Discuss Scratch

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

postpercent (Scratch Forum Leaderboards)

Flowermanvista wrote:

Clicking on the “Users” link on postpercent just redirects to your page without any obvious way to view somebody else's page (unless I manually edit the URL), is this intended?
No, I just haven't added in the search bar for users yet

Flowermanvista wrote:

Also, I got a 500 error with code “FUNCTION_INVOCATION_FAILED” and ID “cle1::wlmmv-1623798328577-936276815147” after trying to return to postpercent's homepage from Scratch Forum Leaderboards - I have gotten a few of these 500 errors in the past.
idk why that happens
i never experienced these issues when I built it locally, yet vercel's claiming it's an app issue

bottom text
wvj
Scratcher
1000+ posts

After the capitalization changing of “Help With Scripts” to “Help with Scripts” https://shefwerld.rirurin.com/post/user?user=wvj thinks that they are 2 different forums

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wvj wrote:

After the capitalization changing of “Help With Scripts” to “Help with Scripts” https://shefwerld.rirurin.com/post/user?user=wvj thinks that they are 2 different forums
Maybe ScratchDB stores category names instead of IDs.

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
Jeffalo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wvj wrote:

when did this happen

disclaimer: sometimes my posts are pretty critical of the scratch team (especially my older ones), but i really do scratch & scratch team. jvvg made a short essay thing about the scratch team, which is a pretty good read, if you want a different perspective for the scratch team's actions.

my website: jeffalo.net | ocular: scratch forum search

wvj
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jeffalo wrote:

wvj wrote:

when did this happen
5 days ago
see this

Jeffalo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wvj wrote:

Jeffalo wrote:

wvj wrote:

when did this happen
5 days ago
see this
that should go in a museum

disclaimer: sometimes my posts are pretty critical of the scratch team (especially my older ones), but i really do scratch & scratch team. jvvg made a short essay thing about the scratch team, which is a pretty good read, if you want a different perspective for the scratch team's actions.

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wvj wrote:

Jeffalo wrote:

wvj wrote:

when did this happen
5 days ago
see this
bruh

Anyway, that appears to be a ScratchDB issue. I'll inform lefty on that

bottom text
DatOneLefty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

wvj wrote:

Jeffalo wrote:

wvj wrote:

when did this happen
5 days ago
see this
bruh

Anyway, that appears to be a ScratchDB issue. I'll inform lefty on that
I'll update all the “Help With Scripts” to “Help with Scripts” some time soon to match with the change, thanks for letting me know!

Scratch data available at ScratchDB (Status)

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Some new features have been added to postpercent:
- Searching for users statistics can now be done using the search bar when clicking on users
- Themes have been added, accessible from a settings menu (note that the settings won't save on reload atm, but that'll be something I'll work on later)

Since I now have almost all of the features from SFL added to postpercent, my main priority now will be to figure out why the app keeps crashing (lol) and to add the funny

ETA for the full release will be July 1st

Last edited by CatsUnited (June 17, 2021 12:32:06)

bottom text
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The light theme still uses dark colors for the categories and it looks not good

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
9gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Some new features have been added to postpercent:
- Searching for users statistics can now be done using the search bar when clicking on users
- Themes have been added, accessible from a settings menu (note that the settings won't save on reload atm, but that'll be something I'll work on later)

Since I now have almost all of the features from SFL added to postpercent, my main priority now will be to figure out why the app keeps crashing (lol) and to add the funny

ETA for the full release will be July 1st
check the serverless logs
Jeffalo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

merci beaucoup

9gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Not sure if you want this but

^ is what I see when I run this in vercel. It looks like its built as a serverless function, and a ScratchDB request is failing.

EDIT:

Two dropdowns are showing when the settings theme chooser is pressed

Last edited by 9gr (June 17, 2021 15:58:03)

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

9gr wrote:

Not sure if you want this but

^ is what I see when I run this in vercel. It looks like its built as a serverless function, and a ScratchDB request is failing.
I've also seen that in the logs, though I don't know how I'm going to fix that at the moment

9gr wrote:

EDIT:

Two dropdowns are showing when the settings theme chooser is pressed
I'll need to rewrite how the dropdowns appear on the page so that each one can be shown or hidden independently

Last edited by CatsUnited (June 17, 2021 23:21:01)

bottom text
-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

idea: make the colors in the post graph thing brighter so you can see the text better when using light mode

Last edited by -gge (June 21, 2021 04:01:03)

《 ? | aug 9 | ravenclaw | a | shift+down for more signature》
V CLICK THAT TO MAKE GRIFFPATCH FOLLOW YOU V

(+-(▪_▪ :: looks)-+ :: sound)// this is kumquat eater. she eats kumquats.
[/scratchblocks]

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

postpercent is now out of beta with it's first release!

Added features
- a new search interface for searching pages
- a new button on the forum leaderboard page which allows you to make a permanent link to a particular page of a particular category (there's a bug with it atm where the category always sets itself to All Categories, which will hopefully be fixed within the next few hours)

Fixed bugs
- Leaderboard and theme dropdowns are now controlled independently of each other - no more opening up the settings to change your theme to see the forum category dropdown also open

and I can never escape from the 500 error lol

Last edited by CatsUnited (June 28, 2021 05:46:12)

bottom text
9gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Can't you try running svelte as a static app?
LandonHarter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LandonHarter
I prefer to be called Landon. Don't use my full username too much.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Male|14 y/o|English, Illageralt, Emerelian|Mineral Fish, Rain World|American|ISTP-A / ISTP-D|Neutral Sociality|#9d0|Chaotic Neutral

“Hello, Wendy . . .”

kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AGAIN

Last edited by kccuber (June 28, 2021 22:59:39)

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

9gr wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Can't you try running svelte as a static app?
okay, i've disabled ssr
that should've fixed the server errors people have occasionally been finding

bottom text