Discuss Scratch

greenmoonfriends
Scratcher
5 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Username: greenmoonfriends
Why we chose that: because we all chose different names as one but most of it is done with Green Moon so yeah! The names are based on a favourite colour then an object that we like that is one or two syllables so it's snappier
Hobbies: we're all friends but we all have different hobbies - most of us play piano and some of us do rock climbing often - but ‘Scratching’ is an all-rounder!
What we're looking forward to on scratch: RANDOMNESS!!! We LOVE making random projects for amusement, it's one of our hobbies!
Please follow us if you like what we do! - greenmoonfriends

Last edited by greenmoonfriends (June 14, 2013 16:25:24)

Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

doggydudet wrote:

Hello doggydudet here I had an idea of where you reply to this post and share a bit about yourself.

But, do not post your real name, where you live, or your contact info. You can put your scratch name though.

Scratch Name: doggydudet
Hobbies: drawing, cooking, baking, reading, and scratching!

Reply and post a bit about yourself!

~doggydudet
um, thats kinda what this whole thread is

cookiebug44
Scratcher
5 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Username: cookiebug44
Why: Cookiebug is a nickname of myself, and for some reason, I like the number 44.
Hobbies: Cross-stitch, Dancing, Reading (especially the Warriors books! I love cats!)
What I look forward too: Just fun, I guess.
Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

cookiebug44 wrote:

Username: cookiebug44
Why: Cookiebug is a nickname of myself, and for some reason, I like the number 44.
Hobbies: Cross-stitch, Dancing, Reading (especially the Warriors books! I love cats!)
What I look forward too: Just fun, I guess.
cool! welcome to scratch! I love the warriors series, too!

firestar10
Scratcher
6 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

My username is firestar10
I chose it because I was 10 when I made it and my favourite Warriors character is Firestar
My hobbies are Roblox, Survivalcraft, and gymnastics
I look forward to making games on Scratch
For anyone that wants to know, I am orangebunny9 on Roblox
dracae
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome to Scratch!

StarBender
New to Scratch
4 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Username: StarBender
Why I chose that Username: I thought the element-bending skills from the Avatar television show were cool, but, as I didn't want to really be associated
with the show (I don't watch it, and I don't agree with the mystical elements in it), I picked ‘star’ because, well, wouldn't it be cool to
control huge flaming balls of volatile gasses in space?
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, and Artistic Rendering
What I look forward to on Scratch: Um… I really only signed on for the purposes of one project, but I guess I could try my hand at more visual style
coding than is available in simple Java (which is, compared to real Java, like Canadian high school French compared to France French; there's
a whale of a difference).
Listwizard
Scratcher
66 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

HERE I AM

ROOOOCK YA LIKE A HURRICANE!

Just my way of saying hi.

I am good with lists. My main profile is Failord.

Kaj, the Custom Block Sorcerer, or my pesky, vengeful keyboard are entirely to blame for spelling mistakes or other errors in my posts.

Want a "delete [string] from list" script? Don't suggest it- look here first!
AnimeLoverRocks
New to Scratch
2 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Username: AnimeLoverRocks

Why I chose that Username: I chose it because it's true, people who love anime rocks! Hehe!

Hobbies: I love listening/watching anime, listening to music, watching movies, socializing, YouTube, comedy, sports (specific), computers etc.

What I look forward to in Scratch: I am looking forward to making more projects and other stuff which I don't know why I can't put it in words…

AnimeLoverRocks
artysmarty83
New to Scratch
1 post

Introduce Yourself Here!

Username:artysmarty83
Why I chose that Username: because I love art
Hobbies:art
What I look forward to on scratch: creating games

im just getting the hang of this so please help
blizard911_steve
Scratcher
3 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Username:blizard911_steve
Why I chose that Username: Long story short-Cuz
Hobbies: Scratch is becoming my new favorite hobby.
What I look forward to on scratch: I made this box vs circle game and I hope to get it as featured on home page, it is simple, but EPIC.
KrzyEm
New to Scratch
1 post

Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi everyone
Username:KrzyEm
Hobbies: music
What I look forward to on scratch: Fun for me and my daughter, learning something new

dracae
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome to Scratch!

shanester007
New to Scratch
4 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi everyone my name is shanester007,
I've got I to scratch with my RPi to help my kids learn about the fun of programming (although I'm pretty excited about it all at the moment)
I'm also running it on my desktop for ease of access ( and am looking to SSH with my RPi ) and breakout into hardware (I'm a total noob at this but avidly devouring info about it)
I have also just discovered Linux and saved a “nearly in the bin” netbook that was deadly slow with windows by imaging Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Unfortunately I can't run Scratch on this Ubuntu machine- I get a black screen (despite enabling back ports). Where can I go to ask about this (which forum)?

Thanks for having me (and sorry to begin with a question!)

Shane
shanester007
New to Scratch
4 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Soz here's the proper format
Username: shanester007
Why I chose that username : because shanester was taken! It was my football and clubbing name
Hobbies: Magic (mentalism), newly into electronics, not noticing posting formats
SSLegend99
Scratcher
50 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Username: SSLegend99
Why I chose that Username: I used to play Lego Universe before it got shut down and my name was Swift Spicy Legend on there, so I shortened it and it became SSLegend as a reminder of my favorite game.
Hobbies: Coding, programming, swimming, and don't forget Video games! XD
What I look forward to on scratch: Creating great programs and meeting the awesome community!

Who needs a signature. Pfff
butterface123
Scratcher
80 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Username: Butterface123
Why I chose it: To be funny and for the heck of it.
Hobbies: Rpg video games, potty humor, and EATING TRUCKLOADS OF FAT!!! Lol just kidding.
What I look forward to on Scratch: Things to help me if I get in the video game industry. Also testing other people's projects, and WAITING FOR THE STUPID LOADING SCREENS TO END!!!
butterface123
Scratcher
80 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

I ALSO WANT SOMEONE TO PUT A COMMENT IN MY PROJECTS TO KNOW HOW TO IMPROVE IN THE FUTURE!!!
Redsox_5803
Scratcher
20 posts

Introduce Yourself Here!

Username: Redsox_5803
Hobbies: Scratching, making Scratch Mail, commenting.
What I enjoy on Scratch: Having fun, creating projects, checking the forums.
Have fun, everybody! Good luck, new Scratchers!

No.
kirbyworldlaw14
New to Scratch
1 post

Introduce Yourself Here!

i love scratch