Discuss Scratch

ModShare
Scratcher
2 posts

Mod Share IV

Mod Share is a great place to share your projects made in Scratch modifications. It also features a Scratch-verified user system, comments, forums, love-its, favorites, and much more!

Now that Scratch 2.0 is released, we have a new registration verification system! Check out all of these features at modshare.org!
botcrusher
Scratcher
500+ posts

Mod Share IV

just curious but is the modshare “user” jvvg or LS97 ?
anyways,
Anyone who uses a scratch mod should use this website, it is great at what it does and when you ask for help you get a quick and speedy response!

Pondering what to work on.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

botcrusher wrote:

It's both of us. However, it's most often me.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Check out my latest project, a JSON parser in Scratch
botcrusher
Scratcher
500+ posts

Mod Share IV

jvvg wrote:

botcrusher wrote:

It's both of us. However, it's most often me.

Ah alright,
Yet again jvvg has demonstrated a speedy response!

Pondering what to work on.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

Important announcement: we are ending non-critical support on Mod Share.
This means that we are not going to implement new features unless the functionality of the site depends on it, and we are no longer accepting new mod submissions.

Due to our financial situation, we are also unfortunately unable to pay for our domain after October 2014, so at that point the website will be moved to http://modshare.futuresight.org, and will most likely be made a read-only archive. If you have some spare cash, please consider donating it to us so that we can keep our domain name.

See this announcement for details.

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

Another important announcement:
Since the Scratch 2.0 source code has been released, mods are now possible again. Once a few mods exist, we will consider allowing them on Mod Share. This would entail bringing the archived parts of the website back up. However, the domain name will stay at modshare.futuresight.org.

If anyone has some extra cash, please donate it so we can keep the domain name.

If you have written a Scratch 2 mod, please post it here.

Last edited by jvvg (May 18, 2014 14:06:14)

powerpoint56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

Does this mean 1.4 mods like Dream or Explore will be accepted now, or is it just limited to 2.0?

Explore, my Scratch mod | Car Crash | My projects | (image by @MicroMacro)
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

powerpoint56 wrote:

Does this mean 1.4 mods like Dream or Explore will be accepted now, or is it just limited to 2.0?
The website is still in a critical maintenance only state (meaning we will only fix major security glitches), so for now we aren't accepting any 1.4 mods. However, once there are some Scratch 2.0 mods available and we resume active development, we will accept 1.4 mods.

powerpoint56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

jvvg wrote:

powerpoint56 wrote:

The website is still in a critical maintenance only state (meaning we will only fix major security glitches), so for now we aren't accepting any 1.4 mods. However, once there are some Scratch 2.0 mods available and we resume active development, we will accept 1.4 mods.
Ok

Explore, my Scratch mod | Car Crash | My projects | (image by @MicroMacro)
Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

Yay! Thankyou thankyou thankyou! I am going to see about giving you $$ so that the site can continue to function!

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

Blueinkproductions wrote:

Yay! Thankyou thankyou thankyou! I am going to see about giving you $$ so that the site can continue to function!
If you actually could, that would be awesome. To keep modshare.org, we need to receive about $20 by October.

djdolphin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

It'll be really hard to be refused for being too similar to other 2.0 mods.

!
GP1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Mod Share IV

jvvg wrote:

If you actually could, that would be awesome. To keep modshare.org, we need to receive about $20 by October.
How long do you keep the domain after renewing it?

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

GP1 wrote:

jvvg wrote:

How long do you keep the domain after renewing it?
One year.

Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

jvvg wrote:

I'll see what I can do

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
frodewin
Scratcher
500+ posts

Mod Share IV

Just visited modshare, looks very interesting. I tried to upload a Scratch program, but it failed, saying “invalid file extension”. Changing the file type from .sb2 to .sb made it work, but the player had some scaling issues with the sprite sizes then. Furthermore perfomance was much slower than with the current Scratch player. Which Scratch player is used there?

This was the uploaded project
and this is how should look like on Scratch.

Anyway, i understand that it is not for Scratch projects but for projects made with mods.
I also tried uploading a Snap! project, but it also did not accept the file extension.

I really like the modshare idea! Hope it get more attention in the future!

You can also find my best projects here or stop at my profile and say hi!
TheLunarMan
New to Scratch
13 posts

Mod Share IV

frodewin wrote:

Just visited modshare, looks very interesting. I tried to upload a Scratch program, but it failed, saying “invalid file extension”. Changing the file type from .sb2 to .sb made it work, but the player had some scaling issues with the sprite sizes then. Furthermore perfomance was much slower than with the current Scratch player. Which Scratch player is used there?

Anyway, i understand that it is not for Scratch projects but for projects made with mods.
I also tried uploading a Snap! project, but it also did not accept the file extension.

Please dont necropost
WooHooBoy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

TheLunarMan wrote:

frodewin wrote:

Please dont necropost
Actually, he did add something to the topic…

considered harmful
TheLunarMan
New to Scratch
13 posts

Mod Share IV

I still wouldn't encourage it.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mod Share IV

frodewin wrote:

Mod Share hasn't actually received any significant updates in a long time, since modding Scratch 2.0 is a lot more difficult and therefore uncommon. The reason that the player doesn't work fully is that we use an old version, and since the website isn't actively supported at this point, I haven't updated it.