Discuss Scratch

CloveAndCato
Scratcher
33 posts

Camp Halfblood Q&A

Hey there halfbloods! As some of you might have seen as of 11-18-20, There's been a new update on the Camp Halfblood Studio! Our goal is to make it enjoyable for everyone, whether they're here to just make a bio and go, or here to make a bio and stay! I'm @SelenaBeauregard's alt account for those who don't already know. All of the forums I make are on this account, so I thought I might as well continue with that. Before you make your bio, you might want to read over these questions and answers, or maybe just read over them for fun! Please note that this is only for the Camp Halfblood Studio owned by me, and does not apply for any other studio.

———————

1.) What's the advantages of being a Counselor vs a Camper?
If accepting the invitation, counselors will be promoted to manager in their cabin. There, they can set up quests and challenges for their campers In the cabin. However, be warned that some people will make bios and not be active on the studio, so that's one of the downsides of being a counselor- your campers may not always have an active history on the studio. However, if you set up a quest in your cabin, the reward is up to you. Counselor OC's will also have their name in the main studio. It's also asked that counselors are active or have at least a 6/10 activity level or higher. If you are not active and counselor spots are being occupied quickly than your OC may be deleted or de-promoted to regular camper. (sorry)

2.) What's the advantages of being a Camper rather than a Counselor?
While Counselors have more responsibilities, campers you can chill and relax. If you're an active scratcher will 3 Counselor OC's (The max limit of Counselors), then it might be hard to juggle all of the responsibilities in 3 different studios. Campers don't have to worry about creating optional quests, and can be as active or inactive as they'd like.

3.) What are the ‘Quests?’
There are two types of quests:
  • In-Cabin Quests, which is self-explanatory and are something that counselors can set up for their campers. Rewards differ depending on counselors and cabins. These quests can either be performed throughout the Camp, or performed outside Camp Halfblood. Each Quest is different, and if you're interested, please talk to your counselor!
  • The second kind of quest is the Camp Quests. These will be made by another active scratcher who creates quests with 3 or more different active campers. More detail will be coming soon, and if you're interested in doing these “Cabin Quests,” go to the main studio (Labled on all cabins as Camp Halfblood Cabins 1-13: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25964409/ and comment the codeword “Quests”. If 10 people are interested, then it will be added as a part of the studio!

4.) What are the rewards for doing the challenges?
These have yet to be decided. It may be similar to SWC (Scratch Writing Camp) and their point system, and the cabin with the highest points will win something. These may be called Cabin Wars or Something Battle. More information on these will be added on later.

5.) What are some other Events that may occur?
Speaking of events, some other events might include Capture the Flag rounds (this might be a trimonthly event, or something that occurs for two weeks every once in a while) or Chariot Races (maybe a thing that happens in January-February and July-August?) Scavenger Hunts may occur as well where you have a list of clues and items that you have to find.

6.) How many OC's can you have?
The limit is 20, however, that is a lot of OC's to balance out, and they each have to be in different cabins, unless siblings. You can have UP to 20 Campers in total, or 17 regular campers and 3 Counselors. Again, that's a lot of OC's to juggle with, but if your'e up for the challenge, then go for it!

7.) Is there dailies and weeklies?
There won't be dailies, but there will be weekly challenges. Weekly challenges will be easier for those who aren't always active 24/7 or close to that, so they have a full 7 days to complete the challenge. Weeklies will probably be updated every Sunday EST between 12:00am and 12:00pm.

8.) Can I suggest a weekly?
While they are very helpful to have as backup, you might not always have your suggested weekly idea the following week, but yes, suggesting weeklies will be helpful. It may take a while for them to appear on the studio, so please take note of that. Spamming and requesting the same weeklies over and over will definitely not be considered. Be patient, it might take me or another manager to notice them.

9.) They have been mentioned a lot, but what exactly are Weekly Challenges?
Weekly Challenges (also known as Weeklies) are challenges that are changed out often. They might include writing, making a project, making a forum post, or maybe answering a question. It depends, and no two challenges will repeat themselves! Weeklies are usually always easy, so they don't take long. Each Cabin is on it's own and the campers must help his or her cabin gain points! By the end of the month, the cabin with the most points will get a prize. Cabins with at least 2 active counselors and at least 1 active camper are allowed to participate, but cabins that have less or don't have active campers aren't allowed to participate. If you're in multiple cabins, then your points go to both cabins! If you want your cabin to join the weekly challenges, all you need to do is encourage others to join your cabin and participate in weeklies! If your cabin isn't participating and you still want to join, you can do that. However, your points won't go to your cabin. Instead, it'll go to you individually and if you happen to have the most points, then you'll get a prize too, along with the monthly cabin winner! If you're in an active and participating cabin but have another OC in a non-participant cabin, then all points will go to your active cabin and none of your points will go to the individuals.

10.) How do I become a Manager?
Managing is closed for the Main Studio. Special requests to be manager will not be accepted. To be Manager of a CABIN, then you may create a MAX of 3 counselors in total. If you already have a counselor, then you can only do 2. If you've been around since the beginning when the studio was first created, or created a bio that was created before the recent update of the studio and your OC was originally a camper, but you'd like to be counselor of that cabin, then please comment on my profile (@@SelenaBeauregard, NOT this one) and your camper will be promoted, unless counselors of that cabin are filled.

11.) How often are the studios updated?

Main Cabin:
  • I consider myself a 8.5/10 activity level on Scratch, so bios will be accepted the same day or the following day. Though it may not show on the date of the studio that tells you when it was last modified, I check the studio often. Weeklies, hence the name, will be updated weekly on the same day of the week each time.
Individual Cabins:
  • While the main cabin will be likely be modified daily, the individual cabins will differ depending on the counselors and campers themselves. I will pop on occasionally to check in and add new campers. Though, depending on the cabin and the number of interested OC's, it can take months before you see the new modification date.

12.) I'm already manager of the main studio, what can I do on the Main studio?
Managers of the studio can accept bios and add them to the main studio if counselor. However, since my SelenaBeauregard account is the owner of the studios of Cabins 1-11 and I, CloveAndCato, are the owners of studios 12-20, adding new campers will have to be done on one of my accounts. Managers are also allowed to invite curators, remove disrespectful people, and advertising/unrelated projects. Managers are also allowed to make weeklies (as long as they are approved by me first) and add onto the future Cabin Competitions!

13.) What if I use my alt accounts to make more counselors or OC's in the same cabin?
Though it is possible, trying to make more counselors by using alt accounts, their bios will not be accepted. There is a way to know, even if you don't state it on your profile, any studios, or any projects.

14.) What can we do in the Cabins?
In the Cabins you can RP, chat, go on in-cabin quests created by your counselor, play with your powers, sleep, and maybe multi-cabin challenges!

15.) What are/How do we do multi-cabin challenges?
Multi-cabin challenges are challenges set up by two or more cabins that have been approved by at least one of the counselors. You can request to do these challenges on the other counselor's cabin or profile. Counselors, this is where you can do team-building and let you're imagination fly. The multi-cabin challenges are up to you!

16.) Is there any more planned updates?
The newest update was a major update, but the studio will be continuously updated. We might add separate hangout areas specifically for the cabins or even the buildings/landmarks of Camp Halfblood. (weapon shack, library for Cabin 6, lake, pool for Cabin 3, etc.)

17.) Any unanswered questions?
Just comment on my PJO account, or ask below! If you ask a question, then it will appear on this forum post! This should answer a lot of questions, but if anymore, just ask, and I'll try to get back to you ASAP!

I know that was A LOT of reading, but thank you for your time and reading through these Q&A for the newly updated studio. I'm excited for this update and hope you are too!

Important Links:
(Main Cabin) Camp Halfblood Cabins 1-13:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25964409/
Camp Halfblood Cabins 14-20: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25977147/
Camp Jupiter: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/27482892/
Big House: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/28328683/
CHB Quests: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/28342303/
CHB Weekly Challenges: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/28451268/

Credits:
SWC (Scratch Writing Camp) for the idea of adding separate cabins, the idea of weekly challenges, and the potential option of doing separate cabin-only areas. You guys should all really join it! It's super fun and is a tri-annually event that happens in March, July, and November! You get to chose your cabin, all named after different genres and styles of writings and compete for points! It helps you improve your writing skills and you can show off your stories. It's for both experienced and inexperienced writers of all ages, whether they're new to scratch or have been here for a while. Join it next session!
Rick Riordan
Camp Halfblood
Google Drawings, and emoticons/emojis (I used those to make the thumbnail for each Cabin)

Last edited by CloveAndCato (Jan. 4, 2021 01:22:59)

Percy_Jackson1205
Scratcher
10 posts

Camp Halfblood Q&A

Noice i play the violin tooo
dakr5056
Scratcher
5 posts

Camp Halfblood Q&A

thanks, this helped alot
HeroQueenWarrior
Scratcher
70 posts

Camp Halfblood Q&A

Hey when are you going to re-add the point system?

Adila, Fangirl, Gryffindor, District 13, Skywing-Sandwiing, Daughter of Jupiter and all-around fun-loving. :)
Join an awesome Scratch series! Looking for artists/animators/writers and cast members
CloveAndCato
Scratcher
33 posts

Camp Halfblood Q&A

HeroQueenWarrior wrote:

Hey when are you going to re-add the point system?
Probably not until after the new year