idea of either showing te most recent remixes or a random selection of remixes, so the first few aren't the only ones with any publicity.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

fdreerf wrote:

An order chosen by the creator seems to be too complicated and wouldn't serve much purpose. I do like the idea of a featured remix, as it can show “look what cool thing someone made with my thing isn't that so cool” which would be cool. I like the idea of either showing te most recent remixes or a random selection of remixes, so the first few aren't the only ones with any publicity.
I only like the featured remix idea for the above reason(s).

L
pandacorn_owl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

fdreerf wrote:

An order chosen by the creator seems to be too complicated and wouldn't serve much purpose. I do like the idea of a featured remix, as it can show “look what cool thing someone made with my thing isn't that so cool” which would be cool. I like the idea of either showing te most recent remixes or a random selection of remixes, so the first few aren't the only ones with any publicity.
By an order they choose I mean Oldest first, newest first, etc.

Hello it's me your local internet person doing stuff | Please check out this topic | [Insert funny comment to fill gap ]

NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

Support. First Remixes are always unoriginal.

L
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

pandacorn_owl wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

An order chosen by the creator seems to be too complicated and wouldn't serve much purpose. I do like the idea of a featured remix, as it can show “look what cool thing someone made with my thing isn't that so cool” which would be cool. I like the idea of either showing te most recent remixes or a random selection of remixes, so the first few aren't the only ones with any publicity.
By an order they choose I mean Oldest first, newest first, etc.
I don't think the creator should be able to choose that. The person who is viewing the project should.


This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

Maximouse wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

An order chosen by the creator seems to be too complicated and wouldn't serve much purpose. I do like the idea of a featured remix, as it can show “look what cool thing someone made with my thing isn't that so cool” which would be cool. I like the idea of either showing te most recent remixes or a random selection of remixes, so the first few aren't the only ones with any publicity.
By an order they choose I mean Oldest first, newest first, etc.
I don't think the creator should be able to choose that. The person who is viewing the project should.
And would they like double clickdrag the project around the remix area?

L
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

NanoPIex wrote:

And would they like double clickdrag the project around the remix area?
They would choose between newest first, oldest first, popular, random and so on.


This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

Maximouse wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

And would they like double clickdrag the project around the remix area?
They would choose between newest first, oldest first, popular, random and so on.
Oh. So they would click a button and then they would click the answer that they want? That`s quite organized. What color would the button be? I would go with blue, green, indigo, or maybe purple. Red, orange, and yellow don`t seam as good.

L
pandacorn_owl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

NanoPIex wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

And would they like double clickdrag the project around the remix area?
They would choose between newest first, oldest first, popular, random and so on.
Oh. So they would click a button and then they would click the answer that they want? That`s quite organized. What color would the button be? I would go with blue, green, indigo, or maybe purple. Red, orange, and yellow don`t seam as good.
I would imagine something like the fliter on the home page but I don't know what a good placement would be

Hello it's me your local internet person doing stuff | Please check out this topic | [Insert funny comment to fill gap ]

NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

And would they like double clickdrag the project around the remix area?
They would choose between newest first, oldest first, popular, random and so on.
Oh. So they would click a button and then they would click the answer that they want? That`s quite organized. What color would the button be? I would go with blue, green, indigo, or maybe purple. Red, orange, and yellow don`t seam as good.
I would imagine something like the fliter on the home page but I don't know what a good placement would be
What`s the filter on the home page?

L
pandacorn_owl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

NanoPIex wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

And would they like double clickdrag the project around the remix area?
They would choose between newest first, oldest first, popular, random and so on.
Oh. So they would click a button and then they would click the answer that they want? That`s quite organized. What color would the button be? I would go with blue, green, indigo, or maybe purple. Red, orange, and yellow don`t seam as good.
I would imagine something like the fliter on the home page but I don't know what a good placement would be
What`s the filter on the home page?
I meant explore

Hello it's me your local internet person doing stuff | Please check out this topic | [Insert funny comment to fill gap ]

NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

And would they like double clickdrag the project around the remix area?
They would choose between newest first, oldest first, popular, random and so on.
Oh. So they would click a button and then they would click the answer that they want? That`s quite organized. What color would the button be? I would go with blue, green, indigo, or maybe purple. Red, orange, and yellow don`t seam as good.
I would imagine something like the fliter on the home page but I don't know what a good placement would be
What`s the filter on the home page?
I meant explore
Oh that would be so great. Support. It should probably go next to the report button, above the remixes column.

L
pandacorn_owl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A Change to Remix Order

NanoPIex wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

And would they like double clickdrag the project around the remix area?
They would choose between newest first, oldest first, popular, random and so on.
Oh. So they would click a button and then they would click the answer that they want? That`s quite organized. What color would the button be? I would go with blue, green, indigo, or maybe purple. Red, orange, and yellow don`t seam as good.
I would imagine something like the fliter on the home page but I don't know what a good placement would be
What`s the filter on the home page?
I meant explore
Oh that would be so great. Support. It should probably go next to the report button, above the remixes column.
I think maybe next to view all

Hello it's me your local internet person doing stuff | Please check out this topic | [Insert funny comment to fill gap ]

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile