Discuss Scratch

OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Your Questions about Scratch 2.0

Failord wrote:

Serious question: What will happen with OrcaCat's curatorship? Is he gonna get an extra week because the transition threw him off or is he going to get cut short?
Yeah, it's all figured out. I'll get an extra week

lolwel21
Scratcher
44 posts

PLEEEEEASE ADD MORE SOUND SENSORY BLOCKS AND CLOUD LISTS!
p.s. is it possible to imbed scratch stuff in other pages? That would be sooo cool!

Last edited by lolwel21 (May 12, 2013 14:46:06)

Do you agree that Scratch needs these blocks?

(video [color v] on [this sprite v])
(video [brightness v] on [this sprite v])
insert [list] at [1 v] of [☁ list v]
Yes

My latest game: Nucleus
lolwel21
Scratcher
44 posts

is there a way to import songs from itunes? I can't get it to transfer. Thanks in advance!

Yes

lolwel21
Scratcher
44 posts

fexlo wrote:

Will there be a cloud list feature in the future? I know you guys don't like chatrooms, but we can report them
I hope so. It will allow for MMORPG scratch games without a set number of players. I am trying to work on one now, but without cloud lists, it will be impossible to develop further than pre-alpha 1.0 .

Last edited by lolwel21 (May 12, 2013 15:13:11)

Yes

7734f
Scratcher
500+ posts

lolwel21 wrote:

PLEASE add more advanced sound and video sensory. I'm trying to make a realtime visualiser for audio from the mic, and I'm having trouble doing that with just loudness. #primitive sound sensory.
Scratch is made to be simple for children. This would be taking away from the simplicity of Scratch.

infinitytec
Scratcher
1000+ posts

t is hard to move text in Vector Mode.

Not here much, but sometimes I lurk.
God has a plan. He has a plan for everything, and everyone.
yveltal2003
Scratcher
9 posts

we might need something- dont know wat though._waffle_
yveltal2003
Scratcher
9 posts

srsly..
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lolwel21 wrote:

is there a way to import songs from itunes? I can't get it to transfer. Thanks in advance!

Hmm, do the songs have DRM? If so, we can't import them (no one can, really). If not, can you give us a link to a song that won't import for you, so we can try it here and see the problem up close?
jinwoolee2
Scratcher
12 posts

@Lightnin
Oh no my backpack is empty! I didn't drop it anywhere and when I looked inside it nothing was there!!! I might be able to find all my stuff but it'll be a lot of work! What happened? You didn't mention anything about backpacks I don't think. And thanks, I found out how to change m signature. But is there a way to get the backpack info back, or is it lost forever?

Yay I found out how to add signatures! Well I think Scratch 2.0 is awesome and I love the vector, clones, and the backpack! Join me on the journey to learning π! I know the first 69. How many do you know?

Do you like Angry Birds? Or tower defense games? Then click here!
angelica101
Scratcher
58 posts

Glitch-
Say I want to link my test account on my About Me page thing. It's SomeNights- with the hyphen at the end and I want to link it like @SomeNights-. However, it doesn't add the hyphen in the link and leads me to some other random user.

Last edited by angelica101 (May 13, 2013 19:12:25)

IS THE BEST! | I am the official 2013 fifth grade Bananagrams champion. w00t! Art shop!|Nate (OC)
funnyman1120
Scratcher
22 posts

Whats happened to some features? Like shading with the paint bucket in the art editor, along with a few other things in the art editor

Scratcher for 5+ years. Fairly advanced.
Currently working with C++ and C#, also have a lot of general programming language.
Need help? Send me a message or comment on one of my scratch projects.
infinitytec
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Where can we find the old forums?

Not here much, but sometimes I lurk.
God has a plan. He has a plan for everything, and everyone.
7734f
Scratcher
500+ posts

funnyman1120 wrote:

Whats happened to some features? Like shading with the paint bucket in the art editor, along with a few other things in the art editor

Gradients are coming soon, as is fonts and text size.

Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question: Is there dirty word censoring anywhere on the site? If so, where?

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
Rockyoyo14
Scratcher
2 posts

Hey i really just wanna download the program if you guys can do it since i only make my projects by download XD
So ya…..Dont really get this online one…

Last edited by Rockyoyo14 (May 15, 2013 02:17:42)

funnyman1120
Scratcher
22 posts

Rockyoyo14 wrote:

Hey i really just wanna download the program if you guys can do it since i only make my projects by download XD
So ya…..Dont really get this online one…
That won't be out till sometime during the summer. While the online one is a bit confusing, i suggest you try it out, and you might begin to get used to it.

Scratcher for 5+ years. Fairly advanced.
Currently working with C++ and C#, also have a lot of general programming language.
Need help? Send me a message or comment on one of my scratch projects.
RoboNeo9
Scratcher
96 posts

I suggest that you add a x^y block, as it will make many mathematical things much easier to make, especially if the exponent uses decimals.

Broken pencils are pointless…
OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RoboNeo9 wrote:

I suggest that you add a x^y block, as it will make many mathematical things much easier to make, especially if the exponent uses decimals.
+1

CheeseMunchy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whatever became of the forum delete button anyway?

Running Google Chrome on Windows 7.

Unidentified Flying Glitch