Discuss Scratch

JJROCKER
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 2.0 will be released on May 9

For me, Cloud doesn't work properly, video does not work properly, sounds don't work at all, I can't get on the front page and there are so many more glitches that still haven't been fixed for me.
LiFaytheGoblin
Forum Moderator
1000+ posts

AWESOME! I'm so happy

Deutsch, English, Français, Español, Nederlands
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language

scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JJROCKER wrote:

This isn't good
Why??

Retired Community Moderator
BTW, i run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 on a Linux system - Ubuntu 14.04. NEW: iPad 4th gen. w/retina.

418 I'm a teapot (original - to be read by bored computer geeks)
THE GAME (you just lost)
; THE SEMICOLON LIVES ON IN OUR SIGS
JJROCKER
Scratcher
100+ posts

scimonster wrote:

JJROCKER wrote:

This isn't good
Why??
I explained it above.
legobob23o
Scratcher
19 posts

Happy to hear!

OHaiDer.
Gaza101
Scratcher
500+ posts

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaza101: retired member of the Scratch 2.0 Transition Team

CheeseMunchy
Scratcher
100+ posts

JJROCKER wrote:

scimonster wrote:

JJROCKER wrote:

This isn't good
Why??
I explained it above.
The ST will obviously still be working on glitches after 2.0 is released.

Running Google Chrome on Windows 7.

Unidentified Flying Glitch
MrLog
Scratcher
33 posts

This isn't good
yes, it is
if I have to be honest, it was a little hard getting used to 2.0. But there are just so many good things about it, that it's really worth getting used to!

Anyway, does anybody know when the downloadable version will be available? It'd be nice if it could be during the time where we have no scratch, but I do doubt that it could be released so quickly…
JJROCKER
Scratcher
100+ posts

MrLog wrote:

This isn't good
yes, it is
if I have to be honest, it was a little hard getting used to 2.0. But there are just so many good things about it, that it's really worth getting used to!

Anyway, does anybody know when the downloadable version will be available? It'd be nice if it could be during the time where we have no scratch, but I do doubt that it could be released so quickly…
Read what I wrote above. I was one of the first to join 2.0 because I was in the second round of people added and I think I'd be more used to it than you. That's not the reason why I don't think it's good.
JJROCKER
Scratcher
100+ posts

CheeseMunchy wrote:

JJROCKER wrote:

scimonster wrote:

JJROCKER wrote:

This isn't good
Why??
I explained it above.
The ST will obviously still be working on glitches after 2.0 is released.
Here's the problem. During beta, it's okay to have glitches but for a beta, not being able to do anything is pretty bad. Now, they're saying that it will be officially released but that's not good at all because it means that I can't do anything in Scratch either. Some of these glitches I reported months ago and nothing has changed so what does that mean for when Scratch is officially released? Right now, because Scratch 1.4 is still available, I can still use it but once everything is transferred to 2.0, I can't do anything at all.

Last edited by JJROCKER (April 25, 2013 20:01:37)

yoland
Scratcher
68 posts

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Scratch Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDIT: When are the cloud list and offline version going to be out? Too many bugs/glitchs right now

Last edited by yoland (May 1, 2013 15:46:22)

Yllie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Amazing work Scratch Team! Two questions though; will there be a offline version of Scratch 2.0? And will there be any limit for the cloud lists later on?

Yllie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Last edited by Yllie (April 25, 2013 20:26:04)

Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nomolos wrote:

YES YES YES!!! Although really, I was waiting for cloud lists.

OH WELL! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!! THANK YOU ST! WHOO!

I'm going to miss the old site….

YES YES YES!!

Wow, I'm mood swinging.

NO I'M NOT!

This is such an awesome post - I think it totally reflects how a lot of us feel - mixed emotions! We've all spent a lot of time on the old site, and in some ways it feels like home. It'll take a while before the new site starts to feel that way. So I get the whole sad / happy thing.
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yllie wrote:

Amazing work Scratch Team! Two questions though; will there be a offline version of Scratch 2.0? And will there be any limit for the cloud lists later on?

1) Yes! We're planning on releasing the offline version in the Summer.

2) There may be a limit to cloud lists - not sure yet! But we do plan to allow strings soon after the release.
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JJROCKER wrote:

Here's the problem. During beta, it's okay to have glitches but for a beta, not being able to do anything is pretty bad. Now, they're saying that it will be officially released but that's not good at all because it means that I can't do anything in Scratch either. Some of these glitches I reported months ago and nothing has changed so what does that mean for when Scratch is officially released? Right now, because Scratch 1.4 is still available, I can still use it but once everything is transferred to 2.0, I can't do anything at all.

Oh, you can still use 1.4 after the release! And look for a homepage fix to come out tomorrow (please help test!) Meanwhile - you mentioned sound problems? I haven't seen those. If others have confirmed, please be sure it's posted in the bugs and glitches forum, so we can test / reproduce.

Last edited by Lightnin (April 25, 2013 20:55:43)

cmot
Scratcher
89 posts

YAY YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(YOU JUST LOST THE GAME.)
davidkt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YAY!

Remember when I looked like this? I still do.

Float, my Scratch 2.0 mod | My (somewhat under-construction) blog
davidkt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lightnin wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

YES YES YES!!! Although really, I was waiting for cloud lists.

OH WELL! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!! THANK YOU ST! WHOO!

I'm going to miss the old site….

YES YES YES!!

Wow, I'm mood swinging.

NO I'M NOT!

This is such an awesome post - I think it totally reflects how a lot of us feel - mixed emotions! We've all spent a lot of time on the old site, and in some ways it feels like home. It'll take a while before the new site starts to feel that way. So I get the whole sad / happy thing.
I agree. I always kind of feel that there's something missing on the new site. I miss the old site. Wait! 2.0 is awesome! but it makes me miss my old site … OH NOT AGAIN! no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Last edited by davidkt (April 25, 2013 21:06:51)

Remember when I looked like this? I still do.

Float, my Scratch 2.0 mod | My (somewhat under-construction) blog
JJROCKER
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lightnin wrote:

JJROCKER wrote:

Oh, you can still use 1.4 after the release! And look for a homepage fix to come out tomorrow (please help test!) Meanwhile - you mentioned sound problems? I haven't seen those. If others have confirmed, please be sure it's posted in the bugs and glitches forum, so we can test / reproduce.
Okay, thanks! I did post it in the bugs and glitches forum but the only response I got didn't really help me out but they said they had a similar problem.