Discuss Scratch

starbriqht
Scratcher
91 posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

DownsGameClub wrote:

I'm curious: what about Scratch is disrespectful about China? Please keep in mind many of us do not come from there so it's somewhat hard to get the full context of your point of view.
well for one, some people don't respect the ccp > second, as everyone is saying, taiwan and hongkong and macao are listed as seperate countries :\

time, wondrous time, gave me the blues and then purple-pink skies
DancingNekoGirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

starbriqht wrote:

DownsGameClub wrote:

I'm curious: what about Scratch is disrespectful about China? Please keep in mind many of us do not come from there so it's somewhat hard to get the full context of your point of view.
well for one, some people don't respect the ccp > second, as everyone is saying, taiwan and hongkong and macao are listed as seperate countries :\
There's also the projects about China. I can understand if they're offended by the content, but it's not like Scratch was specifically targeting them.
Felix-13
Scratcher
8 posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

Chinese government is good to block because “Free HK” project 涉及國家安全的問題
Felix-13
Scratcher
8 posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

Felix-13
Scratcher
8 posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

我都唔知
Byron_Inc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

Felix-13 wrote:

Please don't spam.

Planning on coming back soon.
-Zyte-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

Felix-13 wrote:

Chinese government is good to block because “Free HK” project 涉及國家安全的問題
What they said is that it is good for the Chinese government to block Scratch because the “Free HK” movement on Scratch, because it is interfering with China, as an country, it's safety. (Which is basically stability and not an mess.)


And… I'm 13 now so this needs an update… eventually…
If anyone wonders why my pfp is the thing it currently is, it's because… I honestly don't know. (My original logo is in the banner above)





April Fools 2021 wrote:

miku ftw
but zyte, your pfp is luo tianyi…
because using miku as a pfp is weird. and i didn't want to use tianyi or miku as an pfp, i was forced to


i think i like this pfp now…
and also FUNNEH JOOS
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

-Zyte- wrote:

Felix-13 wrote:

Chinese government is good to block because “Free HK” project 涉及國家安全的問題
What they said is that it is good for the Chinese government to block Scratch because the “Free HK” movement on Scratch, because it is interfering with China, as an country, it's safety. (Which is basically stability and not an mess.)

Nah, it's nationalism. The last thing China wants is for Hong Kong to go rogue and become independent.

They certainly don't want a democratic bastion right outside their front door.

Activity will be infrequent.

High fantasy, sci-fi, and milsim fan; losing brain cells due to anime. Hello!

- Learning 日本語, a surprisingly logical language
- Hobbyist game developer and pixel artist
scratch978654
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

ResExsention wrote:

-Zyte- wrote:

Felix-13 wrote:

Chinese government is good to block because “Free HK” project 涉及國家安全的問題
What they said is that it is good for the Chinese government to block Scratch because the “Free HK” movement on Scratch, because it is interfering with China, as an country, it's safety. (Which is basically stability and not an mess.)

Nah, it's nationalism. The last thing China wants is for Hong Kong to go rogue and become independent.

They certainly don't want a democratic bastion right outside their front door.
Yeah HK legally belongs to them, but since Scratch seems to support democracy, China banned it

Last edited by scratch978654 (Aug. 16, 2020 09:59:32)


I will be temporarily participating on this site on April 1 2021 then leaving again
dragon0307
Scratcher
79 posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

qrcool wrote:

Byron_Inc wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

[insert some quotes of above posts here, I can't quote a single one of them without half of this statement not making sense]
But freedom of speech is legal in the US, where Scratch is based and where most users live. Banning freedom of speech just so China is happy would be silly.
Exactly, that's why China banned Scratch.
Yeah…
Also, wouldn't banning freedom of speech be illegal?
It's literally in the Constitution.

Constitution is an American thing.

The more you nag for it, the less likely it is to happen.

gavinye2018
Scratcher
20 posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

scratch978654 wrote:

ResExsention wrote:

-Zyte- wrote:

Felix-13 wrote:

Chinese government is good to block because “Free HK” project 涉及國家安全的問題
What they said is that it is good for the Chinese government to block Scratch because the “Free HK” movement on Scratch, because it is interfering with China, as an country, it's safety. (Which is basically stability and not an mess.)

Nah, it's nationalism. The last thing China wants is for Hong Kong to go rogue and become independent.

They certainly don't want a democratic bastion right outside their front door.
Yeah HK legally belongs to them, but since Scratch seems to support democracy, China banned it
Guys, have you ever read the Wikipedia? Have you ever learned history (or social studies). It literally says that after ww2, England Admit to returning Hong Kong to China(smthing like that)
Byron_Inc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

gavinye2018 wrote:

scratch978654 wrote:

ResExsention wrote:

-Zyte- wrote:

Felix-13 wrote:

Chinese government is good to block because “Free HK” project 涉及國家安全的問題
What they said is that it is good for the Chinese government to block Scratch because the “Free HK” movement on Scratch, because it is interfering with China, as an country, it's safety. (Which is basically stability and not an mess.)

Nah, it's nationalism. The last thing China wants is for Hong Kong to go rogue and become independent.

They certainly don't want a democratic bastion right outside their front door.
Yeah HK legally belongs to them, but since Scratch seems to support democracy, China banned it
Guys, have you ever read the Wikipedia? Have you ever learned history (or social studies). It literally says that after ww2, England Admit to returning Hong Kong to China(smthing like that)
I think not in their textbooks.
But I think is the 100 year agreement is over, so England have to return HK to China.

Planning on coming back soon.
jiuxiongdi
Scratcher
12 posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

I get why scratch is banned. China may think it has bad influence on the country, since Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau are listed as countries.
pavcato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

NOTANO0B wrote:

4096bits wrote:

leogames2016 wrote:

qrcool wrote:

leogames2016 wrote:

A bit sad… I think it should be temporarily because of mean people trying to swear in Chinese or something that they don't understand.
No, it's because the CCP saw some stuff they didn't like, including, but not limited to, Hong Kong and Taiwan being listed as countries. The ban might be permanent if Scratch doesn't clearly show communist views. That is, if you're talking about why China banned Scratch.

Aaah. Scratch Should Ban Communist Views for Some Countries. But not Worldwide.
But Scratch supports freedom of speech under the ToU…
that's illegal in china yk
freedom of speech is totally illegal
Actually, freedom of speech is legal in china.

-Zyte-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

pavcato wrote:

NOTANO0B wrote:

4096bits wrote:

leogames2016 wrote:

qrcool wrote:

leogames2016 wrote:

A bit sad… I think it should be temporarily because of mean people trying to swear in Chinese or something that they don't understand.
No, it's because the CCP saw some stuff they didn't like, including, but not limited to, Hong Kong and Taiwan being listed as countries. The ban might be permanent if Scratch doesn't clearly show communist views. That is, if you're talking about why China banned Scratch.

Aaah. Scratch Should Ban Communist Views for Some Countries. But not Worldwide.
But Scratch supports freedom of speech under the ToU…
that's illegal in china yk
freedom of speech is totally illegal
Actually, freedom of speech is legal in china.
as long as your not offending the government or saying anything that interferes with the country's saftey.


And… I'm 13 now so this needs an update… eventually…
If anyone wonders why my pfp is the thing it currently is, it's because… I honestly don't know. (My original logo is in the banner above)





April Fools 2021 wrote:

miku ftw
but zyte, your pfp is luo tianyi…
because using miku as a pfp is weird. and i didn't want to use tianyi or miku as an pfp, i was forced to


i think i like this pfp now…
and also FUNNEH JOOS
leahcimto
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

(deleted by leachimto)

Last edited by leahcimto (Aug. 16, 2020 14:30:53)

pavcato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

-Zyte- wrote:

pavcato wrote:

NOTANO0B wrote:

4096bits wrote:

leogames2016 wrote:

qrcool wrote:

leogames2016 wrote:

A bit sad… I think it should be temporarily because of mean people trying to swear in Chinese or something that they don't understand.
No, it's because the CCP saw some stuff they didn't like, including, but not limited to, Hong Kong and Taiwan being listed as countries. The ban might be permanent if Scratch doesn't clearly show communist views. That is, if you're talking about why China banned Scratch.

Aaah. Scratch Should Ban Communist Views for Some Countries. But not Worldwide.
But Scratch supports freedom of speech under the ToU…
that's illegal in china yk
freedom of speech is totally illegal
Actually, freedom of speech is legal in china.
as long as your not offending the government or saying anything that interferes with the country's saftey.
Well, if you say something like a threat, the US will do the same thing.

-Zyte-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

pavcato wrote:

-Zyte- wrote:

pavcato wrote:

NOTANO0B wrote:

4096bits wrote:

leogames2016 wrote:

qrcool wrote:

leogames2016 wrote:

A bit sad… I think it should be temporarily because of mean people trying to swear in Chinese or something that they don't understand.
No, it's because the CCP saw some stuff they didn't like, including, but not limited to, Hong Kong and Taiwan being listed as countries. The ban might be permanent if Scratch doesn't clearly show communist views. That is, if you're talking about why China banned Scratch.

Aaah. Scratch Should Ban Communist Views for Some Countries. But not Worldwide.
But Scratch supports freedom of speech under the ToU…
that's illegal in china yk
freedom of speech is totally illegal
Actually, freedom of speech is legal in china.
as long as your not offending the government or saying anything that interferes with the country's saftey.
Well, if you say something like a threat, the US will do the same thing.
yes, it's normal for every country, but some are more chill™ than others.


And… I'm 13 now so this needs an update… eventually…
If anyone wonders why my pfp is the thing it currently is, it's because… I honestly don't know. (My original logo is in the banner above)





April Fools 2021 wrote:

miku ftw
but zyte, your pfp is luo tianyi…
because using miku as a pfp is weird. and i didn't want to use tianyi or miku as an pfp, i was forced to


i think i like this pfp now…
and also FUNNEH JOOS
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

dragon0307 wrote:

qrcool wrote:

Also, wouldn't banning freedom of speech be illegal?
It's literally in the Constitution.

Constitution is an American thing.
That's kind of our point. Since Scratch is based in America, everything on Scratch has to abide by US law.

pavcato wrote:

-Zyte- wrote:

pavcato wrote:

]Actually, freedom of speech is legal in china.
as long as your not offending the government or saying anything that interferes with the country's saftey.
Well, if you say something like a threat, the US will do the same thing.
You can't threaten the US government, but you can insult it and nothing will happen. In China, can you call the president incompetent?
DancingNekoGirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch and China (Discussion on Recent Website Block)

BearSlothCoding wrote:

pavcato wrote:

-Zyte- wrote:

pavcato wrote:

]Actually, freedom of speech is legal in china.
as long as your not offending the government or saying anything that interferes with the country's saftey.
Well, if you say something like a threat, the US will do the same thing.
You can't threaten the US government, but you can insult it and nothing will happen. In China, can you call the president incompetent?
Well, this might have something to do with the new security law passed in Hong Kong. It does give the government of China more control over the media, internet, etc.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile