Discuss Scratch

GSqueezydaddy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Showdown Topic

read the chat XD https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1232614085

Hi! I'm GSqueezydaddy. I love Pokemon and dream of being the TCG WORLD CHAMPION!!! My favorite Pokemon is Umbreon. It's just so cute! I make graphic design. Ask me if you need anything made for you!
Check this out!

How Many Posts Do I Have?

Comment “SUPER UMBREON” on my profile!

Check out this video!
-Charon-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

martinat388 wrote:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1232606238 close match
Also is my OU team good?
obviously that guy's team wasn't that good lol

can I see the sets? export the team and paste it into a post

right off the bat - special >>> physical pult, shedinja is garbage, regidrago is outclassed by lots of stuff so i would recommend swapping it out - i wouldn't know with what without seeing the sets though

Last edited by -Charon- (Nov. 27, 2020 19:18:40)

GSqueezydaddy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1232617807

Hi! I'm GSqueezydaddy. I love Pokemon and dream of being the TCG WORLD CHAMPION!!! My favorite Pokemon is Umbreon. It's just so cute! I make graphic design. Ask me if you need anything made for you!
Check this out!

Check out this video!
GSqueezydaddy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1232619961

Check this out!

Check out this video!
-Charon-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GSqueezydaddy wrote:

please don't call people trash

martinat388
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Charon- wrote:

martinat388 wrote:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1232606238 close match
Also is my OU team good?
obviously that guy's team wasn't that good lol

can I see the sets? export the team and paste it into a post

right off the bat - special >>> physical pult, shedinja is garbage, regidrago is outclassed by lots of stuff so i would recommend swapping it out - i wouldn't know with what without seeing the sets though
The Shedinja there is for trolls lol
aaanyways for stats
Regizard (Regidrago) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dragon's Maw
EVs: 108 HP / 76 Def / 148 SpA / 76 SpD / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Energy
- Protect
- Dragon Pulse
- Ancient Power
Regioxys (Regieleki) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 80 HP / 104 Def / 196 SpA / 56 SpD / 72 Spe
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt
- Electroweb
Child launcher (Dragapult) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 92 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Def / 112 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
Why am I here (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Poltergeist
- Toxic
- X-Scissor
Hugger (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def / 64 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Protect
Many Meltan (Melmetal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 100 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Darkest Lariat
- Ice Punch
- Heavy Slam
Btw the reason why I went with the physical set on Dragapult is because it's physical attack is naturally higher

Hello! Please call me Martinat388 or 388. I don’t like being called Martinat.
The lore guy himself
This is one of the best animations I've seen on this website, and without a doubt the best episode of Glitch War so far
GSqueezydaddy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Charon- wrote:

GSqueezydaddy wrote:

please don't call people trash
umm ok?

Check this out!

Check out this video!
GSqueezydaddy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1232625837-4jjd32d701b7bjctr3jblsmlly3x1k1pw

Check this out!

Check out this video!
martinat388
Scratcher
1000+ posts

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1232632513 this is why you fear the many meltan and the child launcher

The lore guy himself
This is one of the best animations I've seen on this website, and without a doubt the best episode of Glitch War so far
martinat388
Scratcher
1000+ posts

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1232638041 me versus squeezydaddy

The lore guy himself
GSqueezydaddy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MY FIRST NAT DEX MONOTYPE WIN!!!! https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexmonotype-1232669058

Check this out!

Check out this video!
martinat388
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GSqueezydaddy wrote:

MY FIRST NAT DEX MONOTYPE WIN!!!! https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexmonotype-1232669058
Nice job!

The lore guy himself
martinat388
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Charon- wrote:

shedinja is garbage, regidrago is outclassed by lots of stuff
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1232665843 AHEM

Last edited by martinat388 (Nov. 27, 2020 21:02:47)

The lore guy himself
martinat388
Scratcher
1000+ posts

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1232678918 Inteleon finally asserted dominance

The lore guy himself
-Charon-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

martinat388 wrote:

Btw the reason why I went with the physical set on Dragapult is because it's physical attack is naturally higher
even with a higher physical attack, specs pult is much much better and can threaten many more of OU's top threats

REGIELEKI:
this appears to be a dual screen set - you don't need air balloon, go with Light Clay instead. This seems to be a hyper offensive team, so I'll turn it into a suicide lead set. Swap Electroweb with Explosion.

REGIDRAGO:
i mean if you really want to keep it you can. regidrago's good bulk allows it to let free a powerful dragon energy. however, it's kind of a momentum sink due to how bulky it is, especially on a hyper offense team like this one. it WOULD be great as a pivot, but it can't learn flip turn/u turn/volt switch. this team's in need of a pivot, though, so try one of the following:

lemme know which one you want to use and i'll give you a set (don't use dragapult or ditto or urshifu tho, ditto is bad and urshifu and dragapult have better roles)

DRAGAPULT:
Like I said, run Specs with Draco Meteor/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Shadow Ball. Makes quick work of pex, lando-t, corviknight, melmetal (without much hp investment), and other stuff your team would otherwise struggle with. Good wallbreaker.
It is IMPERATIVE that this is a special dragapult, because this team is threatened by SO MUCH MORE if you use a physical dragapult

SHEDINJA:
if you really need a ghost-type spectrier is the way to go. it's a spectacular mon thanks to a combination of high speed, high SpA, and Grim Neigh. you can run two sets with it - an sub-NP set (which works well as a sweeper) or a scarf set (which works well as a cleaner).

DRAGONITE:
dragonite is a cool (albeit very slow) sweeper that you can use. provided you didn't opt for subNP on spectrier, you can use it as a Dragon Dance sweeper. use the set boots + Dragon Dance/Dual Wingbeat/Earthquake/Extreme Speed. If you're not using it as a sweeper, don't use it at all

MELMETAL:
this is a very good wallbreaker that breaks through things like clefable. only thing i'd add is earthquake to deal with heatran and opposing melmetal (swap with heavy slam). consider superpower if you are still having trouble with stuff like ferrothorn. also band it

check here for stuff you need to watch out for

i am very, VERY afraid of Spectrier, so I would very, VERY much recommend either Bisharp or Urshifu-Single-Strike. Bisharp is an amazing sweeper and a good alternative to Dragonite. Urshifu is a wallbreaker that can substitute for Melmetal or Dragapult. If you want to use Urshifu, Scarf Dragapult and band Urshifu. That will let Pult serve as a cleaner instead of Spectrier.

anyways that's my take, sorry for making you read all this. my advice may turn out to be terrible and if that happens i am so sorry

Last edited by -Charon- (Nov. 27, 2020 21:43:00)

martinat388
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Charon- wrote:

REGIDRAGO:
i mean if you really want to keep it you can. regidrago's good bulk allows it to let free a powerful dragon energy. however, it's kind of a momentum sink due to how bulky it is, especially on a hyper offense team like this one. it WOULD be great as a pivot, but it can't learn flip turn/u turn/volt switch. this team's in need of a pivot, though, so try one of the following:

lemme know which one you want to use and i'll give you a set (don't use dragapult or ditto or urshifu tho, ditto is bad and urshifu and dragapult have better roles)
Choice specs Regidrago is VERY good, it doesn't even need to be max health to do MASSIVE damage.

-Charon- wrote:

DRAGAPULT:
Like I said, run Specs with Draco Meteor/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Shadow Ball. Makes quick work of pex, lando-t, corviknight, melmetal (without much hp investment), and other stuff your team would otherwise struggle with. Good wallbreaker.
It is IMPERATIVE that this is a special dragapult, because this team is threatened by SO MUCH MORE if you use a physical dragapult
That's what I have Melmetal for.

-Charon- wrote:

SHEDINJA:
if you really need a ghost-type spectrier is the way to go. it's a spectacular mon thanks to a combination of high speed, high SpA, and Grim Neigh. you can run two sets with it - an sub-NP set (which works well as a sweeper) or a scarf set (which works well as a cleaner).

The whole point of Shedinja is to A. Toxic stall and B. Trick people who think they can one shot it only for it to have a focus sash.
Oh and people have forfeit BECAUSE of the Shedinja, so I'll keep it.
But I my make changes based off of your ideas.

Last edited by martinat388 (Nov. 27, 2020 21:47:43)

The lore guy himself
-Charon-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

martinat388 wrote:

Most HO teams have two wallbreakers

martinat388
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Charon- wrote:

martinat388 wrote:

Most HO teams have two wallbreakers
True
I Will change my Dragonite tho

The lore guy himself
dual_creator43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It's a good thing this topic is here; the main one was starting to get clogged and Pokémon Showdown is probably big enough to have its own topic. I've never played Showdown until a few days ago, so expect to hear about some really unlucky moments like when I had a Chansey whose only damaging move was Toxic. (It had Seismic Toss but I was against a Ghost-type. It was also my last Pokémon.) On the other hand, I've played some close battles like this one. (I'm BlueNature.) That battle would have gone very differently if I was able to use Pain Split on turn 18.

I'm dual_creator43, and I hope I've done well with anything. (Projects, forum replies, etc.) My Scratch habits include:
  • checking my inbox
  • being active in the forums
  • working on my projects (sometimes)
Check out more about me by clicking here or here. Happy Scratching!

My most famous quote: “Nothing good ever comes from posting near the end of a page.”
This is probably the best post anyone has ever made for me.
Don't you hate it when your signature isn't big enough to show everything you put in it?

But I guess it doesn't matter since you're (probably) using Shift+↓.
Bluebatstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi! Could anybody give me feedback on my Monotype team:

Scolipede @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Volcarona @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain

Galvantula @ Bright Powder
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Bug Buzz

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Aqua Jet
- First Impression
- Endeavor
- Spikes

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch

The Golisopod's the one I'm most concerned about- I keep on changing it's sets and I don't know what's good on it.

Last edited by Bluebatstar (Nov. 28, 2020 12:37:44)