Discuss Scratch

gigapouch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

I'm posting a topic here because none of the other sb2 to exe converter topics helped me. The converter at http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJLhOdd which was advertised in the wiki is a trojan. The converter found http://programandofuturo.wix.com/escuelaenlinea#!descargas/c1usw
]here/url] won't download. So my suggestion is, why not put this feature in the next version in Scratch when it comes out?

I have a Steam account. If you have one too, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Also check out my YouTube channel if you like the outdoors, Minecraft, cars, roller coasters, etc.
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

gigapouch wrote:

I'm posting a topic here because none of the other sb2 to exe converter topics helped me. The converter at http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJLhOdd which was advertised in the wiki is a trojan. The converter found http://programandofuturo.wix.com/escuelaenlinea#!descargas/c1usw
]here/url] won't download. So my suggestion is, why not put this feature in the next version in Scratch when it comes out?
Sorry to hear you are having such trouble getting this to work! Did you tell any of the Wiki editors about the Trojan? That sounds dangerous - how did you find out that it was malware?

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)



;
drmcw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

Not official but have you tried http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/17019203/ ?

The Chinese link was originally removed due to a Trojan but then re-posted. Haven't tried myself as not worth the risk and it's all in Chinese. But some have reported it as ok and it's on the wiki. Would need someone braver than me to test it though to conform one way or the other.

10 !
ScratchVaders or Galaga?
Maybe Eliza can help you decide?
scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

I mentioned it on the wiki http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Talk:Porting_Scratch_Projects#Trojan.3F

Retired Community Moderator
BTW, i run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 on a Linux system - Ubuntu 14.04. NEW: iPad 4th gen. w/retina.

418 I'm a teapot (original - to be read by bored computer geeks)
THE GAME (you just lost)
; THE SEMICOLON LIVES ON IN OUR SIGS
gigapouch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

Paddle2See wrote:

gigapouch wrote:

I'm posting a topic here because none of the other sb2 to exe converter topics helped me. The converter at http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJLhOdd which was advertised in the wiki is a trojan. The converter found http://programandofuturo.wix.com/escuelaenlinea#!descargas/c1usw
]here/url] won't download. So my suggestion is, why not put this feature in the next version in Scratch when it comes out?
Sorry to hear you are having such trouble getting this to work! Did you tell any of the Wiki editors about the Trojan? That sounds dangerous - how did you find out that it was malware?

Other people told me it was malware. It may have been removed from the wiki, but the one currently in the wiki requires other separate installations in order to complete the main one.

I have a Steam account. If you have one too, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Also check out my YouTube channel if you like the outdoors, Minecraft, cars, roller coasters, etc.
gigapouch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

drmcw wrote:

Not official but have you tried http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/17019203/ ?

The Chinese link was originally removed due to a Trojan but then re-posted. Haven't tried myself as not worth the risk and it's all in Chinese. But some have reported it as ok and it's on the wiki. Would need someone braver than me to test it though to conform one way or the other.

@Paddle2See: ^^

@all:

Yes, I have tried that. procd compiled one of my simpler projects, which can be downloaded here: https://app.box.com/s/22pwnjsa7h7n7e9sj0sc

Last edited by gigapouch (June 5, 2014 20:33:31)


I have a Steam account. If you have one too, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Also check out my YouTube channel if you like the outdoors, Minecraft, cars, roller coasters, etc.
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

gigapouch wrote:

drmcw wrote:

Not official but have you tried http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/17019203/ ?

The Chinese link was originally removed due to a Trojan but then re-posted. Haven't tried myself as not worth the risk and it's all in Chinese. But some have reported it as ok and it's on the wiki. Would need someone braver than me to test it though to conform one way or the other.

@Paddle2See: ^^

@all:

Yes, I have tried that. procd compiled one of my simpler projects, which can be downloaded here: https://app.box.com/s/22pwnjsa7h7n7e9sj0sc
For now I commented out the section on the Wiki page. Not sure who put the link there in the first place but I'll check the history.

gigapouch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

Bump

I saw a video on Youtube about this but it was for the older Scratch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4G8dR49z9A

I have a Steam account. If you have one too, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Also check out my YouTube channel if you like the outdoors, Minecraft, cars, roller coasters, etc.
jh1234l
Scratcher
100+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

gigapouch wrote:

I'm posting a topic here because none of the other sb2 to exe converter topics helped me. The converter at http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJLhOdd which was advertised in the wiki is a trojan. The converter found http://programandofuturo.wix.com/escuelaenlinea#!descargas/c1usw
]here/url] won't download. So my suggestion is, why not put this feature in the next version in Scratch when it comes out?

The Chinese link is an online file storage website (cloud computing), and absolutely anyone can post, including someone with a malicious intent, so it sounds shady.

Two Advertising and sharing groups:
Scratch Cat's Hideout: Home Page / Advertise! / Members / Write A Review / Read A Review / FAQs
Scratching fame:

gigapouch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

Bump

I really want this to be built into Scratch 2.1 or 2.2!!

I have a Steam account. If you have one too, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Also check out my YouTube channel if you like the outdoors, Minecraft, cars, roller coasters, etc.
NitroDragon147
Scratcher
84 posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

gigapouch wrote:

Bump

I really want this to be built into Scratch 2.1 or 2.2!!

Same here!

The King of Unfinished Projects est. 2013

(Don't tell people you're starting a project until it's 75% finished)
Rex208
Scratcher
500+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

Support.

Superandultra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

No support, scratch isn't for big things like actual games, let alone a game maker at all. But I do like the idea!

“Quoting yourself is a lazy and poor attempt at trying to make your argument seem professional and intimidating”-Superandultra 2015
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

Superandultra wrote:

No support, scratch isn't for big things like actual games, let alone a game maker at all. But I do like the idea!
Ouchhhh, please don't do enormous necrobumps! To be honest, many SB > XXX converters have been declined anyhow, so there isn't a need to bring this back up from the grave anyhow.
Superandultra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

cheeseeater wrote:

Ouchhhh, please don't do enormous necrobumps! To be honest, many SB > XXX converters have been declined anyhow, so there isn't a need to bring this back up from the grave anyhow.

I don't see how three days is old.

“Quoting yourself is a lazy and poor attempt at trying to make your argument seem professional and intimidating”-Superandultra 2015
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

Superandultra wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

Ouchhhh, please don't do enormous necrobumps! To be honest, many SB > XXX converters have been declined anyhow, so there isn't a need to bring this back up from the grave anyhow.

I don't see how three days is old.
Sorry, I meant to quote one of the people above, because they necrobumped 6 months.
rtwodtwo
Scratcher
26 posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

God, i want the sb2 to exe converter… I downloaded one that opened or looked like 7-zip… ? Not on my computer though… Schools… … … …. … *dont judge!* it didn't seem to be malware but i dont remember the download site… I never had the time to convert a file… try it out for yourself… Keep the virus scanner ready…
ask [Why are all of them that work viruses???] and wait
Superandultra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

rtwodtwo wrote:

God, i want the sb2 to exe converter… I downloaded one that opened or looked like 7-zip… ? Not on my computer though… Schools… … … …. … *dont judge!* it didn't seem to be malware but i dont remember the download site… I never had the time to convert a file… try it out for yourself… Keep the virus scanner ready…
ask [Why are all of them that work viruses???] and wait

*Necrobumping intensifies*

“Quoting yourself is a lazy and poor attempt at trying to make your argument seem professional and intimidating”-Superandultra 2015
rtwodtwo
Scratcher
26 posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

Superandultra wrote:

rtwodtwo wrote:

God, i want the sb2 to exe converter… I downloaded one that opened or looked like 7-zip… ? Not on my computer though… Schools… … … …. … *dont judge!* it didn't seem to be malware but i dont remember the download site… I never had the time to convert a file… try it out for yourself… Keep the virus scanner ready…
ask [Why are all of them that work viruses???] and wait

*Necrobumping intensifies*
Seriuosly? why did you say that again?
Phanthomphax
Scratcher
73 posts

Official sb2 to exe converter

I wanted an SB2-EXE although they hate that, how can I do games on a desktop than in the website, it bores me

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile