Discuss Scratch

zobandzeff
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Official Scratch Printing Company - Jobs & Ads

Game review: Bouncy Giga by TimMcCool

Intro:
here is my review of the newest game by Germany's number 1 scratcher!
synopsis:
Bouncy Giga is an arcade game where you have to bounce on the ground,avoid goombas and red blocks and get as many coins as you can.

gameplay:
when you press play,giga starts bouncing and bouncing.seconds later,goombas start coming and you start weaving in and out of them whilst collecting coins.then,by accident,you press the space button which activates your sword.it has a limited amount of time you can use it before it has to cool down,getting increasingly shorter every time you use it.

how i did:
i played it around five times and my highscore is 303

overall rating:5 out of 5
it is a really simple but fun game and no wonder it got 40+loves in just hours after it's release,it won't be long before this is on the front page!

link to game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/415051221/

Last edited by zobandzeff (July 31, 2020 16:41:57)

SuperSean12
Scratcher
500+ posts

i need mo' stories *foams from mouth*

@SuperSean12
forum translator
among us player
meme lover (not animation memess)
qrcool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Community Events Report: Stop Generic Platformers by @qrcool

Intro:
Recently, many topics have been appearing in the forums about why platformers get so popular, suggestions to ban them, and projects on similar topics.

Synopsis:
Topics regarding #StGP (Stop Generic Platformers) have been created recently, including "Why Do So Many Generic Platformers Get Top Loved?. These topics often create lots of controversy on what defines a “generic” platformer and cases where the content creator is using an engine simply to learn how. While StGP has been going on for a while, there has been a spike in interest.

Conclusion:
StGP has been responded to by @Paddle2See, in the following message:

[Replying to “Why Do So Many Platformers Get Top Loved?” by @HTML-Fan, while closing the topic]

Paddle2See wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

@jaguar1501 Calling a generic platformer generic definitely isn't mean, although it isn't constructive.
It is actually pretty judgmental and unconstructive. Seems to me that there is a bit of elitism going on here.

Remember that the top loved and top remixed rows are pretty much entirely just about popularity - not about “quality”, however you want to define that. Or diversity. Or anything else. I remember when hamster drawings were all the rage and all over the front page. It was a fad - it came and went. See what you can do to make the next big thing rather than grousing about the fickle focus of the teaming crowds.

Also remember that what might be easy for you is not necessarily easy for somebody else.
think we've answered this question pretty well now. They are there because that is what “the populace” wants - they make them popular. It's unfortunate that they don't align with what you find exciting - but that's just the way Scratch is at the moment. I suggest you move on and look for things more tailored to your interests - see what your friends are loving and viewing and adding to studios.

he/they/it/neos
notgoodatc0de
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think we should consider hiring a newspaper layout planner.

IT'S SPOOKTOBER AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. YUP, I CAN SCARE KIDS WITH STORIES IN THE DARK AND NOT GET IN TROUBLE, HURRAH

select this, and tap control + shift and scroll down to see the rest of my siggy!

Yep, that's me. Notgodatc0de. Certified weirdo. Weeb. Potterhead. Demigod. Tribute. Scratcher. I'm a lot of things.
Anything I say that offended you was either on purpose or an accident. If it's the latter, I apologize. But if I it was on purpose, I'm probably not sorry ;D

hmm? whatcha' doing here kiddo?

don't you understand? My siggy is finished!

finished I say! There's nothing down here except lint

Did I st-st-stutter!!? DON'T GO ANY FURTHER!

WAiT, thIS Is ILLegAl, SToP

S. T. A. H. P!!!!!!!!! (`0´)

Please! stop ;-;

fine

don't say I didn't warn you

you naughty person, how dare you? might as well take a super-secret message if your gonna break the law “spoopy scary skeletons” B)
notgoodatc0de
Scratcher
100+ posts

qrcool wrote:

~snipppp~
So here's my question. As a printer, do I like claim this report and write out their story? (nice report, by the way ;D)

IT'S SPOOKTOBER AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. YUP, I CAN SCARE KIDS WITH STORIES IN THE DARK AND NOT GET IN TROUBLE, HURRAH

select this, and tap control + shift and scroll down to see the rest of my siggy!

Yep, that's me. Notgodatc0de. Certified weirdo. Weeb. Potterhead. Demigod. Tribute. Scratcher. I'm a lot of things.
Anything I say that offended you was either on purpose or an accident. If it's the latter, I apologize. But if I it was on purpose, I'm probably not sorry ;D

Please! stop ;-;

fine

you naughty person, how dare you? might as well take a super-secret message if your gonna break the law “spoopy scary skeletons” B)
qrcool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

notgoodatc0de wrote:

qrcool wrote:

~snipppp~
So here's my question. As a printer, do I like claim this report and write out their story? (nice report, by the way ;D)
I guess that's how it works…

he/they/it/neos
Yeetoburro1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

Link to project/forum shop: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/408540640/
Name of project/forum shop: Down- A platformer
Description you would like: An earthquake has hit the nuclear power plant that you work at… Escape before it blows in this exciting non-generic platformer by @Yeetoburro1!
Any images/banners you would like: The thumbnail for it in my sig
Anything else you would like to tell us about it:
Did no-one see this lol

Last edited by Yeetoburro1 (Aug. 1, 2020 16:53:50)

qrcool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

Yeetoburro1 wrote:

Link to project/forum shop: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/408540640/
Name of project/forum shop: Down- A platformer
Description you would like: An earthquake has hit the nuclear power plant that you work at… Escape before it blows in this exciting non-generic platformer by @Yeetoburro1!
Any images/banners you would like: The thumbnail for it in my sig
Anything else you would like to tell us about it:
Did no-one see this lol
I'll message Blockpoint about it.

he/they/it/neos
JC20092009
Scratcher
500+ posts

Here’s an idea for the poem in the paper:

Scratch Dog, oh Scratch Dog.
Where are you Scratch Dog?
Scratch Cat is everywhere,
Yet Scratch Dog is never there
with the other sprites.

Scratch Dog, oh Scratch Dog,
Show yourself, Scratch Dog.
Say something, ask something,
Play your sound, sing.
Clear your graphic effects, Scratch Dog.

I cannot video sense you,
Move a few more steps.
Glide to us, report to me.
Increase your size so we can see
Where you are, because you’re > perfect.
notgoodatc0de
Scratcher
100+ posts

qrcool wrote:

notgoodatc0de wrote:

qrcool wrote:

~snipppp~
I guess that's how it works…
Ok then, Pikachu, I choose you! Er, I meant I choose this story to write out

Please! stop ;-;

fine

qrcool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Game Review: rainbow platformer by cSERAFIMc

Intro:
@qrcool's review of the recently featured game by @cSERAFIMc, rainbow platformer.

Synopsis:
rainbow platformer is a rainbow themed scrolling platformer in which the main objective is to reach the top in the shortest amount of time possible.

Gameplay:
I liked the pastel rainbow palette from the start. There are many details which let you enjoy the game even more if you pay attention. The setup really makes it seem like the game is trying to tell you that even if you die, you're just learning. The music is well-chosen, and the use of cloud variables gives it a replay value of trying to beat the global highscore that most platformers just don't have. The graphics look like they took time to figure out.

Overall Rating:
4/5 stars, sometimes it felt a bit repetitive, but still very enjoyable.

he/they/it/neos
qrcool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Poll: Your Opinion On Recent Site Traffic?

While the worst of this is over, many of us were spending time in quarantine on Scratch. Did you think it was just plain annoying for there to be such long loading times, or was it good that so much new content was shared?

he/they/it/neos
DeepSeaStudios
Scratcher
55 posts

Reporter Form (3 Spots Open):
Do you reply quickly to things: Yes
Are you usually online: Yes
Can you pay attention to Scratch's latest news: Yes
Will you report to printers: Yes

I also can write stories. Non-fiction, like a column, poem of the week, fiction. etc.

im a british english scratcher that knows most country flags
qrcool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DeepSeaStudios wrote:

Reporter Form (3 Spots Open):
Do you reply quickly to things: Yes
Are you usually online: Yes
Can you pay attention to Scratch's latest news: Yes
Will you report to printers: Yes

I also can write stories. Non-fiction, like a column, poem of the week, fiction. etc.
this is pretty dead.

he/they/it/neos