Discuss Scratch

Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

Spycapt54 wrote:

We have names for the new characters.

The Origami King is named Olly and our companion is named Olivia. These two are siblings.
Coincidental

Twin138956Scratch - Be Moist!

| Height: 5'11" (182 cm) | Weight: 157 lbs. | Color: Blue | OS: Windows 10 | State: MA | Follower Rank: 259th | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 |
=====
Forum Posts Made: [1,000]/1,000
Scratcher of the Month: TheGamer501

Joke of the Week: Teacher: When my future children ask me about my highschool graduation… And how I answer: “The graduation was great! But the reception was terrible.” (credit to me lol)
lol
LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

Twin138956Scratch wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

We have names for the new characters.

The Origami King is named Olly and our companion is named Olivia. These two are siblings.
Coincidental
When two character's names are Oliver and Olivia, it's pretty safe to say they're siblings xD


lachlanatbakewell
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

I'm actually pretty hyped.

Seems like it's taking what we LIKED from color splash and putting it in this

Last edited by lachlanatbakewell (May 15, 2020 01:21:53)


Just a weirdo who chills here from time to time.
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

I'm actually pretty hyped.

Seems like it's taking what we LIKED from color splash and putting it in this
Plus the locations look even better, characters are more expressive, the combat looks interesting, an original antagonist, and the return of partner characters.
LandonHarter
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

*Post-game origami instructions not included
dual_creator43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

Spycapt54 wrote:

In the RPGs, Bowser is almost always one of the best characters. The writers give him so much personality and comedic value.

Super Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story are peak Bowser in my opinion.
BOWSER'S ARMS!!!

I'm dual_creator43, and I hope I've done well with anything. (Projects, forum replies, etc.) My Scratch habits include:
  • checking my inbox
  • being active in the forums
  • working on my projects (sometimes)
Check out more about me by clicking here or here. Happy Scratching!

My most famous quote: “Nothing good ever comes from posting near the end of a page.”
This is probably the best post anyone has ever made for me.
Don't you hate it when your signature isn't big enough to show everything you put in it?

But I guess it doesn't matter since you're using Ctrl+Shift+↓.
LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

dual_creator43 wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

In the RPGs, Bowser is almost always one of the best characters. The writers give him so much personality and comedic value.

Super Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story are peak Bowser in my opinion.
BOWSER'S ARMS!!!
*arms fly off and away*


Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

LegoManiac04 wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

In the RPGs, Bowser is almost always one of the best characters. The writers give him so much personality and comedic value.

Super Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story are peak Bowser in my opinion.
BOWSER'S ARMS!!!
*arms fly off and away*
*says “BOWSER!!!” in the distance*

Twin138956Scratch - Be Moist!

| Height: 5'11" (182 cm) | Weight: 157 lbs. | Color: Blue | OS: Windows 10 | State: MA | Follower Rank: 259th | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 |
=====
Forum Posts Made: [1,000]/1,000
Scratcher of the Month: TheGamer501

Joke of the Week: Teacher: When my future children ask me about my highschool graduation… And how I answer: “The graduation was great! But the reception was terrible.” (credit to me lol)
lol
Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

Color Splash is a name of a version I heard years ago.

Twin138956Scratch - Be Moist!

| Height: 5'11" (182 cm) | Weight: 157 lbs. | Color: Blue | OS: Windows 10 | State: MA | Follower Rank: 259th | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 |
=====
Forum Posts Made: [1,000]/1,000
Scratcher of the Month: TheGamer501

Joke of the Week: Teacher: When my future children ask me about my highschool graduation… And how I answer: “The graduation was great! But the reception was terrible.” (credit to me lol)
lol
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

Za-Chary wrote:

To me it sorta looks like another game in the Color Splash series. But the story (evil Peach, team with Bowser) seems interesting. I also like how, in the artwork on the OP, the only one who looks confident is Toad.
toad is best boi no matter what
LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

To me it sorta looks like another game in the Color Splash series. But the story (evil Peach, team with Bowser) seems interesting. I also like how, in the artwork on the OP, the only one who looks confident is Toad.
toad is best boi no matter what


Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

I know there is a lot in the air about what's going to be in the game and how good the combat will be but that's the exact reason why I think some people are being too hard on the game. Yes, it's not Thousand-Year Door 2. However, it doesn't have to be TTYD 2 in order to be a good game. As much as I want to play TTYD, a few vocal fans are getting annoying. We have barley seen the combat, I wish people would save their complaints and judgments for when we actually see how combat works. It might be different, but it still has potential to feel like Paper Mario.

I really hope there are some more original characters. The return of partners and an original antagonist are leaps in the right direction, though.
Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

Spycapt54 wrote:

I know there is a lot in the air about what's going to be in the game and how good the combat will be but that's the exact reason why I think some people are being too hard on the game. Yes, it's not Thousand-Year Door 2. However, it doesn't have to be TTYD 2 in order to be a good game. As much as I want to play TTYD, a few vocal fans are getting annoying. We have barley seen the combat, I wish people would save their complaints and judgments for when we actually see how combat works. It might be different, but it still has potential to feel like Paper Mario.

I really hope there are some more original characters. The return of partners and an original antagonist are leaps in the right direction, though.
:O

Twin138956Scratch - Be Moist!

| Height: 5'11" (182 cm) | Weight: 157 lbs. | Color: Blue | OS: Windows 10 | State: MA | Follower Rank: 259th | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 |
=====
Forum Posts Made: [1,000]/1,000
Scratcher of the Month: TheGamer501

Joke of the Week: Teacher: When my future children ask me about my highschool graduation… And how I answer: “The graduation was great! But the reception was terrible.” (credit to me lol)
lol
Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

LegoManiac04 wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

To me it sorta looks like another game in the Color Splash series. But the story (evil Peach, team with Bowser) seems interesting. I also like how, in the artwork on the OP, the only one who looks confident is Toad.
toad is best boi no matter what
xD

Twin138956Scratch - Be Moist!

| Height: 5'11" (182 cm) | Weight: 157 lbs. | Color: Blue | OS: Windows 10 | State: MA | Follower Rank: 259th | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 |
=====
Forum Posts Made: [1,000]/1,000
Scratcher of the Month: TheGamer501

Joke of the Week: Teacher: When my future children ask me about my highschool graduation… And how I answer: “The graduation was great! But the reception was terrible.” (credit to me lol)
lol
TheNintendoFan2020
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

Twin138956Scratch wrote:

LegoManiac04 wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

To me it sorta looks like another game in the Color Splash series. But the story (evil Peach, team with Bowser) seems interesting. I also like how, in the artwork on the OP, the only one who looks confident is Toad.
toad is best boi no matter what
xD
talking about toad crashes paper mario

-ShinyRock-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

You know the “free demo” ad for the first Paper Mario, where it was just a picture of Mario that you can cut out? They should've done that again, but you have to fold the paper into origami

it's me, your local game developer with a weird and punny sense of humor. (genderfluid, current pronouns are , but you should just use they, it’s less confusing)
Have a look at some of my groovy projects: (these are links btw)







CactusQuills
Scratcher
500+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

-ShinyRock- wrote:

You know the “free demo” ad for the first Paper Mario, where it was just a picture of Mario that you can cut out? They should've done that again, but you have to fold the paper into origami
I Googled that ad and I found a Reddit post about it from 2012, and some of the comments were talking about how partners were confirmed for Sticker Star…

Big oof

Hello, I'm obsessed with Animal Crossing!

I apologize if anything I say comes off as rude. I probably wasn’t being serious.
Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

lookit

Twin138956Scratch - Be Moist!

| Height: 5'11" (182 cm) | Weight: 157 lbs. | Color: Blue | OS: Windows 10 | State: MA | Follower Rank: 259th | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 |
=====
Forum Posts Made: [1,000]/1,000
Scratcher of the Month: TheGamer501

Joke of the Week: Teacher: When my future children ask me about my highschool graduation… And how I answer: “The graduation was great! But the reception was terrible.” (credit to me lol)
lol
Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

TheNintendoFan2020 wrote:

Twin138956Scratch wrote:

LegoManiac04 wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

To me it sorta looks like another game in the Color Splash series. But the story (evil Peach, team with Bowser) seems interesting. I also like how, in the artwork on the OP, the only one who looks confident is Toad.
toad is best boi no matter what
(snip)
xD
talking about toad crashes paper mario
…yeah lol

Twin138956Scratch - Be Moist!

| Height: 5'11" (182 cm) | Weight: 157 lbs. | Color: Blue | OS: Windows 10 | State: MA | Follower Rank: 259th | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 |
=====
Forum Posts Made: [1,000]/1,000
Scratcher of the Month: TheGamer501

Joke of the Week: Teacher: When my future children ask me about my highschool graduation… And how I answer: “The graduation was great! But the reception was terrible.” (credit to me lol)
lol
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paper Mario: The Origami King Topic!

Just popping in here to say that if you're looking forward to Origami King you should go buy Bug Fables right now

this signature is now a reserved ribombee appreciation space

ok ribombee appreciation space over

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile