Discuss Scratch

Frankiethecat678
Scratcher
37 posts

How to get popular on Scratch

Hello! I am asking any scratcher how to get popular on Scratch! Your answers will be used in a project I am making! If you do not want to be incuded in the project, or not be tagged, just say so! Thanks!
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

Getting popular isn't about hundreds of followers or getting 3rd on trending; it's to have a community like you. You could be popular with 10 followers, or hated with 10,000. Simply be friendly, make good things, and participate in the community, and you'll have some following.
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

Scratch isn't about fame, but be an overall nice person, frequently share projects, advertise in your signature and show and tell and studios. There are many methods of acquiring ‘fame’ but i'd avoid F4F.

Frankiethecat678
Scratcher
37 posts

How to get popular on Scratch

I need more answers! uwu
Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

Frankiethecat678 wrote:

I need more answers! uwu
You have currently received two, and here is a third.
Just generally help around. Participate in SDS's, post on the forums, comment things, generally be active. Make some games that have a certain quirk, otherwise, your fanbase will come with hate.






Hey there! I'm Ihatr, a user of the world. I've been Scratching for around 2.5 years on previous accounts! I'm fluent in Norwegian. I am a curator of Scratchtober, PPTBF, and The Forum Helpers. I play the trumpet. I also own three stickies! If you have any more questions, ask on my profile!

SquirreIstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

This will help (no seriously)


Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

Get really, really, really lucky and make platformers cool projects.
But Scratch isn't about fame. You don't need to be popular.

Mr_PenguinAlex: Causing chaos and mayhem in the forums since 2016

I'm working on a collaboration with @PewDiePython!

Why not donate to the Elevator Reaching Charity?








People who say All Lives Matter is bad are missing the point.
Hey, why'd you scroll down here? This is just where I keep my old signature.
Here's my best projects. Click on the images to play the games.

Sometimes I am constructive and use uppercase letters, sometimes I'm only kind of constructive and use only lowercase letters.
TheToothlessWolf
Scratcher
500+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

SquirreIstar wrote:

This will help (no seriously)

-image snip-
I second that.
Also, join studios you're interested in and comment on underrated projects. It gives you a presence in the community.

Don't you love my pfp?
Come join my Discord server! (Please view the project before reporting me)
AHAHA Finally 500 posts!
DipLeChip
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

exploit child psychology with thumbnails and art etc. with trends in order to get clicks and then remind them to heart, fave and follow.

QUEEENSLAANDEEEEEEEEER!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

DipLeChip wrote:

exploit child psychology with thumbnails and art etc. with trends in order to get clicks and then remind them to heart, fave and follow.
I mean that's pretty accurate for a large portion of popular people on other social media services lol
DipLeChip
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

CatsUnited wrote:

DipLeChip wrote:

exploit child psychology with thumbnails and art etc. with trends in order to get clicks and then remind them to heart, fave and follow.
I mean that's pretty accurate for a large portion of popular people on other social media services lol
they did want to make a guide so ofc i am going to contribute an accurate answer

QUEEENSLAANDEEEEEEEEER!
TapingAnimations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

Scratch isn't about fame y'know, to be popular you just need to be helpful and make good projects and be active, hell I got myself 4 followers by making a project about Endangered Animals ('Cause of SDS), you should also help other users and be kind to them, it works for me.










Male | 10 Yrs Old | Catholic | Animator | Roleplayer | Marvel, FNaF, Undertale, Portal, Minecraft, Among Us Fan
SomeRandomScratchGuy
Scratcher
40 posts

How to get popular on Scratch

Just give it time, that is all I have to say
define give it time

When born: ::pen hat
While (alive::sensing){
eat ::looks
sleep ::looks
code ::looks
Repeat ::motion}::control
HarryPotter_Hamilton
Scratcher
100+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

While Scratch isn’t about fame, one of the quickest ways to popularity is to just be super helpful and welcoming in the community. Or just make animations, and then you can probably become famous.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Ⓟⓡⓞⓤⓓ Ⓒⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓘⓐⓝ

⠀✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ HarryPotter_Hamilton⠀❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀
✰Forum Helper✰Female✰ENTJ-A✰Gleek✰Field Hockey
✰Swiftie✰Hufflepuff✰Singer✰Sunflower✰FPC #407
See my new project: 'this is me trying'
⠀⠀☁ ❝she believed she could, so she did❞ ☁
why do we get more letters to write our forum signatures than the ‘About Me’ section on our profiles?
ittybitmap
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

by fame do u mean alot of people noticing you or alot of ppl liking your projects

custom emojis


ppl be like i- i- you- wow-i- bro what? speak. spit it out. what do you wanna say? i'm listening. we're all waiting, and you're doing nothing. this is nonsense, you can't even use words anymore. go the heck outside dang heck get a job or something
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/436492898/
im scary and i make red text
-Snipet-
Scratcher
500+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

fdreerf wrote:

Getting popular isn't about hundreds of followers or getting 3rd on trending; it's to have a community like you. You could be popular with 10 followers, or hated with 10,000. Simply be friendly, make good things, and participate in the community, and you'll have some following.
I literally could have not written it any better than this, this hits home. I think that even then, Scratch isn’t about popularity. It’s about creating and sharing new ideas with the community.

website =)
Blasted little 60 second rule…
Frankiethecat678
Scratcher
37 posts

How to get popular on Scratch

-Snipet- wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

Getting popular isn't about hundreds of followers or getting 3rd on trending; it's to have a community like you. You could be popular with 10 followers, or hated with 10,000. Simply be friendly, make good things, and participate in the community, and you'll have some following.
I literally could have not written it any better than this, this hits home. I think that even then, Scratch isn’t about popularity. It’s about creating and sharing new ideas with the community.
Yeah, really. I love this!
Frankiethecat678
Scratcher
37 posts

How to get popular on Scratch

ittybitmap wrote:

by fame do u mean alot of people noticing you or alot of ppl liking your projects
Yeah
Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to get popular on Scratch

Here's one.

Git Good






Hey there! I'm Ihatr, a user of the world. I've been Scratching for around 2.5 years on previous accounts! I'm fluent in Norwegian. I am a curator of Scratchtober, PPTBF, and The Forum Helpers. I play the trumpet. I also own three stickies! If you have any more questions, ask on my profile!

Frankiethecat678
Scratcher
37 posts

How to get popular on Scratch

Thanks you guys! I have enough answers now, thanks for your help!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile