Discuss Scratch

ampara
Scratcher
92 posts

Transformations Extension Suggestion

Last edited by ampara (June 21, 2020 03:24:13)

Popsicled
Scratcher
3 posts

support! This is amazing; I really hope the ST adds this extension

Last edited by Popsicled (June 20, 2020 02:54:11)

InfinitScratch
Scratcher
4 posts

This is incredible; the concept makes complete sense, and it would be super useful to all Scratchers, especially those who don't have outside programs to make separate costumes for what you've just illustrated here. I'd love to see it come to fruition if the Scratch Team can develop this, and I completely endorse this proposal. Great work @qucchia and @ampara

Last edited by InfinitScratch (June 20, 2020 02:46:55)

UnstripedZebra
Scratcher
10 posts

Amazing! I would find these very useful for making games and animations on Scratch!
Mazmythic
Scratcher
11 posts

I support!
Incro
Scratcher
18 posts

I will be eager to use this when it is implemented - I can foresee myself using this for game transitions and general effects. Please consider this Scratch Team.

Last edited by Incro (June 20, 2020 03:20:27)

--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Total support! This would be AWESOME! lol

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰
Forum helper | boy | platformers | 14yrs | guitar | website

--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also these mockups are amazing! Has anyone made any of the actual coding for these blocks yet?

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰
Forum helper | boy | platformers | 14yrs | guitar | website

Vectoriii
Scratcher
1 post

Support!
-Ekmand-
Scratcher
8 posts

Support!!!!!
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

Support. Those mock-ups look beautiful, and considering that this is supports the “wide walls” aspect of Scratch's design principles by allowing the creation of completely new and different things.

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
ampara
Scratcher
92 posts

--Explosion-- wrote:

Also these mockups are amazing! Has anyone made any of the actual coding for these blocks yet?

Not yet. We plan to try though!

ResExsention wrote:

Support. Those mock-ups look beautiful, and considering that this is supports the “wide walls” aspect of Scratch's design principles by allowing the creation of completely new and different things.

Thank you!
TonyBrown148
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support! Makes some type of animations easier!
Here are my opinion about this:
Low floors: Not very hard to understand.
Wide walls: Adds a bunch of new ideas.
High ceiling: Probably the same.
Implementation difficulty: Easy

Base64url of SHA-384 of signature BBCode (Google it for all my posts): Y9HICbv1WbHQp9NIeBx-tBm1m6EwLzVSB7b1bPnZ6E9MU5uDyh4q2L5iLCQMQrBB
Generation 378: The first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment. I did not start this.
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 81.0, Flash 32.0 (release 0)
(^_^)//This is Jury, my evil kumquat guard. He is a good kumquat.
Give me some internets!
;
qucchia
Scratcher
100+ posts

I obviously support! This would be extremely useful for many 3D projects and wouldn't be too hard to implement since there are probably already JavaScript functions that can transform sprites like that.
ContourLines
Scratcher
500+ posts

Full support. This would really help with 3d animations and extend the reaches of scratch. Although, this function might be quite hard to program…
lol, how you are making these suggestions, ampara, makes me want to spend hours on my posts too xD

Last edited by ContourLines (June 20, 2020 09:08:52)

idk anymore
ContourLines
Scratcher
500+ posts

qucchia wrote:

I obviously support! This would be extremely useful for many 3D projects and wouldn't be too hard to implement since there are probably already JavaScript functions that can transform sprites like that.
I guess, assuming that the run screen uses the html <canvas> element than I believe that is possible.

idk anymore
Alchemyste
Scratcher
1 post

this is a great idea
CeIIs
Scratcher
2 posts

I totally support the idea! It would be a very helpful tool in game visuals, animations, and much more! This could likely make up for a lot of missing warping functions in the Scratch graphics editor while also introducing something even professional design programs could not replace: code-controlled warping! I am all for implementing this in Scratch c:
kitten769
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Massive support. This could be used in so many different ways to create so many different things. From my knowledge, it wouldn't be too hard to implement either and would really expand the kind of things you can make with Scratch.

garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

First, let me tell you that that was the best post I've ever seen.

I really like this! I hate having to go into my preferred drawing program, drawing what I want, and using a tool to make it like that! Then I have to export it as an SVG, and that is just tedious, and takes up a good half hour of my day, or with this it would only take me 30 seconds to get the extension, and click a block. Mega support!

-garnet