COPYING AND PASTING!!!

this makes no sense
miniepicness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

fancypants007 wrote:

this makes no sense
then don't post on it. I've already made a post saying this exact thing, and I made it 7 or 8 months ago
fancypants007
Scratcher
4 posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

what
ACE009
Scratcher
100+ posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

Edit: Sorry, misread the suggestion. Just ignore this.

There are two ways to do this already. If it is to the same sprite, you can just right click the costume and click duplicate. If the costume is for a different sprite, just drag the costume to the sprite. The backpack could be viewed as a third way, but it is more finikey than the other two.

Last edited by ACE009 (May 22, 2018 12:27:19)

when this signature read :: events hat
if <I know what [kumquats] are :: sensing> then //false
have (Katty :: pen) [eat v] [nearby kumquats v] :: motion // Katty eats the kumquats for me, whatever they are
else
learn what [kumquats] are :: sensing // this block must be malfunctional
end
TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

Support! I'm tired of Save Picture, Upload Picture to Scratch and wasting my bytes!
I just want to copy and right-click, paste!

-DancerRJV-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

Totally! There should be a copy and paste! I so badly need it in my projects, though their is a “duplicate” button but still it would be so helpful!

May the cries of your enemies be silenced by space's void.
(Does anybody remember that from two SWC sessions ago?)

Hey, another siggy scroller!

Hey, if you made it this far, you're a pretty dedicated siggy scroller.

Guess what? I'm a baker, dancer, Disney fan, enneagram lover, teen, who loves scratch, helping out in shops, and guiding new scratchers on their journey through scratch.

My sister is PFTV. If you don't know who she is, good luck finding her…

You know, you should really stop climbing down the stairs to my basement.

I told you to stop, there are some personal things down there!

Whoa whoa whoa, you better sllllllooooooooowwwww down.

You're still looking? Alright fine. Now you know. DON'T GO FURTHER

Come on, please?

… *sobs* pwetty pwese?

Alright fine. You went this far. I guess I've gotta give ya somethin'. Here ya go, I'm a potato. You heard it. now go to my profile and comment “chez puffs”.
tomrow
Scratcher
100+ posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

This and a “Find” feature that searches through block parameters would be very nice!

If you have to scroll it down, your signature is too large.
fancypants007
Scratcher
4 posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

just left clic
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

Support.

Last edited by Mr_PenguinAlex (July 11, 2018 13:45:16)

eramslean
Scratcher
1 post

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

so how do you do it?
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

eramslean wrote:

so how do you do it?
Do what?

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
Ed4S_Keller
Scratcher
3 posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

That would be so cool But is it possible? I mean anything is possible but the weird thing is that you can only copy and paste texts but not images. If we could copy and paste images though, I would be happy and life in scratch would be much easier than before.

Last edited by Ed4S_Keller (July 28, 2018 06:04:43)

xCloudKid
Scratcher
5 posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

awesomegames123 wrote:

ok i think that you should be able to copy and paste pictures into scratch sprites and backrounds, this will save me so much time. It is very annoying to have to save an image, import it, then delete it. This will save everyone so much time! Pls support. the image will be placed on the clipboard, then pasted into the editor!!

Oh and maybe this is a nice feature, i have to import all sprites into paint to get right resolution on offline editor, perhaps scratch could do this for me automatically! Overall i think this is a great possible update. This feature not implemented is already a huge problem in schools.
yes, thats true but hardly anyoneone knows that and also for the folder you'll have to make lots, one for each game. And the order gets totallly messed up, so using this block is impossible.

(costume #)
This is because the folder saves them in alphabetical order.

edit: Anyway say you're learning this at school, like MANY people are. You are only limited to like 300mb at most places, at leasted in the uk. If you do that there you are going to run out of space VERY QUICKLY, so you're back to saving, opening right folder, finding right image, importing, then opening right folder, finding it, deleting it and then deleting it for the trash. And so far in my school no one has used the folder thing (you can insert a folder then delete the folder), so i'm not sure how popular that is and how many people know it.
Even if people did know it, this block will get messed up, as a folder mostly saves in alphabetical order.

PLS READ
Some people such as blaze 349 have pointed out an issue that might prevent this from being implemented, perhaps it could only happen in the offline editor if it is not possible on the website..

So far nearly everyone has supported! yay!!!!! even paddle2see supports (well, kinda) http://scratch.mit.edu/users/Paddle2See/#comments-2741621

oh and pls check out my new block topic!!!

I think this would be a great idea. I support but why can't we just use the image thing?
Mapword
Scratcher
5 posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

I support this immensely, why do we need to go through such a hassle? If there's a reason, Scratch Team, please just let us know!
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

Mapword wrote:

I support this immensely, why do we need to go through such a hassle? If there's a reason, Scratch Team, please just let us know!
This suggestion has been accepted and currently works in the scratch paint editor, if you have any problems with this please post in the Bugs and Glitches forum , otherwise, please refrain from necroposting.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰
Forum helper | boy | platformers | 14yrs | guitar | website

Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

COPYING AND PASTING!!!

--Explosion-- wrote:

This suggestion has been accepted and currently works in the scratch paint editor, if you have any problems with this please post in the Bugs and Glitches forum , otherwise, please refrain from necroposting.

Necroposting is allowed on this forum but they're not adding to it so it doesn't count. I'll help you out with reporting though.

Nammy

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!