Discuss Scratch

jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Super Mario Bros SB Collab (Closed)

Hey, I found this page with a bunch of New Super Mario Bros Wii sprites in it!
https://www.spriters-resource.com/wii/newsupermariobroswii

The one's we'll probably use the most are these Tilesets and Backgrounds.
I also have a few cool ideas we could do with these Level Preview Banners too!

Last edited by jettypumpkin07 (June 13, 2020 01:40:08)

-jettypumpkin07 Profile ~ GitHub ~ Wiki Edits ~ Stats ~ Posts
I haven't really been active much since 2021. I now mostly look at / help with other people's projects, answer questions on the forums and work on stuff in other programming languages like JavaScript. Scratch is still awesome and I don't think I'll be leaving it any time soon. <3

Check out ocular, a Scratch forum search tool by jeffalo that helps find lost posts, or the Hidden Blocks TurboWarp extension I helped create that has a bunch of useful hacked blocks ready to add to your Scratch projects. (PR for details, see the Hidden Blocks category to the left of the editor.)

Super Mario World Maker 3.0 Update coming soon ~ Suggest what you want added!

The state of my life right now (I'm in Grade 12 next year):

Bonus image for Extension users and Inspect Element bois:

I'm the guy who made the ‘Multiple rows in backpack’ addon btw, you should try it!
b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

Hey, I found this page with a bunch of New Super Mario Bros Wii sprites in it!
https://www.spriters-resource.com/wii/newsupermariobroswii
Actually, we don’t need that stuff. I have lots of sprites already. Have you played the game? Just to clarify, if the image isn’t on the internet you can get it out of the actual game?

Last edited by b1048546 (June 13, 2020 01:31:20)

jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

b1048546 wrote:

Actually, we don’t need that stuff. I have lots of sprites already. Have you played the game? Just to clarify, if the image isn’t on the internet you can get it out of the actual game?
I have a Wii console and used to play that game heaps, but I don't want to rip stuff from the disc or anything bad.
The files are probably encrypted in some sort too, so it would be much easier just to use the Spriters Resource website.

I haven't really been active much since 2021. I now mostly look at / help with other people's projects, answer questions on the forums and work on stuff in other programming languages like JavaScript. Scratch is still awesome and I don't think I'll be leaving it any time soon. <3

Check out ocular, a Scratch forum search tool by jeffalo that helps find lost posts, or the Hidden Blocks TurboWarp extension I helped create that has a bunch of useful hacked blocks ready to add to your Scratch projects. (PR for details, see the Hidden Blocks category to the left of the editor.)

I'm the guy who made the ‘Multiple rows in backpack’ addon btw, you should try it!
b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

I have a Wii console and used to play that game heaps, but I don't want to rip stuff from the disc or anything bad.
The files are probably encrypted in some sort too, so it would be much easier just to use the Spriters Resource website.
Alright, we’ll use what we have. In that case we should probably get rid of the sprite ripper job.
T-tario
Scratcher
100+ posts

b1048546 wrote:

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

Alright, we’ll use what we have. In that case we should probably get rid of the sprite ripper job.
Are we going to start from scratch again?

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

T-tario wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

No
T-tario
Scratcher
100+ posts

b1048546 wrote:

T-tario wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

No
k

jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What have you made so far? Anything working?

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

What have you made so far? Anything working?
I mean check the studio.
jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

b1048546 wrote:

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

Does that mean I'm a programmer now?

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

b1048546 wrote:

Does that mean I'm a programmer now?
Yes?
jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I just tried a few of the projects, and quickly noticed that some graphics have been destroyed.
You do know that Scratch now supports 960x720 graphics, right?
It could make the game look much better if we remake some of the costumes at this res.

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

I just tried a few of the projects, and quickly noticed that some graphics have been destroyed.
You do know that Scratch now supports 960x720 graphics, right?
It could make the game look much better if we remake some of the costumes at this res.
Uh, what do you mean? The graphics look fine, yes I know about 960x720.

Last edited by b1048546 (June 13, 2020 02:50:16)

jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I have designed a logo idea for the project!
I think we should call it “New Super Mario Bros. SB”, a bit like the Scratch project filetype, ‘.sb’.

jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why are there so many different forums for this collab? Is there one where we can all communicate easily?

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

Why are there so many different forums for this collab? Is there one where we can all communicate easily?
This one. Assuming we remember to bump this one, this once is official.
b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

I have designed a logo idea for the project!
I think we should call it “New Super Mario Bros. SB”, a bit like the Scratch project filetype, ‘.sb’.
.sb? Isn’t that a little weird?
T-tario
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey, I made a template thingy: 2tryfwetrgtgweytgftrgwgfyrgewgfrvfrgwygfgwygwerbvhrneuhy

Is it good >?

b1048546
Scratcher
1000+ posts

T-tario wrote:

Hey, I made a template thingy: 2tryfwetrgtgweytgftrgwgfyrgewgfrvfrgwygfgwygwerbvhrneuhy

Is it good >?
Actually, I liked the grassland template you already made.
T-tario
Scratcher
100+ posts

b1048546 wrote:

T-tario wrote:

Is it good >?
Actually, I liked the grassland template you already made.
oki, but can i change the color of the text on that one?