Discuss Scratch

TeeMee123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rankware Programming

yeah, we need to keep it to scratch and the wiki thing. new people (who dont get the password) won't have to do that much to earn our trust anyway, just make one algorithm or something.

I'm part of the collab Rankware Programming, see http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/42888 for details.
-Radical-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rankware Programming

Right. So we can try to keep it mostly Scratch based. I am a teensy bit worried tho. I do not want to hand the password out too readily. Actually, here is a yhought. You know how you can use scratch block code on the forums? We could back-and-forth on the wiki as well. Post code? Sound good?

Edit : fixed a few typos

Last edited by -Radical- (Jan. 24, 2016 16:19:06)

Sincerely, probably me. Maybe myself. Or sometimes I.

Signature last updated on 5/15/16
Xelanybor101
Scratcher
31 posts

Rankware Programming

when I receive [Post code?]
say [sounds good to me!]

My signature was eaten by an evil lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Luckily I had a spare in my cupboard.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nevermind, they found that one too.

;
TeeMee123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rankware Programming

writing code in forum blocks is very tedious.
the way code is written doesnt affect what the rankware paltform does by the way, since it just recognises something needing to be done or having been done (which is determined by a person). so we just need to make the platform first.

I'm part of the collab Rankware Programming, see http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/42888 for details.
-Radical-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rankware Programming

TeeMee123 wrote:

writing code in forum blocks is very tedious.

when I receive [TeeMee say that v]
think [I wonder why he'd think that....] for (2) secs

TeeMee123 wrote:

the way code is written doesnt affect what the rankware paltform does by the way, since it just recognises something needing to be done or having been done (which is determined by a person). so we just need to make the platform first.

Wait, I think I missed something. People are going to submit code with the rankware platform?!

TeeMee123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rankware Programming

ok. if you read the flowchart you would understand.
Users can request algorithms to be made, make algorithms, implement algorithms, make artwork or sound for projects, review other peoples' work or do general work on a project.
so what, i hear you ask, has the platform got to do with this?
the platform will show users what projects there are, what requested algorithms there are, what timeslots are scheduled, and what algorithms have been made but need reviewing.
it will allow users to select a project to do stuff with, select an algorithm to reserve doing it, review a submitted algorithm, reserve a timeslot for using the shared account (providing a reason), and some other stuff.
to send in an algorithm you, just in whatever way you like, get a high-ranked user to look at it and submit a review on its respective task item on the platform.

of course each activity has a certain minimum permisisons level required to do it.

Last edited by TeeMee123 (Jan. 24, 2016 21:25:20)

-Radical-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rankware Programming

TeeMee123 wrote:

ok. if you read the flowchart you would understand.
Users can request algorithms to be made, make algorithms, implement algorithms, make artwork or sound for projects, review other peoples' work or do general work on a project.
so what, i hear you ask, has the platform got to do with this?
the platform will show users what projects there are, what requested algorithms there are, what timeslots are scheduled, and what algorithms have been made but need reviewing.
it will allow users to select a project to do stuff with, select an algorithm to reserve doing it, review a submitted algorithm, reserve a timeslot for using the shared account (providing a reason), and some other stuff.
to send in an algorithm you, just in whatever way you like, get a high-ranked user to look at it and submit a review on its respective task item on the platform.

of course each activity has a certain minimum permisisons level required to do it.

Okay. I will sign in and work on that now. Do I count as a higher ranked user because I know the password or something?

TeeMee123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rankware Programming

Well the password will only be given to a certain rank of user. Rank goes up if you get some good reviews on your submitted stuff, or an admin decides to increase your rank.

-Radical-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rankware Programming

I missed something. The platform auto rank you up?

TeeMee123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rankware Programming

yeah. if you look at the profile section i have already designed on the platform, you have xp

-Radical-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rankware Programming

So, they are going to submit thi mhm gs script hy script, however, where will they be doing so?

RankwareProgramming
Scratcher
83 posts

Rankware Programming

I am going to install the Scratchblocks thingywobber on the Rankware wiki. TeeMee, are you going to request an account there?
TeeMee123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rankware Programming

thi mhm gs script hy script
what do you mean?

il make a request soon

-Radical-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rankware Programming

They will submitns cripts. And the scratchblocks plugin is not working I will ask creator for help

Xelanybor101
Scratcher
31 posts

Rankware Programming

Radical, have you got the scratchblocks working yet?

My signature was eaten by an evil lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Luckily I had a spare in my cupboard.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nevermind, they found that one too.

;
-Radical-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rankware Programming

I am having serious problems with it. Hmm, thinkin'…

TeeMee123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rankware Programming

we dont really need it, not for now at least

-Radical-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rankware Programming

Okay, what are we gonna do instead? I having no idea

Last edited by -Radical- (Jan. 29, 2016 00:16:05)

-Radical-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rankware Programming

I got my Scratcher status!

jasperjay
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rankware Programming

-Radical- wrote:

I got my Scratcher status!
Woo!

I'm derpy.

I also have 3 accounts.