Discuss Scratch

procd
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

I have written a text to speech extension for the Scratch offline editor.
It is downloadable here https://app.box.com/s/j95ngv93lbkrzovx6ot6
The zip file contains a readme, s2e file and the extension exe file.
It was written in C# and runs on Windows. You don't need any hardware, just speakers so is handy for testing things out.

Note: The “speak %s and wait” block does not work as Scratch contains a bug which still is yet to be fixed.
Note2: speak and wait is now fixed unless the ST break it again!

If anyone wants the code then let me know and I'll see if I can stick it on github or similar.
Note3: github link later in post.

Last edited by procd (March 19, 2015 13:34:16)

bccwuho
New to Scratch
2 posts

Text to Speech extension

It's pretty neat and cool! I've tested it successfully with English. Thanks for your great work!

I want the code because it doesn't work with non-English. I think there might be adding stuffs like urlencode etc. Thanks.


procd
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

Thanks.
Everything should be urlencoded for the extension to work. I'd guess you'd need to set the charset properly in the header for foreign languages.
I'm new to git and have set up a repository but am looking at how to upload the files. I'll post again when its uploaded…hopefully this evening (GMT)
ninjagolloyd
Scratcher
500+ posts

Text to Speech extension

How do you use it?

bean
procd
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

If you download the zip file the instructions are in the readme file.

Basically you get a speak block like the say block but instead of getting a speech bubble appear the computer will actually say the words you have typed.
ninjagolloyd
Scratcher
500+ posts

Text to Speech extension

OK.

bean
procd
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

bccwuho
New to Scratch
2 posts

Text to Speech extension

procd wrote:

Thanks.
Everything should be urlencoded for the extension to work. I'd guess you'd need to set the charset properly in the header for foreign languages.
I'm new to git and have set up a repository but am looking at how to upload the files. I'll post again when its uploaded…hopefully this evening (GMT)

Thanks for sharing the code.

I can't get it done with other language. Thanks anyway.
procd
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

Maybe you know of a decent Chinese text to speech convertor and could integrate that?
Jacklack3
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

How do you change the gender?

Jacklack3 Is The Guy I LOOOVE PENGUINS
Click Here To Go The Scratch Homepage…
I AM SOOO BORED:mad:
procd
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

It reports the gender of the selected voice being used. You would have to change the voice and hence gender in the control panel. You cannot change it via the extension.
Vic20
Scratcher
74 posts

Text to Speech extension

???
it gives me a: System.Net.HTTPListenerException
???
Please help!
gigapouch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Text to Speech extension

procd wrote:

It reports the gender of the selected voice being used. You would have to change the voice and hence gender in the control panel. You cannot change it via the extension.

But there is only one voice in the Control Panel, it is either Microsoft Sam or sometimes, Microsoft Anna. It depends.

I have a Steam account. If you have one too, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Also check out my YouTube channel if you like the outdoors, Minecraft, cars, roller coasters, etc.
Vic20
Scratcher
74 posts

Text to Speech extension


Help me!
procd
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

gigapouch wrote:

procd wrote:

It reports the gender of the selected voice being used. You would have to change the voice and hence gender in the control panel. You cannot change it via the extension.

But there is only one voice in the Control Panel, it is either Microsoft Sam or sometimes, Microsoft Anna. It depends.
Yes there are certain defaults II believe dependent on country. More are available but you have to buy them.
procd
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

Vic20 wrote:


Help me!
Are you running the program as an Administrator?
MCjason2
Scratcher
41 posts

Text to Speech extension

say [Is There A Notepad Edition?] for (2) secs
play sound [Darude - Sandstorm]
add a [Edition] to [Notepad]

Vic20
Scratcher
74 posts

Text to Speech extension

procd wrote:

Vic20 wrote:


Help me!
Are you running the program as an Administrator?
yes
procd
Scratcher
100+ posts

Text to Speech extension

Vic20 wrote:

procd wrote:

Vic20 wrote:


Help me!
Are you running the program as an Administrator?
yes
Can you provide the full error message?
IncorrectDinosaur
Scratcher
13 posts

Text to Speech extension

It's pretty cool, good job.




Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile