Discuss Scratch

chrisg
Scratch Team
82 posts

Translating Scratch into Other Languages

Scratch has been translated into more than 60 languages with the generous help of volunteer translators from all over the world.
However, parts of the Scratch interface and website in some languages are still missing translations, and some translations might have glitches. If you have experience with some language, you can help in completing the translations and correcting any mistakes.

The Scratch Translator Guide has instructions for getting started on our translation platform Transifex.

We also have a step by step guide for signing up on Transifex and Translation Guidelines.

If your language is not available on Transifex, or you have a question not answered by the Guide, please contact us at translate@scratch.mit.edu.

p.s. This forum is about translating the Scratch interface into other languages, NOT using the Scratch translation extension. Questions about the translation extension should be in the Help with Scripts forum.
jhand17
Scratcher
23 posts

I can do Irish
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm not exactly the most comfortable about using stuff like slack

MOVED
This is a signicher… I hope you like it… Don't forget to check out my profile!
in order to see my whole signicher, hight it and press “shift+down-arrow”
“Fake” languages|Play Ack Attack|Hypotheticals studio|Scratch Co.|Scratch Co, too
Funny ST quotes

Za-Chary wrote:

No Kissy kissy
No Stabby Stabby

Za-Chary wrote:

Believe it or not, some Scratchers don't like followers…
Did you know?
(() ^ () :: operators)
can be done with
((() * ()) * ())
chrisg
Scratch Team
82 posts

@Steve0Greatness using Slack is optional. It's just an opportunity for translators to collaborate if they want to.
simulator-master
Scratcher
40 posts

chrisg wrote:

Scratch has been translated into more than 60 languages with the generous help of volunteer translators from all over the world.
However, parts of the Scratch interface and website in some languages are still missing translations, and some translations might have glitches. If you have experience with some language, you can help in completing the translations and correcting any mistakes.

The Scratch Translator Guide has instructions for getting started on our translation platform Transifex.

We also have a step by step guide for signing up on Transifex and Translation Guidelines.

If your language is not available on Transifex, or you have a question not answered by the Guide, please contact us at translate@scratch.mit.edu.

p.s. This forum is about translating the Scratch interface into other languages, NOT using the Scratch translation extension. Questions about the translation extension should be in the Help with Scripts forum.
Can you please tell/give me the list of the name of programming languages that were translated

(■_■ meet agent variable)

siggybot1.0::ring // an obsolete version of a siggy guard bot

siggybot2.0:: #0000ff ring // new and sleek siggybot2.0!
O :: #ff0000 ring // press button if there is a evil kumquat among us
; meet the lone semicolon
simulator-master
Scratcher
40 posts

chrisg wrote:

Can you please tell/give me the list of the name of programming languages that were translated?

(■_■ meet agent variable)

siggybot1.0::ring // an obsolete version of a siggy guard bot

siggybot2.0:: #0000ff ring // new and sleek siggybot2.0!
O :: #ff0000 ring // press button if there is a evil kumquat among us
; meet the lone semicolon
Rose16_Gund
Scratcher
36 posts

I can Do French
GunChleoc
Scratcher
100+ posts

simulator-master wrote:

Can you please tell/give me the list of the name of programming languages that were translated
  • Scratch

repeat until <not <(language) = [English]>>
set (language) to [Gàidhlig]
end
Rose16_Gund
Scratcher
36 posts

when this sprite clicked
if <Languge<touching color [#BEAR] ?>> then
set [ I can Speak French] to [ Bonjour Comment Ca Va?]
add [Ca Va Bien] to [list Awnsers]
add [Ca Va Tries Bien] to [list awnsers
add [Ca Va cm ca com ca] to [list awnsers

end
Rose16_Gund
Scratcher
36 posts

quote=chrisg]Scratch has been translated into more than 60 languages with the generous help of volunteer translators from all over t
he world.

TRANSLATE
C'EST GÉNIAL
theomt9597
Scratcher
8 posts

Okay new

When green flag clicked 
Forever
Beawsome