Discuss Scratch

wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Eternal Falls~ Scripts and Planning

We can work on the script

most recent cover: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/573030179
Tuck Everlasting, Hadestown, Bonnie and Clyde, Bandstand, Beetlejuice, Heathers, Keeper of the lost cities, Newsies, Be More Chill, somehow all of modern broadway
you can pry bisexual jack kelly from my cold dead hands
Dingus_4_Hire
Scratcher
100+ posts

so, what’s the plot of this thing again? is this the one where the cave happens or am i totally lost
wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The cave is ep 2. Here is the outline:
1. Exposition
2. Town hall, see the corrupt government, siblings missing
3. CAVES
Annnd I have nothing past that xD

Tuck Everlasting, Hadestown, Bonnie and Clyde, Bandstand, Beetlejuice, Heathers, Keeper of the lost cities, Newsies, Be More Chill, somehow all of modern broadway
wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump this is why I might cancel lack of intresttttttttt but the fourm shallnt die on meeeee

Dingus_4_Hire
Scratcher
100+ posts

sorry i missed this, but there’s no lack of interest here my friend

aaanyways, is the episode you put out a script for final? what is saying is basically are we writing episode one or episode two
wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We are writing ep 1.

What I have put out RN is what I had for the VAs so far. Also, how much animation scratch can hold without me breaking the 60M user site

Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well two questions- is this going to be in bitmap or vector, and what can we do to save assets?

Also, How do you imagine the city and their clothes so I cam draw up some concepts- I know we're in the future, but I want the background to look good with the characters (same goes for the caves). I know Maria's color is pink, but what about everyone else?
wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Vector. This is vector anime.

Everyone's colors are:
Maria- pink
Mila- Blue
Wyatt- red
Wisteria- purple
Lora- black

Dingus_4_Hire
Scratcher
100+ posts

soo just popping in, in episode one, kiki, what other plot beats do you want to hit? character dynamics to develop, extra scenes? how long do you want this to be??
wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Around 10 minutes, I want it to balanced of Marvel-Level action and Girl Meets World Level Slice-Of-Life

Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are you sure we can hit the ten minute mark? colour divide's third episode was 15 minutes and it took about a year to complete (to my knowledge)
Dingus_4_Hire
Scratcher
100+ posts

yeah ok so if you want me to get writing then i need to know what happens after they’re all in the same place (ie the end of what you wrote) what wacky things come next? some explanation of the world maybe??? i’m not sure, pray tell
wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sam: Yes I'm sure. What I have for the script so far is only two minutes.

Dingus: What happens after is that Lora texts her sister that she ran out of toothpaste, so she is running out to get some.

Then Ciana realizes there is a full tube.

Lora then confesses she was going to her friends.

Ciana says she can stay with her friends.

Then the attack happens..
Cliffhanger?

Sam: Asdfghhjkl; love it!!!

Dingus_4_Hire
Scratcher
100+ posts

alright cool cool i follow, i’ll ponder on how to write that
Dingus_4_Hire
Scratcher
100+ posts

alright, how’s this for an to-the-end burst? i didn’t really follow on the toothpaste thing since lora is already there,, so i played with it a little. also, note that i’m making the assumption that maria-wisteria-mila-lora know each other, but wisteria is somehow unfamiliar with wyatt?? it’s a bit contrived but uh yeah, let me know if there are pre-show combinations i didn't know about. OH! i had this idea of, cause it is an experiment, there’s a sort of dome around the city? it’s really just so we can get the “oh shoot they’re here” effect but, yeah. enjoy, hopefully!

fade in from the theme song to show the squad, all present, sitting together.

MARIA: Wait, wait, let me get this straight. Through some trick of fate, you ALL ended up needing to be at my house?

WISTERIA: Oh, I guess so! What with the babysitting and the friendship, and me running into this… guy, at the store…

MARIA: Ah, that’s just Wyatt. Wyatt, this is Wisteria. If she doesn’t scare you, like everything, I think you guys’ll be friends.

WYATT: Hey, now! I am NOT scared of everything!

LORA : Boo.

WYATT: AH! You can’t sneak up on me like that!

MILA: She was literally sitting right next to you?

General clamor as WYATT is incredulous and everyone laughs. While this unfolds, LORA is interrupted by a buzzing in her pocket. She pulls it out, and we see a text window.

CIANA: Alright, sis, where’d you go? I look away for one second, and you’re gone.

LORA: Oh, we were out of toothpaste. I went to grab some more.

CIANA: Oh, alright. Just… please, let me know next time, okay?

LORA: Will do. Love you!

CIANA: Love you too.

At this point, we’re now focused on CIANA. She sets her phone down and sighs, waking into the bathroom for no apparent reason. We follow her hand as it moves around the counter, stopping at a full tube of toothpaste. Her eyes narrow, and she yells (to nobody in particular.).

CIANA: LORA!

back in maria’s house

WISTERIA: So, with introductions complete, what are we planning to do?

MARIA: Hmm. Well right now, I think I could do for some popcorn. Anybody else?

Focus in on MILA. She again gets a black-and-white flash.

MILA: Don’t use the Theatre Brand, it’ll burn. Consequently, the smell will make Wyatt pass out.

MARIA: Jeez. Butter-Pop it is, then.

before she gets the chance to leave, JORA’s phone starts ringing. she stands to answer.

JORA: Shh. Everybody, quiet! I’m getting a call. Mmm-hello!

CIANA: JORA!

JORA: Oh no.

CIANA: Out of toothpaste, huh? What’s the truth, sis?

JORA: Alright, fine. Ciana, I’m at my friend’s house. We decided to meet up.

CIANA: Why didn’t you tell me? Why- (sigh) I’m sorry. Jora, you’re not a kid anymore, and I have to stop being this overprotective sister. Go ahead and stay with your friends.

JORA: Wow. Didn’t know you had it in you, sis.

CIANA: Ha, ha. Don’t make me take it back. Have fun!

CIANA hangs up, sighing.

CIANA: She’ll be okay. What’s the worst that could happen?

the worst proceeds to happen. WISTERIA gets up and stretches, stepping to the window. Her eyes widen as she notices… a crack is growing in the sky.

WISTERIA: Hey. Um, not to scare you guys, but… the sky is breaking.

MILA: Seriously? Like, Chicken Little style?

WISTERIA: I’m serious! Look!

everyone gathers around the window, where we can see that yes, there is in fact a growing crack in the sky.

JORA: Oh, I’ve gotta check this out.

people start dashing out.

WYATT: So, are any of us NOT going to go out where the actual sky is actually breaking? No? Alright, cool.

cut forwards as a shot behind our heroes shows them standing in front of the crack. as thuds come, it grows in length, and glitches start showing up on the “sky.” MARIA gets into a fighting stance, as the sky freaking SHATTERS. there is now a hole in the sky, and, following a rope that is thrown down, three people with ornate, green-eyed masks slide down. one of them points to our heroes.

MASKED PERSON: Jamie, look.

zoom in on the masked person for a final climactic shot

MASKED PERSON: These must be some of the experiments.

ok so yeah let me know what you think. oh, by the way, this might not be long enough. whoops, i’m sure we can extend if need be. there might also be an obvious focus on the sister if she doesn’t end up being relevant, so either i can shave this down, or maybe later she could end up being really cool and leading some sort of resistance/knowledge-spreaders within the “new york city”. yeah let me know any concerns
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I like it i like it

Other than getting all the siblings back, are there any other subplots we wanna focus on?
wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Asdfghhjkl; LOVE IT. Yes I love how Mila is into 2000 year old movies, and THIS IS PERFECTTT

wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The script is around 3 minutes, not including all the cooo shots, it's right around 5 minutes!!

Maybe Wyatt can say the sky is breaking, then wisteria can keep the line of seriously, look!

Last edited by wolfquescostumes (Nov. 17, 2020 13:56:57)

wolfquescostumes
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well the caves will have 4)
1. Them trusting to escape
2. Lora and Wisteria bickering
3. Maria relentlessly teasing Wyatt, since Mila put them together to explore the cave
4. For the first time, we actually see Mila control her power.