Discuss Scratch

FormulaFanboyYT
Scratcher
51 posts

Could somebody please make a mod that ups the clone limit?

Title is self-explanatory. A mod for Scratch 3 that either removes or increases the clone limit by a decent amount.

Also, any way to upload multiple extensions when using this converter? https://sheeptester.github.io/words-go-here/htmlifier/
My project already has an extension and I wish to be able to have more than one.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by FormulaFanboyYT (May 15, 2020 15:51:47)

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This function needs to be changed: https://github.com/LLK/scratch-vm/blob/develop/src/engine/runtime.js#L704-L710

Last edited by Maximouse (May 15, 2020 17:30:46)

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
ElsieBreeze
Scratcher
100+ posts

Maximouse wrote:

This function needs to be changed: https://github.com/LLK/scratch-vm/blob/develop/src/engine/runtime.js#L704-L710
Hold on a second, why the heckers is a constant value a function?!?! Doesn't javascript have constant values for a reason? Surely having it be a function that does nothing but return a number is a bit silly?
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ElsieBreeze wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

Hold on a second, why the heckers is a constant value a function?!?! Doesn't javascript have constant values for a reason? Surely having it be a function that does nothing but return a number is a bit silly?
This strange practice is used in multiple places in Scratch source code for some reason.
EDIT: Maybe it's because it's inside a class and classes can currently only contain functions?

Last edited by Maximouse (May 15, 2020 17:50:37)

DontClickThisPlease
Scratcher
8 posts

Maximouse wrote:

ElsieBreeze wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

This strange practice is used in multiple places in Scratch source code for some reason.
EDIT: Maybe it's because it's inside a class and classes can currently only contain functions?
Nope, you can do
class Test{
}
Test.variable="hi";
console.log(Test.variable==="hi") //true
FormulaFanboyYT
Scratcher
51 posts

Thank you for this help! However, I'm not all too experienced in this sort of thing; how would I go about adding this to scratch? And keep in mind that I need it to still work when converting it to HTML using SheepMaker's converter (https://sheeptester.github.io/words-go-here/htmlifier/)

Last edited by FormulaFanboyYT (May 15, 2020 17:59:38)

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FormulaFanboyYT wrote:

Thank you for this help! However, I'm not all too experienced in this sort of thing; how would I go about adding this to scratch? And keep in mind that I need it to still work when converting it to HTML using SheepMaker's converter (https://sheeptester.github.io/words-go-here/htmlifier/)
This guide should help. But you would probably also need to modify the HTMLifier…

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maximouse wrote:

That was true; properties would have to be set in the constructor, and static properties can be set outside the class as shown by DontClickThisPlease. Using a getter keeps everything inside the class declaration, I'm guessing

However, since JavaScript has class fields now, they could now simply do
class Wow {
  static CONSTANT = 4
}
console.log(Wow.CONSTANT) // 4
though it might be a bit too new for them

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
ElsieBreeze
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

That was true; properties would have to be set in the constructor, and static properties can be set outside the class as shown by DontClickThisPlease. Using a getter keeps everything inside the class declaration, I'm guessing

class Wow {
  static CONSTANT = 4
}
What's stopping functions inside `Wow` accessing CONSTANT via `this.CONSTANT` within functions? Then you can avoid getters, no?
FormulaFanboyYT
Scratcher
51 posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

class Wow {
  static CONSTANT = 4
}

So how would I make an HTML using the HTMLifier that can ditch the clone limit, or increase it to something much higher (like, say, 1500)? Really all that matters is that I have it working in the converted HTML, as well as having an extension loaded. How should I do this? Bare in mind that I am on a Windows PC.

Last edited by FormulaFanboyYT (May 15, 2020 18:14:11)

FormulaFanboyYT
Scratcher
51 posts

Maximouse wrote:

FormulaFanboyYT wrote:

This guide should help. But you would probably also need to modify the HTMLifier…

Oof, that guide looks very linux based, and sadly I'm on Windows 10. Also, about modifying the HTMLifier, how would I do that? Wouldn't sheep_maker have to do that, or is there some way I can make a temporary change or something?
ElsieBreeze
Scratcher
100+ posts

FormulaFanboyYT wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

FormulaFanboyYT wrote:

Oof, that guide looks very linux based, and sadly I'm on Windows 10. Also, about modifying the HTMLifier, how would I do that? Wouldn't sheep_maker have to do that, or is there some way I can make a temporary change or something?
Why does it look linux based? Command Prompts exists on Windows, all four commands (git, cd, npm and yarn) exist on Windows in one form or another. There's no real indication it's aimed at Linux, more that it needs you to use a command line, which existed before Linux (and maybe Unix, I'm not sure exactly about the chronology of the first operating system that could use a terminal?)
FormulaFanboyYT
Scratcher
51 posts

Hey, I was able to do it! I downloaded the HTMLifier as an HTML, opened it in notepad and changed the clone limit from 300 to 1500. Thank you all so much! If anyone in the future has this problem, let me know and I can send you the HTML file with the higher clone limit (or really any limit you desire).
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ElsieBreeze wrote:

Why does it look linux based? Command Prompts exists on Windows, all four commands (git, cd, npm and yarn) exist on Windows in one form or another. There's no real indication it's aimed at Linux, more that it needs you to use a command line, which existed before Linux (and maybe Unix, I'm not sure exactly about the chronology of the first operating system that could use a terminal?)
Most parts of Scratch can only be built on Linux (or in WSL).