Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Vector World [NOW HIRING]

UPDATE:

- Loader Update:
(+) Added loader!
(*) Bugfixes
(-) Removed information about cloud data (lists & variables that appeared when you started the project now doesn't show anymore)
(-) Removed unnecessary code.

EDIT: Also, it's v.1.1! That means that we're 90% from beta now (Beta will be released at v.2.0)

Last edited by Tropic (Aug. 17, 2014 18:04:21)

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 40.0.2, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Last eaten by Evil Kumquat (Today 19:30:11)
when I receive [flash_player_version] :: motion
say [Windows 7, Flash 15.0 (release 0)] :: sensing
stop script :: custom
Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Development will be slowed down due to:

1. School
2. I'm working on 2 things in Minecraft too. When I'm finished with these things I'll spend more time on this project

EDIT: First thing (the airplane) in Minecraft done. Now only the castle is left. This means that I'll work more on the Scratch project.

What I'll do first:
1. School (Homework, other)
2. Scratch
3. Minecraft

On weekends:
1. Scratch
2. Minecraft
3. School

Last edited by Tropic (Sept. 5, 2014 19:23:41)

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 40.0.2, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It's Friday!

I'll work on the project as much as I can this weekend, however I got some homework to do

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FORUM TOPIC UPDATES:

(+) Added 2 more Q&A to the FAQ.

Last edited by Tropic (Sept. 6, 2014 09:27:51)

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CLOUD UPDATE:

(+) Added new variable, “CLOUD_preStorage”, that stores your username before it gets added to the cloud data
(*) Cloud data bugfixes:
- Fixed bug where usernames not registered correctly made the system crash and the project then never loaded.
(*) Changed the way the project registers usernames, so that it works a lot better!

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've made some small updates this weekend

Here are some of the things I'm planning on adding and why some of them are delayed/not being worked on:

- Butterflies (background feature, animated)
[0% Done, not being worked on because texture isn't done yet and I'm not sure which scripts I should make. This also might cause more lag.]

- More characters (Pico, Gobo, Tera, Nano, Giga, Scratch Cat)
[10% Done]

- Day & Night (When the sky is dark in real like, the sky in the game could be dark as well, using time zones & other stuff)
[10% Done, delayed because it's hard to make it and might cause more lag]

- New texture to ponds
[50% Done, the scripts are done but the texture isn't]

- Options window; sound settings, music settings, controls, change music, etc.
[30% Done, delayed because I'm currently focusing on the menu]

- Menu window; world select, create world, etc.
[75% Done]

Last edited by Tropic (Sept. 13, 2014 21:09:28)

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tornadoes might come soon

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GigaBars wrote:

Alpha Tester Template
1. Why you want to become an alpha tester. It would be fun!
2. How active you are on Scratch. (How often you can check out & test the project) at least 3 days a week
3. How long you've used Scratch. (Years & Months) 1 year now!

I'll try to add you today intead! (I'll write it down this time so I won't forget it)

Tropical Productions
sunnypiano
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oh my god! I'm so sorry, I forgot about this collab!
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sunnypiano wrote:

oh my god! I'm so sorry, I forgot about this collab!

It might have been because I've worked on other projects recently I only have time to work on it on the weekends and sometimes I'm working with Java projects instead. But I hope I'll have time to work on the project this weekend!

Tropical Productions
xsnail
Scratcher
90 posts

This game has improved quite a bit since I joined!

I suppose you should have something better to do then just read over my signature, right? Maybe view projects, read a book, go outside.. I wonder if you are still reading this. Well, I guess I should tell a bit about me ( ͠°ᴥ °). I am xsnail, a Scratcher. I cannot elaborate on such text, if you believe that I should do so. I guess I should, if I intend to fill this whole signature (ꗞωꗞ). Maybe I should just add a large amount of those faces. They are quite pleasant, and they would fill this up! But text is more boring, and my favorite things are making people bored and confused. Wow, I just share a bit more about myself! Maybe you should start doing so (¬ᨎ¬)……….. So I guess you are going to stay quiet this whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooole time? That took up a good portion of space if I do say so myself. At least I am saying something unlike you.. I will not stand for this!! I shall find a way to do this Herculean task. Not even those random bold and italic and strike through and underline made you speak That is very strange behavior. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you must say something somehow and i will find out what must i do what must i say what must i type what must i DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IKNOW!!!!! I will put down Scratch blocks! Then you will surely converse with me! I changed my mind, I don't want to ☞ ͡(⎚﹏ ͡⎚)☞. That's it. I am not mad, I just will not ask for a response now, this is taking up my time and your time. I'll do all the talking now, and you will stay put this entire time. And if I hear a peep out of you, I WILL ANNIHILATE oh sorry i may have gotten a bit carried away there but NO MATTER. I will now talk to you My name is xsna- oh dear, I may have already stated that, haven't I? Well th-then what should I say. GIBBERISH. I will speak gibberish for the remainder alright so listen up. AQefccdyhedibfhiue-and how did you like that?
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xsnail wrote:

Have you tried out the menu & options? Soon you'll be able to create your own world using an editor!

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xsnail wrote:

I have updated the cloud data system now so that it translates usernames into numbers faster and I also added some new symbols

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cloud data bug is now fixed and the username registering system has been improved

It now loads a lot faster than before and should be able to handle to register more than 100 usernames in only a few seconds!

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It was pretty bad weather today :O

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tornadoes have finally been added to the project!

Weekend Updates:

(+) Another MASSIVE changes to both clouds and cloud data!
(+) Cloud data now loads faster
(+) TORNADOES added!
(+) Cloud data now supports more symbols.
(+) Increased rain.
(*) Lots of bugfixes & tweaks to the weather and cloud data.
(-) Decreased wind speed.
(-) Decreased lag.
(-) Removed unnecessary scripts.

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We're now hiring again!

(This is due to that some people in the collaboration are inactive)

I'll (hopefully) update this topic/post tomorrow with more information on how to become an alpha tester, developer or artist. For now, read the project I made about becoming an alpha tester/developer

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Almost 1000 views

I've updated the post so now there's 3 templates

Tropical Productions
roboticchat
Scratcher
23 posts

[quote=Tropic][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b]---- Vector World ----
[b][i]Special thanks to:[/i][/b]
- @Buny1p for making the lightning in the new front picture! :D
- @Barnabas09 for taking a picture of the project! :D
- @TM_ and @shadowspear1 for creating music to the project! :D
- @Ziyad29 for "Day & Night - Real Time" idea! :D

[b]NOTE: Progress will be slowed down due to school.[/b]
[b]NOTE: Some features in the project might not work for [i]New Scratchers.[/i][/b]
[b]Link to project: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/23911073/[/b]
[i][b]Follow [/b]the discussion to get news about the collaboration! :)[/i]

[b][big][u]Scroll down to the end of this post if you want to become an alpha tester, developer or artist![/u][/big][/b] :)

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/745/182af4.png/][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/480x360q90/745/182af4.png[/IMG][/URL]

[quote][b]FAQ:[/b]
Q: What is an alpha [b]tester[/b]?
A: [i]An alpha [b]tester[/b] is a person who tests the project, report bugs if they find any and come up with new ideas.[/i]

Q: What is an alpha [b]developer[/b]?
A: [i]An alpha [b]developer[/b] is a person who develops the project/adds new features to the project. Developers also fixes bugs.[/i]

Q: What is an alpha [b]artist[/b]?
A: [i]An alpha [b]artist[/b] is a person who creates all of the images and sprite textures/clothes in the project.[/i]

Q: Will you be able to save your game?
A: [i]Yes.[/i]

Q: Will you be able to share your game with others(i.e. other people can look at what you've done)?
A: [i]Yes.[/i]

Q: Will you be able to chat?
A: [i]Yes, using a safe chat.[/i]

Q: Will you be able to play multiplayer?
A: [i]No. You'll be able to share your work though and multiplayer might get added in the future.[/i]

Q: Why is the project named "Vector World"?
A: [i]Because almost everything in the project is made with Vector graphics.[/i]

Q: Will [i]New Scratchers[/i] be able to use the project?
A: [i]Yes, but they won't be able to save unless they use a [/i][b]save code.[/b]

Q: What is a [b]save code?[/b]
A: [i]A [/i][b]save code[/b][i] is a code (numbers) that you can use if you want to access a world you've created. Just copy the code and then when you want to load your world just paste it again! :)[/i][/quote]

[quote][b]About[/b]
Theme: [i]Nature[/i]

[i]Vector World is a game where you'll be able to create your own nature(world). You'll be able to choose between lots of different objects to place in your world, such as clouds, water, trees, apples, etc. You'll also be able to choose a world to start with and then add your objects and change it, for example maybe you want to create an ocean. Then you can just simply choose an ocean world and then add some fishes, corals and islands.

You'll also be able to share your work to other people so they can see what you've created. Using cloud variables and lists you can also chat with other people in a [b]safe chat.[/b]

Objects in your world can also interact with other objects. For example: [b]Apples[/b] change color and when they get red they fall to the ground and if they hit another apple they bounce away. They also bounce when the touch the ground and rotate slightly. [b]Clouds[/b] appears randomly on the sky, flies around in the wind direction and gets darker by the time. When they're close enough to the ground they start to rain and puddles appears on the ground.
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/538/c14011.png/][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/538/c14011.png[/IMG][/URL]
Picture of clouds raining, taken by @Tropic.

More information coming soon![/i][/quote]

[quote][i]Current alpha testers/slots available:[/i]
1. [b](Inactive)[/b] @Gamefan888
2. @sunnypiano
3. @xsnail
4. @GigaBars
5. [b](Inactive)[/b] @python2_7
6. @Icey29
[/quote]
[quote][i]Current alpha developers/slots available:[/i]
1. @Tropic
2. [b](Inactive)[/b] @Barnabas09
3. @ThunderOS
4. [b](Inactive)[/b] @theanonymousgamer
5. [b](Inactive)[/b] @birdseyecoder
6. @roboticchat
[/quote]
[quote][i]Current alpha artists/slots available:[/i]
1. @Tropic
2. @EvilCookie36
3. @Buny1p
[/quote]

[b]Pictures of the project:[/b]
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/540/0e3c10.jpg/][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/540/0e3c10.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
- Picture taken by @Barnabas09, alpha developer.
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/536/ffcba5.png/][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/536/ffcba5.png[/IMG][/URL]
- Picture taken by @Tropic, alpha developer.
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/538/c14011.png/][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/538/c14011.png[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/745/182af4.png/][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/745/182af4.png[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://imageshack.com/f/f05ed9A3p][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/540/5ed9A3.png[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://imageshack.com/f/ipnAEMGVp][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/673/nAEMGV.png[/IMG][/URL]

[b][big][u]How to become an alpha tester, developer or artist[/u][/big][/b]
To become an alpha testers or developer please [b]write a comment/post with the questions below answered in it.[/b] Please also include if you want to become an [i]alpha tester[/i], [i]developer[/i] or [i]artist.[/i]

[quote][b]Alpha Tester Template[/b]
1. Why you want to become an alpha tester.
2. How active you are on Scratch. (How often you can check out & test the project)
3. How long you've used Scratch. (Years & Months)[/quote]
[quote][b]Alpha Developer Template[/b]
1. Why you want to become an alpha developer.
2. How active you are on Scratch. (How often you can update the project)
3. How long you've used Scratch. (Years & Months)
4. How good you are at scripting/developing. Please include a link to the best project/most complex project you've made.
5. What you know about cloud variables, variables & lists. Also what you know about encoding and decoding.[/quote]
[quote][b]Alpha Artist Template[/b]
1. Why you want to become an alpha artist.
2. How active you are at Scratch. (How often you can paint new things in Vector)
3. How long you've used Scratch. (Years & Months)
4. How good you are at painting in Vector. (Making Vector Art, note that it has to be in Vector) Please post a link to a project where you've painted something in Vector.[/quote]

[url=http://blob8108.github.io/scratchblocks2/diff/#17088932%2B25062650]This might be useful for developers![/url] :D
[url=http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24611046/]More information in this project[/url] :)

[i][b]Thanks for reading! Good luck :)[/b][/i][/quote]

when I receive [a follow v]
forever

play sound [of hugs v]
end

when I receive [a follow v]
say [Thank you]
go to [Valve v]
say [I need HL3]
stop [Puns v]
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Latest release date for Vector World: 1;st June 2015

But the project will probably be released earlier I just calculated this using this information:

I started to work on the project at some point in June.
The project is 33% done (1 / 3) in October which means that it took 4 months to get this far.
This means that it might take another 8 months (33% + 67% = 100%, 67% = 4 months * 2 = 8 months) before the project gets released.
8 months after October –> June.

This actually also means that it might take a whole year before the project gets finished :O

EDIT: However, it probably will go faster to develop the project now when we got several developers, artist and testers!

Last edited by Tropic (Sept. 28, 2014 16:55:02)

Tropical Productions