Discuss Scratch

superpacman256
Scratcher
12 posts

Is this true?

So, I have been on scratch for a while now and when I go to pages for users like @scratchu8, I see comments like this: “the last notification's going away in like 2 weeks bruh. i… actually can't handle this. i remember being on scratch 5 years ago, that @ScratchFireyAgain admired his content. i remembered ”Christmahanakwanza Special,“ it'll forever be something nostalgic to think about. seeing the past disappearing hurts” Is this actually happening, or is it just a bunch of copypasta (removed by moderator - please keep it polite)?

Last edited by Paddle2See (Sept. 25, 2020 15:03:53)

pavcato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

What? Can you make your post clear?

superpacman256
Scratcher
12 posts

Is this true?

pavcato wrote:

Ok, So I have been on scratchu8's profile, and there are comments about the “last notifications” and that this stuff is gonna “not exist”. I don't know if it's real, or if it's fake.

pavcato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

superpacman256 wrote:

pavcato wrote:

Ok, So I have been on scratchu8's profile, and there are comments about the “last notifications” and that this stuff is gonna “not exist”. I don't know if it's real, or if it's fake.
Please don't make questions about scratchers. It's considered gossip.

superpacman256
Scratcher
12 posts

Is this true?

pavcato wrote:

superpacman256 wrote:

pavcato wrote:

It's not gossip, it's something that multiple people have been saying on some old scratch user pages.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

I'm not really sure what that statement is trying to say.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
SquirreIstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

superpacman256 wrote:

pavcato wrote:

superpacman256 wrote:

pavcato wrote:

It's not gossip, it's something that multiple people have been saying on some old scratch user pages.
rumours count as gossip

Moved to @Alphysse
pavcato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

superpacman256 wrote:

pavcato wrote:

superpacman256 wrote:

pavcato wrote:

Well, it sounds like a rumor because there's no proof. Also, rumors aren't allowed on Scratch.
kinda ninja'd

Last edited by pavcato (Sept. 24, 2020 22:13:33)

mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

Za-Chary wrote:

I think they're trying to say is that in the “What I've Been Doing” section of an old, inactive user's profile, the last thing they have been doing will disappear soon, leaving what i've been doing blank.
seriously, is there an abbreviation for what i've been doing? it's tedious to type

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

Oh!

On the top of a profile page on the right side a section titled:

What I've been doing

The entries on that section disappear after a year, and the user in question hasn't been active enough to get more than 1 entry on that section.

So in 3 weeks, the entry will disappear and the section will be blank.

THE SPANISH INQUISITION DIDN'T EXPECT THE SPANISH INQUISITON!

Last edited by ThatOneWeirdDude (Sept. 24, 2020 22:17:14)

pavcato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

mtech22 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

I think they're trying to say is that in the “What I've Been Doing” section of an old, inactive user's profile, the last thing they have been doing will disappear soon, leaving what i've been doing blank.
seriously, is there an abbreviation for what i've been doing? it's tedious to type
No, he means that people are saying that in the comments.

Jeffalo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

perhaps they mean that this scratcher's message count is going down. it's possible to see another scratcher's message count so maybe that's what they're talking about?

scratch team summer engineering intern
misteray
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

I think what he's trying to ask if scratchu8's projects, comments, etc will eventually go away.

Unless the account is deleted, no. They will forever be on the scratch servers, even after several updates. The scratch team has several backups of several hundred usernames and userdata and project jsons that even if something bad happened to the main servers, they can back it up.

Last edited by misteray (Sept. 25, 2020 12:42:11)

Switch friend code: SW-7282-7191-7723
3ds friend code: 4356-3494-6479
PSN: Cr1tikal_Terra
misteray
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

Yxles wrote:

He is saying that the “What I've been doing” is going to be deleted.
Oh, then no. It will never be deleted, its just some more playground rumors

Switch friend code: SW-7282-7191-7723
3ds friend code: 4356-3494-6479
PSN: Cr1tikal_Terra
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

misteray wrote:

Yxles wrote:

i was incorrect

Last edited by mtech22 (Sept. 25, 2020 13:37:55)

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

mtech22 wrote:

misteray wrote:

Yxles wrote:

It technichally will dissapear from the profile page, but will probably still be visible using the API.
It won't be. https://scratch.mit.edu/messages/ajax/user-activity/?user=scratchU8&max=100

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
-InsanityPlays-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

I don't know what you're talking about.
And also, don't use the term (removed by moderator - please keep it polite) as it contains a swear.

Last edited by Paddle2See (Sept. 25, 2020 15:04:12)

Welcome to my signature!
I've moved accounts. Anyway, did this post help you? Go follow me on my new account!
Today's Links: Scratch 4.0 Leaked Information, Astronomical - The Third, The Forum Community
follow me on scratch or i am sad, subscribe to my YouTube channel or bad luck for the rest of your life
My Final Shoutout: hekcer because in computer science class, he is the hekcerman
-InsanityPlays- Fan Studio! (closed) | Astronomical - The Third | Best of -InsanityPlays- 2020
my channel, my website, ctrl+shift+down for more STUFF

2020's Advent Collection:

more STUFF
sealifefriend
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is this true?

Ok… I’m confused

idk what to say here
coder2045
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

sealifefriend wrote:

Ok… I’m confused
Entries in the “What I've been doing” section get deleted after a year and the last entry in scratchU8's WIBD will be deleted in 3 weeks.

Highlight this text and press Ctrl-Shift-Down to view more of my signature. There's a lot in there.
I FOUND THE POSTIE POSTIE POST LINK THIS
Brainteaser: What comes next? Answer on my profile. First correct answer gets a follow.

[ ]
[ [ ] ]
[ [ [ ] ] [ ] ]
Good projects ⬇️

Wyan100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this true?

Well although a Year is a long time to not update your “What I've been doing” section, there are plenty of things to do on Scratch that don't update the List. Such as working on Projects and helping in the Forums.

"But don't quote me on it!" - Wyan100, 2020