aleynesansonnet wrote:

Tropic wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Tropic wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Music/Sound Composer Application/Template
1. How active you are at Scratch. every day to every other day
2. Have you had any previous Scratch accounts? no
3. What will you do? Create new music/sounds or find music/sounds? make new sounds, but I can also find some if needed
4. If you're creating music/sounds: How good are you at creating music sounds from a scale from 1 - 10? 10 https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/72661490/ I can create sound effects too but I have no project for it )
5. If you're finding music/sounds: How good are you at finding good music/sounds from a scale from 1 - 10? Please include a link to a project with the music/sounds you think fits to this collaboration project.

Beta Artist Application/Template
1. How active you are at Scratch. every day to every other day
2. Have you had any previous Scratch accounts? no
3. How good you are at painting in Vector. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/72680086/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/72102616/
Great! You're added as both an artist and music/sound composer
Thanks! What do you want me to do?
Currently there's not much to do but maybe a walking cycle for Pico or a start menu for the game since we haven't made one yet
If you're going to make the start menu the background should be transparent so that I can add an animation of the project there later The buttons and the rest are of course not going to be transparent
Okay!
>:( grrr 60 second rule)
Btw, here's the layout of the menu: http://i.cubeupload.com/JJjXG7.png
Feel free to change the layout a bit, but not too much please
(I know I hate that too :()
I got the chills cuz it's so dull. May I redo the main menu
I put the one I made in the studio
O lol But still looks weird
? How
The layout
I actually did the basic layout, but I haven't seen @aleynesansonnet's project yet. I'll check it out

EDIT: I think they look really cool
However, @the_force, if you want a different layout you can remix the project and put it in the studio and we'll see which one we'll choose
Hehe XD

@K13Marie, @Writer and@Novakitty r my cute n sweet little sista HUG ME :D
Weirdgames123
Scratcher
33 posts

Vector World [NOW HIRING]

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Evil Kumquat wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic and Weirdgames123 had a conversation
Well, only if its raining. But, I can do footsteps, 8-bit sounds, wind, and stuff like that.
I can eat signatures >:D
Wind, rain & footsteps we'll probably need
Could you try beginning with the wind or rain? Because that's what we currently have added

Btw, I'll add you as a “Sound Effects Composer” or something like that as soon as I've added it to the list of available applications
(It's possible that you'll just become a Music Composer that works with sound effects though)
Cool (sorry I was inactive. It's 8:19 AM in my time zone.)
Oh, btw, you can post your music in this studio
Ok, I need to wait for my mom to wake up so I can use the computer, because the computer is in my parents room.
Ok
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/74336024/
I'll check it out when I've turned on my computer
Btw, you've been invited to curate the studio
Cool! Again, time zone. But do you want me to make any other sounds or improve?
Hard to know since I don't know what sounds you made since I haven't gotten home from school yet
But can you tell me what sounds you've made?
You mean on my sound effects project?
Yes
I made a moring/night sound (crickets and birds) I made a wind/daytime noise (Wind and machine in the background) Foots steps both fast and slow (Hitting my iPod against my hand).
Ok, then maybe thunder and/or rain sounds if possible
I could do rain, but not thunder because it never rains were I live.
Wait, do you live on Åland? (Aland Islands) That's pretty close to where I live; Sweden that is
Try doing rain then if you want to

Btw, like the longest quote ever now xD (But I shortened it a little actually and it's still this long )
No, I live in Arizona
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Evil Kumquat wrote:

Could you try beginning with the wind or rain? Because that's what we currently have added

Btw, I'll add you as a “Sound Effects Composer” or something like that as soon as I've added it to the list of available applications
(It's possible that you'll just become a Music Composer that works with sound effects though)
Ok, I need to wait for my mom to wake up so I can use the computer, because the computer is in my parents room.
Ok
Hard to know since I don't know what sounds you made since I haven't gotten home from school yet
Yes
I made a moring/night sound (crickets and birds) I made a wind/daytime noise (Wind and machine in the background) Foots steps both fast and slow (Hitting my iPod against my hand).
Wait, do you live on Åland? (Aland Islands) That's pretty close to where I live; Sweden that is

Btw, like the longest quote ever now xD (But I shortened it a little actually and it's still this long )
No, I live in Arizona
Why does it say Aland Islands on your profile then?

Last edited by Tropic (Aug. 29, 2015 19:34:02)

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 40.0.2, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Last eaten by Evil Kumquat (Today 19:30:11)
when I receive [flash_player_version] :: motion
say [Windows 7, Flash 15.0 (release 0)] :: sensing
stop script :: custom
Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The extremely long conversation xD:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Evil Kumquat wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

☁ Vector World ☁
Made by Tropical Productions
BETA version of the project is available here!
DEMO version of the project is available here!
DEMO 2 version of the project is available here!

Special thanks to:
- @DogQueenGirl for making different types of trees, flowers & apples!
- @Finnster315 for making the search and settings icons!
- @TM_ and @shadowspear1 for creating music to the project!
- @Ziyad29 for “Day & Night - Real Time” idea!
- @DadOfMrLog for help with cloud data and calculating distance between clones!
- @PinballX for the “Music Composers” idea!
- @BSH1 for making the Halloween pumpkin in the front picture!
- @talkingtoilet8 for making the slider in the options!
- @gtoal for making a timezone detector!

NOTE: Some features in the project might not work for New Scratchers.
Follow the discussion to get news about the collaboration!

Scroll down to the end of this post if you want to become a beta tester, developer, advanced developer, artist or music composer!

FAQ:
Q: What is a beta tester?
A: A beta tester is a person who tests the project, report bugs if they find any and come up with new ideas. They also have access to some commands in the project.

Q: What is a beta developer?
A: An alpha developer is a person who develops the project/adds new features to the project. Developers also fixes bugs and have access to all commands in the project.

Q: What is an advanced developer and/or what's the difference between them and developers?
A: An advanced developer is a person who knows a lot (or atleast a little) about cloud data and other advanced things such as scrolling, 3D, etc. This person adds new features to the project. This person mainly works with the cloud data parts of the project. A beta developer is basically the same, but doesn't know that much about cloud data and other advanced things. More information about beta developers is available above.

Q: What is a beta artist?
A: A beta artist is a person who creates all of the images and sprite textures/clothes in the project. They also have access to some commands in the project.

Q: What is a music composer?
A: A music composer is a person who makes music or finds music for the project. They also have access to some commands in the project.

Q: Will you be able to save your world?
A: Yes, using cloud data. However, please note that, New Scratchers can not use cloud data and therefore they can not save their world If you are a New Scratcher, use a save code instead

Q: Will you be able to share your world with others(i.e. other people can look at what you've done)?
A: Yes. You will also be able to check out other players' worlds by clicking on the “Browse” button.

Q: Will you be able to chat?
A: Yes, using a safe chat.

Q: Will you be able to play multiplayer?
A: No. You'll be able to share your work though and multiplayer might get added in the future.

Q: Why is the project named “Vector World”?
A: Because almost everything in the project is made with Vector graphics.

Q: Will New Scratchers be able to use the project?
A: Yes, but they won't be able to save unless they use a save code.

Q: What is a save code?
A: A save code is a code (numbers) that you can use if you want to access a world you've created. Just copy the code and then when you want to load your world just paste it again! :)

Q: What is a safe chat?
A: A safe chat is a chat that prevents you from typing inappropriate words. Only a few trusted words are accepted.

About
Theme: Nature

Vector World is a game where you'll be able to create your own nature(world). You'll be able to choose between lots of different objects to place in your world, such as clouds, water, trees, apples, etc. You'll also be able to choose a world to start with and then add your objects and change it, for example maybe you want to create an ocean. Then you can just simply choose an ocean world and then add some fishes, corals and islands.

You'll also be able to share your work to other people so they can see what you've created. Using cloud variables and lists you can also chat with other people in a safe chat.

Objects in your world can also interact with other objects. For example: Apples change color and when they get red they fall to the ground and if they hit another apple they bounce away. They also bounce when the touch the ground and rotate slightly. Clouds appears randomly on the sky, flies around in the wind direction and gets darker by the time. When they're close enough to the ground they start to rain and puddles appears on the ground.

Picture of clouds raining, taken by @Tropic, beta developer.

More information coming soon!

Current beta testers:
1. [Inactive] @Gamefan888
2. @sunnypiano
3. [Inactive] @xsnail
4. [Inactive] @GigaBars
5. [Inactive] @python2_7
6. [Inactive] @Icey29
7. [Inactive] @PigwaiilTunes
8. @Liam4177
9. [Inactive] @robomon
10. @CelebiGamer
11. [Inactive] @epicanna27
12. [Inactive] @MinecraftParty77
13. [Inactive] @ItsQueenElsa
14. [Inactive] @misspenguin287
15. [Inactive] @Iamfab
16. @wykeham8
17. @Sqeevee / @Skyrim_Mage
18. @110Percent
Current beta developers:
1. @roboticchat
2. [Inactive] @theanonymousgamer
3. [Inactive] @birdseyecoder
4. [Inactive] @PinballX
5. [Inactive] @lndigo
6. [Inactive] @SuperDragon2014
7. @-Confuse-
8. @the_force
Current advanced developers:
1. @Tropic
2. [Inactive] @Barnabas09
3. [Inactive] @ThunderOS
4. @Tyman187
5. [?] @zorfo1
6. @nickydroids
Current GitHub developers:
1. @Tropic [GitHub: @TropicSapling]
2. @ev3coolexit987654 (@ev3commander) [GitHub: @ev3commander]
3. @theonlygusti [GitHub: @theonlygusti]
Current beta artists:
1. @Tropic
2. [Inactive] @Buny1p
3. [Inactive] @Venom_Cobra
4. [Inactive] @PinballX
5. [Inactive] @meowingtons
6. @DogQueenGirl
7. @shinkansen
8. @ev3coolexit987654
9. @the_force
10. aleynesansonnet
Current music/sound composers:
1. [Inactive] @PinballX
2. [Inactive] @NolanAwesome
3. [Inactive @starwarsdallin
4. @Weirdgames123
5. aleynesansonnet
Old members of the collaboration:
1. [Alpha developer] @QuantumPixel (Moved to @ChocolatePi)
2. [Alpha artist] @EvilCookie36 (Leaving Scratch soon )
3. [Alpha artist] @talkingtoilet8
4. [Alpha & Beta tester] @xsnail (Has been inactive for 6 months, probably left Scratch )

Pictures of the project:

- Picture taken by @Barnabas09, beta developer.

- Picture taken by @Tropic, beta developer.

How to become a beta tester, developer, advanced developer, artist or music composer
To become a beta tester, developer, advanced developer, artist or music composer please write a comment/post with the questions below answered in it. Please also include if you want to become a beta tester, developer, advanced developer, artist or music composer. Please note that important questions are marked bold/large

Beta Tester Application/Template
1. How active you are on Scratch. (How often you can check out & test the project)
2. Have you had any previous Scratch accounts? If so, please link to them
3. Do you have any experience of being a tester? Have you been a tester before or is this the first time?
Beta Developer Application/Template
1. How active you are at Scratch. (How often you can update the project)
3. How good you are at scripting/developing. Please include a link to the best project/most complex project you've made.
4. Press “See Inside” and look through the scripts in the project. Do you understand some of the scripts? If so how much do you understand; in a scale from 1 - 10?
Advanced Developer Application/Template
1. How active you are at Scratch. (How often you can update the project)
3. How good you are at scripting/developing. Please include a link to the best project/most complex project you've made.
4. What you know about cloud variables, variables & lists. Also what you know about encoding, decoding and scrolling.
5. Press “See Inside” and look through the scripts in the project. Do you understand some of the scripts? If so how much do you understand; in a scale from 1 - 10?
GitHub Developer Application/Template
1. How active you are at GitHub. (How often you can update the project)
2. Do you have a GitHub account? If so, please link to it If you don't have one, you should create one
3. How good you are at coding/developing. Please include a link to the best project/most complex project you've made (outside Scratch!).
4. What you know about Java, HTML & CSS, PHP and other programming/markup languages. Also what you know about Java Graphics.
5. Look in the Vector-World repository on GitHub. Do you understand most of the code? If so how much do you understand; in a scale from 1 - 10?
Beta Artist Application/Template
1. How active you are at Scratch. (How often you can paint new things in Vector)
3. How good you are at painting in Vector. (Making Vector Art, note that it has to be in Vector) Please post a link to a project where you've painted something in Vector.
Music/Sound Composer Application/Template
1. How active you are at Scratch. (How often you can create music/sounds and find new music/sounds)
3. What will you do? Create new music/sounds or find music/sounds?
4. If you're creating music/sounds: How good are you at creating music7sounds from a scale from 1 - 10? Please include a link to some music/sounds you've made.
5. If you're finding music/sounds: How good are you at finding good music/sounds from a scale from 1 - 10? Please include a link to a project with the music/sounds you think fits to this collaboration project.

This might be useful for developers!
More information in this project

Thanks for reading!

Got an idea? Post it in here or as a comment on the project! You can also comment on this idea board made by @roboticchat
[Outdated Banner]Banner for alpha testers here! (made by @Liam4177)
Another banner for everyone in the collaboration here! (made by @Tropic)
HI, I know this is not on there, but I want to be the sound effects guy. I will make homemade sound effects and never from any other website or project. I'm also very active on scratch. The only time i'm not active is because of school or my mom forces me to get off because “I use the computer too much.”
Great!
What kinds of sound effects will you make? Like thunder and rain sound effects?
It would be really useful with some sound effects instead of music when it's thunder and/or raining
Well, only if its raining. But, I can do footsteps, 8-bit sounds, wind, and stuff like that.

Ok
Yes

No, I live in Arizona

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 40.0.2, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Tropical Productions
aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

No, I live in Arizona
yep :
Weirdgames123
Scratcher | Joined 1 month ago
Aland Islands

Last edited by aleynesansonnet (Aug. 29, 2015 19:42:47)

Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ev3coolexit987654 wrote:

Who put the “evil kumquat wrote: i can eat signatures” thing?

RED-drag0n wrote:

Tropic wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Tropic wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Evil Kumquat wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

djdolphin wrote:

theonlygusti wrote:

djdolphin wrote:

Can't you just use comments to label the sections?
Yes, but current Scratch comments are the ugliest things. This block would make everything neater. Even just a comment block would make everything neater.
I'd prefer inline, multiline comments (like the old comment block) that could wrap around scripts, instead of a dedicated section block.
Why are you quoting the posts?
When you post only a quote of someone it means they said exactly what you want to say. Basically, it means you completely agree and no other text is necessary.
Ah, ok
The real question is how that Evil Kumquat thing got in there. :O

:0

Last edited by Tropic (Aug. 29, 2015 19:46:23)

Tropical Productions
Weirdgames123
Scratcher
33 posts

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Evil Kumquat wrote:

Ok
Yes

No, I live in Arizona
Because I don't want to give away my real state.
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Evil Kumquat wrote:

Ok
Yes

No, I live in Arizona
Oh, ok

Tropical Productions
the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Evil Kumquat wrote:

Ok
Yes

No, I live in Arizona
Oh, ok
R we trying to do the longest quote ever

@K13Marie, @Writer and@Novakitty r my cute n sweet little sista HUG ME :D
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the_force wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Weirdgames123 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

Evil Kumquat wrote:

Ok
Yes

No, I live in Arizona
Oh, ok
R we trying to do the longest quote ever
Yeah, but this isn't even the whole quote xD
I've shortened it a little bit

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch is going down in about 30 min for up to 5 hours for maintenance

Last edited by Tropic (Aug. 30, 2015 16:22:58)

Tropical Productions
ev3coolexit987654
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropic wrote:

yeah
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ev3coolexit987654 wrote:

Tropic wrote:

yeah
But now it's back

Tropical Productions
thebriculator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi I'm looking for a job and this place seems nice. Here's my resume: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/1480068/
Advanced Developer Application
1. How active you are at Scratch. About Weekly.
2. Have you had any previous Scratch accounts? Not previous accounts, but test accounts: thebriculator-test and thetestulator
3. How good you are at scripting/developing. See Portfolio.
4. Cloud variables, variables, lists, encoding, decoding and scrolling. I've made Leaderboards in Yahtzee. I've made shifting and stretching displays as in the intro here and visuals here. I can do mutidimensional arrays as in this.
5. Do you understand some of the scripts? Yes and some of it can be simplified

Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

thebriculator wrote:

Hi I'm looking for a job and this place seems nice. Here's my resume: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/1480068/
Advanced Developer Application
1. How active you are at Scratch. About Weekly.
2. Have you had any previous Scratch accounts? Not previous accounts, but test accounts: thebriculator-test and thetestulator
3. How good you are at scripting/developing. See Portfolio.
4. Cloud variables, variables, lists, encoding, decoding and scrolling. I've made Leaderboards in Yahtzee. I've made shifting and stretching displays as in the intro here and visuals here. I can do mutidimensional arrays as in this.
5. Do you understand some of the scripts? Yes and some of it can be simplified
Great, I've noticed myself that some of the scripts need to be simplified but I haven't fixed them yet xD
I'll check out your projects later today

Tropical Productions
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@thebriculator is now an advanced developer!

Tropical Productions
ev3coolexit987654
Scratcher
1000+ posts

:smile:
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

For those of you for some reason want to know, we currently get around 14 views per post

Tropical Productions
thebriculator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Tropic wrote:

@thebriculator is now an advanced developer!

thebriculator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Do the lead programmers have any engines or tools they want me to make?