Discuss Scratch

bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

frodewin wrote:

Are there any news on the social-media site?
Yes, sadly, we need another round of back end development, it turns out. So, it's still going to happen, but probably not until the fall some time.

Some other time constraints: Jens is almost ready with a complete sprite OOP implementation, but not quite. He expects to finish this month. If so, he will publish a “release candidate” that people can and should poke at, and try to break. But then, like the rest of Europe, he goes on vacation for August, so even if it seems totally ready, he's not going to make it the official release until after he gets back. He said he was planning a September official release, but I vetoed that on behalf of all American school teachers, who have a million other crises to contend with in September without an unfamiliar Snap!, plus it'd be really hard for us to separate out genuine bug reports from the slew of user errors that always happen in September. So the official 4.1 (although Jens says it's amazing enough that we should call it 5.0) is tentatively planned for October.

And we don't want to introduce the new back end at the same time as OOP, because otherwise Jens and Miosoft will end up pointing fingers at each other about any reported bugs; it'll be much cleaner to have two separate big changes. So we are now looking at November, supposing all goes smoothly.

Yeah, none of us like this either; we were all hoping to have everything ready in the summer. Sorry!

(You asked at just the right moment; I'm just back in my hotel room after a summit meeting in the beautiful pedestrian-street area of Bordeaux with Jens and Bernat (and John Maloney, because before I got there it was a GP summit meeting). (John paid for my Coke Zero along with everyone else's drinks so I promised not to bug him about lambda in GP this week.)

andre_ani
New to Scratch
2 posts

Snap! user discussion

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to add a new scripting language to Snap. I'm interesting to OpenSim and the scripting language OSL/LSL.
Is there a documentation or tuto about this please ? I've not find anything on the net…

Thanks a lot,
Cordially,

Andre_Ani
andre_ani
New to Scratch
2 posts

Snap! user discussion

Hello,

I'm not sure to post in the good place, so excuse me.
I'm searching tuto or documentation on how to add scripting language in Snap, for OpenSim for exemple.

If you could help me, perhaps ?

Thanks,
Have a nice day,

Andre_Ani