Discuss Scratch

AubarinoEmpire
Scratcher
18 posts

Size Limitations for Projects

TheHockeyist wrote:

DIY wrote:

What about the others – what do you guys all think?

Warning you should be the best way to go. I never use the offline editor, though. How about these three suggestions?

*Box with red header*
WARNING:
This project exceeds the 50 MB limit. Should I save your project anyway?
Yes No

*Box with red header*
WARNING:
You are trying to upload a large project (>50 MB) to Scratch. Proceed?
Yes No

*Box with red header*
WARNING:
You have uploaded a large project (>50 MB) to Scratch. Should I inform the ST?
Yes No

full support. but why not just have it so its like

*Box with red header*
WARNING:
You are trying to upload a large project (>50 MB) to Scratch. This Cant Be Done For The Limits Of The Scratch Servers. Would You Like To Save It To Your Computer? Yes No.

if no then it would let you keep editing it.

*Box with red header*
WARNING:
You Have Made A Project That Is Bigger Then 50MB. Would You Like To Keep Making This Project But Bigger Then 50MB?
Yes No

if no then it creates a new project
if yes then this popup does not come back and you can make a project without limits and when you want you can get a converter and convert it to a exe via another app and then upload it to somthing like game jolt. ( like i want to do. )

or you can play it with just yourself on that computer offline.

please change it to be like this. i need the limit to be removed or i need to find a hacked version of scratch or somthing. i am making a game that will be on game jolt and i need to keep making it!
Tracy98
Scratcher
5 posts

Pls make ∞MB!
Tracy98
Scratcher
5 posts

Tracy98 wrote:

Pls make ∞MB!
Just joking! Maybe around 90-100MB would be nice!
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tracy98 wrote:

Pls make ∞MB!
They wouldn't do that, because that would cost them ∞$ (and it is impossible anyway, because there aren't ∞ atoms in the universe).

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
BlueStarPort
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support. You should be able to create large projects for home use, because it won't take up server space!
TopicBumper
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Bump. Not sure how this applies in the future as I think the offline editor disregards the size limit, but I also think it doesn't let you save. Not sure.