Discuss Scratch

BaconAndEggs1School
Scratcher
500+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

I'm thinking about making a sequel to the topic called “no”, but what rules did it break?
What was the original thread about?

jinjey
Scratcher
47 posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

i have a question: i am writing stories, do i post a topic about that on “Things I'm Reading And Playing” or “Things I'm Making And Creating”?


hey guys! i'm moving accounts, so please go to @-Drizzlii-. the shop is still active, but don't come to this account asking questions!


EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

jinjey wrote:

i have a question: i am writing stories, do i post a topic about that on “Things I'm Reading And Playing” or “Things I'm Making And Creating”?
Things I'm Making and Creating

Heypeoples2
Scratcher
39 posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

Can you talk about coding?

“Everyone has a talent. It may be hidden deep down inside.”

Sincerely, @Heypeoples2
jinjey
Scratcher
47 posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

EeveeLegends wrote:

jinjey wrote:

i have a question: i am writing stories, do i post a topic about that on “Things I'm Reading And Playing” or “Things I'm Making And Creating”?
Things I'm Making and Creating

ok, thanks! i was a little confused.


hey guys! i'm moving accounts, so please go to @-Drizzlii-. the shop is still active, but don't come to this account asking questions!


crystalmane
Scratcher
100+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

Great job, Scratch Team!
crystalmane
Scratcher
100+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

jinjey wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

jinjey wrote:

i have a question: i am writing stories, do i post a topic about that on “Things I'm Reading And Playing” or “Things I'm Making And Creating”?
Things I'm Making and Creating

ok, thanks! i was a little confused.
It would be in the Making And Creating, because You are makingthe storiea.
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

crystalmane wrote:

jinjey wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

jinjey wrote:

i have a question: i am writing stories, do i post a topic about that on “Things I'm Reading And Playing” or “Things I'm Making And Creating”?
Things I'm Making and Creating

ok, thanks! i was a little confused.
It would be in the Making And Creating, because You are makingthe storiea.
They already were answered

Pokemon fan and shiny hunter. Servant of two cats and a dog. I love waffles!
Nya~
;
crystalmane
Scratcher
100+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

M1mikyu wrote:

crystalmane wrote:

jinjey wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

jinjey wrote:

i have a question: i am writing stories, do i post a topic about that on “Things I'm Reading And Playing” or “Things I'm Making And Creating”?
Things I'm Making and Creating

ok, thanks! i was a little confused.
It would be in the Making And Creating, because You are makingthe storiea.
They already were answered
I know. I was just explaining why it would be in Making and Creating.

Last edited by crystalmane (Sept. 26, 2018 01:06:07)

SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

Over a year ago, you closed this topic, after a year-long run and almost five hundred posts.
Where exactly would it go?

Did I mention that I am cool?
THE APOCALYPSE HAPPENS TOMORROW

Alexa, play Space Invaders.
Black_Rock_Pride
Scratcher
50 posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

What about duplicate topics? If someone purposefully posts a duplicate topic (because duplicate topics can get posted by accident) shouldn't that be closed?

Check out my games!
Your text to link here…

Black (Internet name) Pronouns: Anything Loves outdoors and reading
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

Black_Rock_Pride wrote:

What about duplicate topics? If someone purposefully posts a duplicate topic (because duplicate topics can get posted by accident) shouldn't that be closed?
We usually close the duplicate and redirect others to the original, or we'll merge the duplicate and original (assuming the original thread isn't long dead/closed). Just report the duplicate and make sure to leave a link to the original so the Scratch Team knows what to compare the duplicate to.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
-hopelesswinds
Scratcher
100+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

Uh, this has probably been asked before but can you shorten the time between posts to something less than 60 seconds? It is very annoying

no endgame spoilers
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

-hopelesswinds wrote:

Uh, this has probably been asked before but can you shorten the time between posts to something less than 60 seconds? It is very annoying
This question would fit better on the “Suggestions” section of the forums.
But to answer your question, no, your suggestion is a rejected one.

Okamihowl122
Scratcher
500+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

I feel like there oughta be a rule that a topic is safe from closing if it has 100+pages, 8+ different people posting, isn't a dupe (in which case the smaller one should probably be closed, and not necessarily the newer one) and is child/teen-appropriate.
Edit: And also isn't just a joke topic.

Last edited by Okamihowl122 (March 22, 2019 12:03:34)


Follow scratching-pokemon and giretres!
Hey, you awesome people, shop at The Mon Shop. It's where I go when I need ideas, so why don't y'all check it out?
The Fur Nations- An RP (Join here!)
ls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day
ResExsention
New to Scratch
500+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

Question. I'm just curious about whether topics can be created on things that are slightly mature and inappropriate, on the following conditions:

- links to the actual place are not allowed
- concepts and inspiration for projects can be discussed, but anything vaguely inappropriate shouldn't be mentioned at all
- discussions are kept kid friendly

Because I'm considering taking inspiration from the works of the SCP Foundation in future Scratch projects, and creating a subtopic to go along with it…

-hopelesswinds wrote:

Uh, this has probably been asked before but can you shorten the time between posts to something less than 60 seconds? It is very annoying

It's to prevent spam. Come on, it's only one minute! (or two, if you're New.)

500+ posts as a New Scratcher. Do I hold some kind of record? Should I refuse a promotion to Scratcher and keep upping my post count?

I have a game out! Based off the works of the SCP Foundation, it's still an unplayable demo, but it's so I can receive early feedback: Director of Site-REDACTED
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

ResExsention wrote:

Question. I'm just curious about whether topics can be created on things that are slightly mature and inappropriate, on the following conditions:

- links to the actual place are not allowed
- concepts and inspiration for projects can be discussed, but anything vaguely inappropriate shouldn't be mentioned at all
- discussions are kept kid friendly

Because I'm considering taking inspiration from the works of the SCP Foundation in future Scratch projects, and creating a subtopic to go along with it…
Topics on more mature media are allowed, as long as the the media being discussed is 13+, not 18+. The conditions you listed can apply.

ResExsention
New to Scratch
500+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

EeveeLegends wrote:

ResExsention wrote:

Question. I'm just curious about whether topics can be created on things that are slightly mature and inappropriate, on the following conditions:

- links to the actual place are not allowed
- concepts and inspiration for projects can be discussed, but anything vaguely inappropriate shouldn't be mentioned at all
- discussions are kept kid friendly

Because I'm considering taking inspiration from the works of the SCP Foundation in future Scratch projects, and creating a subtopic to go along with it…
Topics on more mature media are allowed, as long as the the media being discussed is 13+, not 18+. The conditions you listed can apply.

Wow, thanks for letting me know!

500+ posts as a New Scratcher. Do I hold some kind of record? Should I refuse a promotion to Scratcher and keep upping my post count?

I have a game out! Based off the works of the SCP Foundation, it's still an unplayable demo, but it's so I can receive early feedback: Director of Site-REDACTED
findanegg
Scratcher
100+ posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

Is there a “notability” aspect for what can count as warranting a topic on this forum? Because a certain Scratcher keeps making topics for random youtube videos. Though technically not being vague or loosely defined (infact quite the opposite) it seems kind of like spam due to the sheer quantity of this type of topic.

Last edited by findanegg (Yesterday 22:58:54)


click on these links






also, you lost the game
AaryanKhan01
Scratcher
35 posts

Discuss the Policies of this Forum

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile