Discuss Scratch

Eclipsee_barry
Scratcher
54 posts

Embers in the Snow ✦ a story

DipsydoodlesOfficail wrote:

Eclipsee_barry wrote:

UwU hewwo
i'm sorta bored yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
hello. welcome to Jupiter The EtiS fandom.
wutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt hmmmmmmmmmm merry yeetmas MERRY X-MAS happy new year ÙwÚ
starrii_sprinkIes
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ofc,, happy holidays and merry Christmas <33 only one week left of 2020!! Thanks for EitS Crow <3

hihi i'm brooklyn! a tay, one direction, and olivia stan ✨✨✨✨

LET MANAGERS MANAGE STUDIOS!! we want our scratch back </3
DipsydoodlesOfficail
Scratcher
500+ posts

Merry Christmas guys! we saved Aerith just in time so he could spend christmas wItHoUt a loved one because his wife is ded >:C but seriously that poor child. GIVE HIM PRESENTS NOW

——————————————
✰ My Stories ✰

✰ Young Hearts ✰ https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/486913/?page=1#post-4911933
✰ The Demonly Side~ ✰ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/498705892/

✰ “A sword wield no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.”
-Hero's Shade, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ✰
metanoiaaa
Scratcher
100+ posts

SaiIAway wrote:

starrii_sprinkIes wrote:

SaiIAway wrote:

ive always like faarity and aerity but i was just sad that everyone was being rude to aerith just because he's a possible love interest ;;; actually i had the faarity hashtag on my profile and like,, in the description of the official studio i put that anyone who ships faaris and verity are cool B)

That's a solid point- I think because faarity is cuter and they obviously like each other more of us lean towards that, while aerith *cough* didn't care *cough* about his future wife bein ded-
yeah yeah im totally fine with yall shipping faarity but if you’re gonna hate aerith just because he might ruin the ship ;; that makes me sad
Definitely, like there has to be a VALID reason to hate aerith, and I feel like we’re sorta taking it a bit too far like aerith is crows baby too ykkk

nini <3 co-leading fan-fic march 2024 !
metanoiaaa
Scratcher
100+ posts

SaiIAway wrote:

ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE / HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN SO SUPPORTIVE AND INVOLVED IN EITS LEMME JUST SAY I LOVE YALL SO MUCH OMMHMGMGOMH WITHOUT YOU GUYS I WOULD NEVER BE THIS FAR OR MOTIVATED AND IT'S JUST,, ACK ILY <33 probably shouldn't have written that in all caps but im too excited ekeke
MERRY CHRISTMAS / HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO U TOO AND ILY TOO BAE MUAH

nini <3 co-leading fan-fic march 2024 !
SaiIAway
Scratcher
100+ posts

━━━━━━━━━━━━━.⋅ ✦ ⋅.━━━━━━━━━━━━━

chapter 9 | part 2 - clandestine

wintertime
(two years and three months since Lilith's murder)

The grave was frozen over with the icy air that lingered sharply each time I took in a breath. Winter had arrived sooner than I had predicted, but so had my father’s death. Every time I came back to his grave, a surge of guilt filled my chest.

Kengi had been the one to find Father’s body, laying in his chambers so peacefully that my brother had tried to shake him awake at first. That was the day I had been told to wake him, but I had been so angry that I sent my brother instead.

I should have found the body.

The thought was like a stone in my throat, and I struggled to breathe against the chilling air. There were those unspoken words lingering in my chest as I looked toward the frozen soil at my feet. I wanted to apologize, to tell him that I could have done better as a daughter, but now he was gone.

He had died the day after a furious argument between the two of us at the dinner table, being the third quarrel we’d had in the past few months. He had yet again insulted my choice of courting Faaris, worried once more that the guard would soon propose to me. Father despised him, always claiming that it was his fault Lilith was dead. He would pester me again and again that Faaris should have guarded Lilith’s door that night instead of lingering in front of my bedroom in such an uncivil manner. I had planned to apologize for my yelling at him, but I’d forgotten.

And now he was dead.

I wasn’t sure what to do, or what to think even. What was one supposed to think when their father was lying cold in a casket?

Through the chill of my thoughts, I felt arms suddenly envelop me, and I would have been startled if I did not already recognize Faaris’ dark callused hands take my waist.

“It’s your birthday in a few days,” he said as he brought his head to my shoulder. “The late Emperor wouldn’t want you to be mourning at his grave.”

I let out a sigh before leaning back against Faaris. “It’s been weeks, but I still can’t leave the guilt behind. I wish I had been better.”

“Why not be better now, then? Isn’t that what he would want of you?”

“Do you not think it’s too late?” I clutched his hand, turning my head to meet his eyes. Our breaths lingered so near, and despite the two years of being around him, I still found myself flustered.

He let out a laugh and shook his head before pulling back from me with his hands falling away at the black fabric of my dress. “Come on, I have something to show you.”

“What could you possibly surprise me with this time?” I said almost exasperatedly as I turned on my heel to face him, although I was sure I knew what he was doing. More often now, Faaris would take me away from the castle, away from the grave of my father, off to the secluded areas we had claimed together. Although his job as a guard kept him away from me, there were always rare times like this when he could take my hand and distract me from the grief I was beginning to experience daily.

This time, however, he held a piece of fabric in his hands. “You remember when we first met?” he asked, avoiding my question so obviously.

“How could I forget?” I deadpanned as I folded my arms.

“When we danced in the courtyard,” he continued with a crooked smile, dimples showing through his dark skin, “even though you went there to clear your thoughts.”

I felt a small tug of longing pinch at my throat. Who knew that would be the last time things would be normal? It pained me to think I had been flirting and drinking while Lilith lay dead in her sheets and Perdita was at home coughing up her own blood.

I gave a nod to answer Faaris, and he pulled the fabric across my eyes. “Think about that instead.”

.⋅ ✦ ⋅.

When he removed the makeshift blindfold in such a flourish, I found myself standing before the large apple tree from the week after I had returned from the Western Kingdom. Had it really been that long ago? It felt like ages had passed since that day.

“Remember when we first ran into each other here?” He asked, hands falling from the blindfold to my shoulders as he stood behind me. I glanced up at the ropes of the swing that tied around one of the lower tree branches, feeling a wave of nostalgia rush over me.

“I do. That was the day you almost got in trouble for abandoning your post.” I touched the wooden surface of the seat. “Just to come find me when you heard the news about Perdita.”

My breath felt shaky against my lips, and I pressed a hand to my chest. I had stumbled upon this tree outside the castle walls when I had run from the dinner table that evening. Perdita had collapsed into a coughing fit, and so when the maids came to take her to her room I had broken away into a breathless sprint. It was as if I could not bear to see that pained expression once more, or the blood splattering onto her hands.

This large apple tree was where my feet had taken me. I had not even known it was here before I was already collapsing against the heavy trunk in a racking sob. And then Faaris was there when the moon peeked through the leaves, standing far away as if he were scared to acknowledge me as I cried. We hadn’t said a word to each other, and to my relief, he didn’t ask any questions. There was no pity, no worry. Only his presence.

I was not allowed to stay near her room, for my parent’s fear that rumors would start about the princess’s sister slowly poisoning her. They moved my quarters the next day to the far side of the castle, away from Kengi and Perdita.

“There were good memories here as well,” Faaris broke the silence, and I heard him move to the side of me, touching my hand that rested against the crooked swing.

“I just can’t help but feel as if my thoughts will only search for something negative. I could be reminded of anything, but instead, I find myself focused on Perdita and Father time and time again.”

“They are your family; you shouldn’t feel shame in caring for them.”

I shook my head, dragging my hand away from his. “But I failed them both, and I continue to fail myself. My studies have completely stopped—nothing ever sticks any longer. I read volumes and still I can’t pull myself together.” With a shuddering breath, I turned quickly to look up at Faaris. “And I’ve failed you. How much effort—how much time do you put into meeting with me just to listen to me cry over and over?”

He caught my jaw in such a swift move that the rest of my words immediately stopped at my lips.

“Verity.” His expression was almost angry, a look that I rarely saw against his features. “Promise me you will not talk bad about yourself like that again. Is your father dead because of you? Is your sister sick because of you?”

I shook my head quickly against his grip, dropping my eyes.

“Then don’t talk like that. You will find solid ground one day and be able to return to your studies. One day you will realize that blaming yourself will only cause you more grief.”

His hand fell from my face, and I staggered backward. “You make it sound so easy,” I replied stiffly. “But it isn’t. It really isn’t.”

“Then let us forget it for now. Is that not the reason I brought you here?”

What kind of answer was he looking for? Did he believe that a touch of romance could cause me to forget my problems? I wanted to feel angry, but I was too drained and tired to feel any emotion.

“Come on, Verity,” Faaris said, taking my hands again. “Look—I prepared us something special for today. You will be twenty-one soon, why don’t we celebrate that with a picnic?”

“Picnic?” I asked, looking up with a raise of my brow.

“Well, I wouldn’t just take you to this tree for no reason.” A smile crossed his features, and in a form of guilt, I attempted to smile back to make him feel better. He was risking his title for me, so how could it hurt to be a better companion to him as well?

“Are you going to blindfold me again?”

“Only if you wish for it.”

I shook my head with a small laugh. “I know the surprise now since you have told me already. There would be no point.”

“You’re no fun.” He released one of my hands but pulled me past the broken swing and low decaying branches of the tree, leading me toward the open field beyond. Rough soil tugged at my heels, and tall grass snagged at my dress, but I could care less. How nice it felt to be so far from the castle, away from those enclosed walls that my mother had trapped me behind for so long.

There was a white blanket there, lace prodding at the edges of the fabric as it settled itself under the shade of the cloudy sky. It was a chilly day despite my layers of clothing, and when I stepped onto the blanket in a rustle of grass, I felt the heavy weight of Faaris’s suit coat fall over my shoulders. At first, I opened my mouth in protest, but then stopped myself when I realized how rude it would be for me to reject a gentlemanly move such as this.

“You know,” I began when both of us sank to the confines of the cold earth, my legs pulled under me, “I have never prepared a date for you because I never know your schedule. How busy are you exactly, as a guard?”

He reached to the side for the woven basket, setting it between us before responding. “Extremely busy. It was hard enough asking for a spare hour just to meet with you. Although my nights are usually clear, I always find myself so drained from the day’s work that it’s nearly impossible to see you then.”

“Does that mean the times you visited me after the moonrise…you sacrificed your sleep for me?” I asked in exasperated awe. My hands clasped the folds of his black jacket, tugging it closer around me. “Are you that stricken with me?”

It was only supposed to be a joke, but Faaris paused with a covered platter in his hands, looking up at me. “Of course, I am,” he said sweetly before returning to the food. I felt a fluster of heat rise to my face, but I turned my head stubbornly to look out at the overgrown field.

“You act like you’re my butler,” I finally said with a huff before taking a tray of bread from his hands. “At least let me help.”

Faaris grinned from my peripheral view, fingers brushing away from mine as he reached back to the basket. “I wouldn’t mind being your butler,” he said so nonchalantly that for a moment it seemed like he was talking to himself. “That would at least mean I could see you more.”

I gave a scoff, throwing my serviette at his face. “Then maybe I will have to convince Mother to let me hire one,” I said with a roll of my eyes as he sniggered under the white cloth.

“She would never agree to it if she found out you’d be hiring me,” Faaris responded behind his soft laughs.

“Exactly.” I held my hand out for my table napkin, tipping my head up in a dignified but mocking expression. But instead of placing the cloth into my outstretched hand, he took my palm and kissed it. In shock, I almost pulled my hand back, a nervous laugh escaping my lips.

“Mr. Marcellus, what has gotten into you today?” Of course, he usually kissed my hand as a goodbye, but he had never been this…touchy before.

“Me?” Faaris looked shocked, releasing my fingers and handing back the napkin. “Am I not allowed to hold your hand now?” Although I caught his joking tone, he still seemed a little more hesitant with his words.

I decided not to press the matter and took a cube of cheese from one of the platters. I could be having a much more delightful meal back at the castle with Kengi, but being with Faaris was the only thing that made this all the more worth it.

As I chewed down a slice of warm bread with dense butter spread across, I eyed Faaris as he sat there silently.

“You haven’t eaten anything yet. Are you planning to stuff me full before tossing me into a furnace?” I gestured to the empty plate before him, covering my satiated face with the napkin.

Faaris gave a quick laugh, quickly recovering from his hushed state. “No no, I just got distracted.”

“With what, may I ask?” I raised an eyebrow with a heavy swallow.

“Ah, well you see—” He reached back into his pocket, and I watched as he fumbled with something before shifting into a kneel. “Verity, I’m not sure if I’ll ever get another opportunity to ask this but I—”

“VERITY!”

I jumped to my feet at the sound of my younger brother’s voice, clutching at my dress as I stumbled upward.

His small figure was running through the field, shorts and suspenders visible despite the reckless chill that was climbing through the air. He wasn’t even wearing a coat.

“VERITY! HURRY!” I heard him call, and I stumbled forward.

“What is it Kengi?” I called back as he came nearer. Breathless and wide-eyed, he caught onto my sleeve and almost sent me flailing backward.
“It’s Mother! She’s just gotten a letter from the Western Empire! Please, come quick!”

I almost felt relieved when I realized the news wasn’t about Perdita’s condition, but I also knew what a royal letter could contain. There were many options as to what the Western Empire could be asking, but I felt dread flow through me. Nothing good could come out of this.

end of chapter 9

proofreader(s) for chapter nine: @seasiide

[if you find any errors (spelling mistakes/uneven paragraph splits/wrong punctuation use) please lmk]

Last edited by SaiIAway (Jan. 14, 2021 19:45:37)

EitS chapters (quick selection)

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
#moonbaes #cinnamonthicc #triangleman
honeyybunch
Scratcher
61 posts

he's too perfect, he must be stopped

~Akuji Manor Quick Links~
»»————- ♡ ————-««
|| All Of Book 1 || Book 2 Chapters 1+2 (I had to combine the two for a re-write ||
♡credit to @SaiIAway *stinky* but hers look far prettier.♡
Just_Another_Artist
Scratcher
500+ posts

This is AMAZING! HE WAS GONNA PROPOSE HE WAS GONNA PROPOSE HE WAS GONNA- :000

The one thing is maybe you should have added a comma below after “What is it”. Otherwise it’s just AAAAAH-
“What is it Kengi?” I called back as he came nearer. Breathless and wide-eyed, he caught onto my sleeve and almost sent me flailing backward.
“It’s Mother! She’s just gotten a letter from the Western Empire! Please, come quick!”

A Poet and a Poppy
SILENCE WILL FALL
~ < Shoot for the moon. If you fall back down, burn as bright as possible. Be the prettiest shooting star in the sky. > ~
Stariqe
Scratcher
100+ posts

FAARITY AAAA :000 I'll critique, if you don't mind? ^^ I don't really have any grammar suggestions, but just elaborate in general aa

>> “The grave was frozen over with the icy air that lingered sharply each time I took in a breath” – “The grave was frozen over with ice. I could feel the sharp chill each time I took in a breath.” (the grave being frozen over with icy air doesn't really make sense ehehe)
>> “Every time I came back to his grave, a surge of guilt filled my chest.” – “Each time I come back to the grave, an overwhelming sensation of guilt would surge in my chest.”
>> “Father despised him, always claiming that it was his fault Lilith was dead.” – “Father despised him, and would always claim that he was at fault for Lilith's death.”
>> “Although his job as a guard kept him away from me, there were always rare times like this when he could take my hand and distract me from the grief I was beginning to experience daily.” – “Although his job as a guard meant that he and I did not get to see each other very often, there were a few rare moments when he would take my hand away, and with it, the grief that tormented me every day.”
>> “I had stumbled upon this tree outside the castle walls when I had run from the dinner table that evening.” – “That evening, after I had run away from the dinner table, I had stumbled upon this tree, right outside the castle walls.”
>> “He caught my jaw in such a swift move that the rest of my words immediately stopped at my lips.” – “He caught my jaw. The movement was so swift and sudden that the rest of my words never made it past my lips.”
>> “How nice it felt to be so far from the castle, away from those enclosed walls that my mother had trapped me behind for so long.” – “How nice it felt to be so far from the castle! No longer enclosed within my mother's walls.”
>> “It was a chilly day despite my layers of clothing, and when I stepped onto the blanket in a rustle of grass, I felt the heavy weight of Faaris’s suit coat fall over my shoulders” – “It was a chilly day, and despite my many layers of clothing, I still felt the rush of cold. As I stepped onto the blanket in a rustle of grass, I felt the heavy weight of Faaris' suit fall over my shoulders.” (Faaris' not Faaris's - there's no second “s” aha)
>> “I jumped to my feet at the sound of my younger brother’s voice, clutching at my dress as I stumbled upward.” – “I jumped to my feet, a shaky movement. My fingers clutched at my dress as I stumbled upward, driven by the sound of my younger brother's voice.”

now the wind is high and the rain is heavy
the water's rising in the levee
still i think of her when the sun goes down
never goes away, but it all works out
Just_Another_Artist
Scratcher
500+ posts

Merry Christmas guys! we saved Aerith just in time so he could spend christmas wItHoUt a loved one because his wife is ded >:C but seriously that poor child. GIVE HIM PRESENTS NOW
I’m giving him a huge hug and a puppy, hbu?

A Poet and a Poppy
SILENCE WILL FALL
~ < Shoot for the moon. If you fall back down, burn as bright as possible. Be the prettiest shooting star in the sky. > ~
xX-Artemis-Xx
Scratcher
53 posts

Screeeeeeeeeeeee— that was awesome—

“Bob says hello,” he told the stars.

The Argo II sailed off into the night.

And fans everywhere sobbed
CosmicKiwi
Scratcher
19 posts

DUUDEEE THAT WAS THE BEST THING IVE READ ALL DAY OH MY GOSH

HE WAS GONNA PREPOSE
DipsydoodlesOfficail
Scratcher
500+ posts

Holy Cheez-it OMG I LEAVE FOR 1 DAY and the fandom explodes in a billion replies

Last edited by DipsydoodlesOfficail (Dec. 26, 2020 16:49:16)

——————————————
✰ My Stories ✰

✰ Young Hearts ✰ https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/486913/?page=1#post-4911933
✰ The Demonly Side~ ✰ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/498705892/

✰ “A sword wield no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.”
-Hero's Shade, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ✰
Peppermint_Pup
Scratcher
30 posts

Np! You clearly put a LOT of work into this! ^^
seasiide
Scratcher
500+ posts

ALKAELLAK OH MY-

I found some mistakes:

I felt a small tug of longing pinch at my throat. Who knew that would be the last time things would be normal? It pained me to think I had been flirting and drinking while Lilith lay dead in her sheets and Perdita was at the home coughing up her own blood.

In the sentence “Perdita was at the home coughing up her own blood,” “the” should be deleted. (Perdita was at home coughing up her own blood)

He reached to the side for the woven basket, setting it between us before responding. “Extremely busy. It was hard enough asking for a spare hour just to meet with you. Although my nights are usually clear, I always find myself so drained from the day’s work that it’s nearly impossible to see you then.”
“Does that mean the times you visited me after the moonrise…you sacrificed your sleep for me?” I asked in exasperated awe. My hands clasped the folds of his black jacket, tugging it closer around me. “Are you that stricken with me?”

the paragraphs should be separated.

that’s all I found. great chapter!

“I told you.
I don’t want to
join your super
secret boy band.”

jade ◇ she/her ◇ swcer ◇ script ftw
in love with too many fictional characters ✨

SaiIAway
Scratcher
100+ posts

seasiide wrote:

ALKAELLAK OH MY-

I found some mistakes:
oh tysm for catching that!! <3

EitS chapters (quick selection)

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
#moonbaes #cinnamonthicc #triangleman
cs2855837
Scratcher
97 posts

we're going on a trip, in our broken rocket-ship! little shippers, lalalala! we're ready to explore, and save our Aerith lalalalala, lalalala
That is the wisest thing of planet EitS, if you ask me.

Last edited by cs2855837 (Dec. 26, 2020 17:25:34)

Peach_Drawing
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just_Another_Artist wrote:

This is AMAZING! HE WAS GONNA PROPOSE HE WAS GONNA PROPOSE HE WAS GONNA- :000

HEWASGONNAPROPOSE! :0000000

Last edited by Peach_Drawing (Dec. 26, 2020 17:33:05)

「 Procrastinator - Exhausted - Awkward - Chaotic - Human - Inconsistently Social
(peachi - she/they(/xey) - artist, camp tropiland co-host, writer)
starrii_sprinkIes
Scratcher
100+ posts

AHHHHH CHAPTER NINE IS OUT AHHHHHH NOW I HAVE TO READ IT

hihi i'm brooklyn! a tay, one direction, and olivia stan ✨✨✨✨

LET MANAGERS MANAGE STUDIOS!! we want our scratch back </3
ShyArt
Scratcher
24 posts

Aaaaa, so goood! I loved it!