Discuss Scratch

28IbrahimT
Scratcher
17 posts

GalacticaOS Collaboration [Old Thread]

What should we call you, for short? 28IT
Which job would you like? Designer
Why do you want the job? I love working in scratch vector, and because of COVID-19 I can't do stuff that I'd usually do in the summer.
How skilled are you in your chosen job? Pretty good, but I'm still improving.
Will you be happy with your job? Yes
This is optional, but it might be helpful if you're considering a head post later: Do you have any examples of your work? https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/400577786/ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/400570743/ (These are my favorites, in my opinion)
Can you give a brief description of yourself (lol this is sounding more and more like a job interview)?: 10 year old male, lives in U.S.A
Oh, almost forgot! Can you please state how active you are? Percentage or out of 10, or out of 100, you ask? I don't care, you choose! I check scratch daily.
And finally, this is not a question. It's a requirement. BE NICE AND FRIENDLY OR LEAVE! lol I SHALL BE NICE (So I'm not leaving… Right?)
wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

28IbrahimT wrote:

What should we call you, for short? 28IT
Which job would you like? Designer
Why do you want the job? I love working in scratch vector, and because of COVID-19, I can't do stuff that I'd usually do in the summer.
How skilled are you in your chosen job? Pretty good, but I'm still improving.
Will you be happy with your job? Yes
This is optional, but it might be helpful if you're considering a head post later: Do you have any examples of your work? https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/400577786/ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/400570743/ (These are my favorites, in my opinion)
Can you give a brief description of yourself (lol this is sounding more and more like a job interview)?: 10-year-old male lives in the U.S.A
Oh, I almost forgot! Can you please state how active you are? Percentage or out of 10, or out of 100, you ask? I don't care, you choose! I check scratch daily.
And finally, this is not a question. It's a requirement. BE NICE AND FRIENDLY OR LEAVE! lol I SHALL BE NICE (So I'm not leaving… Right?)
Okay, accepted as a Designer!

Last edited by wolfgirl152312 (June 3, 2020 05:00:58)

meow meow meow
wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CashyTheCoin wrote:

My nickname is Cashy. This nickname is very easy to remember and no one should forget it.
I'm really sorry!

meow meow meow
An_Alien_In_Disguise
Scratcher
500+ posts

hey @galacticOSer's how was my intro?

wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

An_Alien_In_Disguise wrote:

who is the new head of ideas?
We'll have to decide it

meow meow meow
wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

An_Alien_In_Disguise wrote:

hey @galacticOSer's how was my intro?
I'm going to see it now, I haven't seen it yet (sorry! I was really busy) - can you send me the link?

meow meow meow
wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The poll will close in about 12 hours! It's okay if you cannot vote, by the way, but please try to vote if you can! And the activity check is over, I think (28IT doesn't have to reply, he just joined). @SockedMonster hasn't replied. I believe that @An_Alien_In_Disguise replied, they replied to somebody replying.

Last edited by KajTheModerator (June 4, 2020 03:07:24)

meow meow meow
jettypumpkin07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wolfgirl152312 wrote:

Did you write that? I thought we were talking about serious stuff…

Last edited by jettypumpkin07 (June 4, 2020 02:04:12)

-jettypumpkin07 Profile ~ GitHub ~ Wiki Edits ~ Stats ~ Posts
I haven't really been active much since 2021. I now mostly look at / help with other people's projects, answer questions on the forums and work on stuff in other programming languages like JavaScript. Scratch is still awesome and I don't think I'll be leaving it any time soon. <3

Check out ocular, a Scratch forum search tool by jeffalo that helps find lost posts, or the Hidden Blocks TurboWarp extension I helped create that has a bunch of useful hacked blocks ready to add to your Scratch projects. (PR for details, see the Hidden Blocks category to the left of the editor.)

Super Mario World Maker 3.0 Update coming soon ~ Suggest what you want added!

The state of my life right now (I'm in Grade 12 next year):

Bonus image for Extension users and Inspect Element bois:

I'm the guy who made the ‘Multiple rows in backpack’ addon btw, you should try it!
-MysticRose-
Scratcher
500+ posts

wolfgirl152312 wrote:

The poll will close in about 12 hours! It's okay if you cannot vote, by the way, but please try to vote if you can! And the activity check is over, I think (28IT doesn't have to reply, he just joined). @SockedMonster hasn't replied. I believe that @An_Alien_In_Disguise replied, they replied to somebody replying.

lol that's a funny troll xDDDDD

guys, they changed the colour and put it in italics xD

⊱ ☀ ⊰ ⊱──────────────────── ⤜‹⭒☀⭒›⤛ ────────────────────⊰ ⊱ ☀ ⊰

-MysticRose-
Scratcher
500+ posts

I had some ideas for logo design - I experimented with the star in the O and think it turned out ok
I also had an idea for an intro that woud fit
Here's the link :)

Reebooted21
Scratcher
100+ posts

-MysticRose- wrote:

I had some ideas for logo design - I experimented with the star in the O and think it turned out ok
Cool logo

You found an Evil Kumat ,Attack!
-MysticRose-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Reebooted21 wrote:

-MysticRose- wrote:

Cool logo

Thanks!

wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-MysticRose- wrote:

I also had an idea for an intro that would fit
Nice! I'm thinking of a more modern font, though - wait, did you use a font like Allegreya Sans or something? I just remembered that it looks like it.

meow meow meow
wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-MysticRose- wrote:

wolfgirl152312 wrote:

lol that's a funny troll xDDDDD

guys, they changed the color and put it in italics xD
Yeah, I wanted to try it out! I saw somebody doing it in another forum with their own username and with the time as tomorrow 00:00:00 but I thought that Kaj was much scarier lol. I didn't mean to scare anybody, though, it was a troll - I just wanted somebody to think what Cashy posted (or something similar) By the way, for anybody who wants to do it themselves, the hex code is #B3B9B8

meow meow meow
wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just letting y'all know that I (probably) won't be active tomorrow. First, I have to complete today's homework, ‘cause there was too much to complete in a day. Then, the classes for tomorrow. Then tomorrow’s homework. But chances are, I'll be on before 9 AM IST and after 8 PM IST.

By the way, a small tip for everybody who's designing UIs (I am too): If you want bold text in the vector editor, 1)choose your font (better to use Sans Serif), 2) Copy-paste it with the select tool 3)Place the duplicate over the original so that the text looks bold 4) Do the same over and over again until your text meets your desired thickness

meow meow meow
-MysticRose-
Scratcher
500+ posts

wolfgirl152312 wrote:

Just letting y'all know that I (probably) won't be active tomorrow. First, I have to complete today's homework, ‘cause there was too much to complete in a day. Then, the classes for tomorrow. Then tomorrow’s homework. But chances are, I'll be on before 9 AM IST and after 8 PM IST.

By the way, a small tip for everybody who's designing UIs (I am too): If you want bold text in the vector editor, 1)choose your font (better to use Sans Serif), 2) Copy-paste it with the select tool 3)Place the duplicate over the original so that the text looks bold 4) Do the same over and over again until your text meets your desired thickness

Or give the text an outline the same colour as the fill colour

wolfgirl152312 wrote:

-MysticRose- wrote:

I also had an idea for an intro that would fit
Nice! I'm thinking of a more modern font, though - wait, did you use a font like Allegreya Sans or something? I just remembered that it looks like it.

I can't remember lol xD
I'm working on an intro concept as well

wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IMPORTANT POST

First of all, the poll is over - a big thank you to everybody who voted! Unfortunately, we have a tie.

So now what?
I think we should combine the results. They are:

1. Each person should have something different assigned to do in their job's field, we'll be working individually, with deadlines (3 votes)
2. Each team should work together on a certain job for each team - for example, the Ideas Team can work on the ideas fo the UI, while the code team works on coding the Calendar (3 votes)

So everything mentioned in #2 + #1's deadlines = Each team will work on a certain task as a team (or individually, with remixing) every week.
So here are your tasks (and mine)!

- Me: Art for the Calendar
- Code Team: Coding the Calendar
- Design Team: Designing the Calendar layout
- Advertisement Team + Ideas Team: Advertisement ideas + Execution of those ideas
- Music Team: 3 Background music tracks
- Writing Team: Original Quotes for the Calendar (don't worry, there'll be more interesting stuff soon)

> So as you can see, I'm currently focused on the Calendar app - I know that it's not possible to make every month manually, so the code team will have to do the tricky job of making the numbers appear according to the way they'll come in a certain month of a certain year.

> As for art, I hope I'll be able to do it…my art skills (on paper) have improved, so yeah…

> The writing part - It'd be nice if the quotes are inspirational, but the hard part will be making original quotes. Sorry if that's hard!

> The Advertisement Team and Ideas Team will have to work together on how to advertise. Now that we've started on the project, we can advertise about it to spread the word.

>Music! It's going to be one of the most fun parts, probably - but again, like the quotes, the tracks have to be original.

*No matter which team you're in, please let me know if you have prepared art/designs for the album covers for the music tracks*

Deadline for all this: June 13

We've been doing great so far especially with the UI designs and all! You can still continue to work on the UI if you want to (I'm working on redesigning @jettypumpkin07's version), even though we're focused on the calendar app.

By the way, like I said in a previous post, please don't expect me to be very active today. Even if I am on Scratch, I'll probably be working on some other stuff I have to do.

meow meow meow
wolfgirl152312
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jettypumpkin07 wrote:

wolfgirl152312 wrote:

Did you write that? I thought we were talking about serious stuff…
Sorry! But it was still funny… But yes, I probably should be more serious…

meow meow meow
T-tario
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok, i'll get started on the music.

Last edited by T-tario (June 4, 2020 04:52:20)

28IbrahimT
Scratcher
17 posts

wolfgirl152312 wrote:

IMPORTANT POST

First of all, the poll is over - a big thank you to everybody who voted! Unfortunately, we have a tie.

So now what?
I think we should combine the results. They are:

1. Each person should have something different assigned to do in their job's field, we'll be working individually, with deadlines (3 votes)
2. Each team should work together on a certain job for each team - for example, the Ideas Team can work on the ideas fo the UI, while the code team works on coding the Calendar (3 votes)

So everything mentioned in #2 + #1's deadlines = Each team will work on a certain task as a team (or individually, with remixing) every week.
So here are your tasks (and mine)!

- Me: Art for the Calendar
- Code Team: Coding the Calendar
- Design Team: Designing the Calendar layout
- Advertisement Team + Ideas Team: Advertisement ideas + Execution of those ideas
- Music Team: 3 Background music tracks
- Writing Team: Original Quotes for the Calendar (don't worry, there'll be more interesting stuff soon)

> So as you can see, I'm currently focused on the Calendar app - I know that it's not possible to make every month manually, so the code team will have to do the tricky job of making the numbers appear according to the way they'll come in a certain month of a certain year.

> As for art, I hope I'll be able to do it…my art skills (on paper) have improved, so yeah…

> The writing part - It'd be nice if the quotes are inspirational, but the hard part will be making original quotes. Sorry if that's hard!

> The Advertisement Team and Ideas Team will have to work together on how to advertise. Now that we've started on the project, we can advertise about it to spread the word.

>Music! It's going to be one of the most fun parts, probably - but again, like the quotes, the tracks have to be original.

*No matter which team you're in, please let me know if you have prepared art/designs for the album covers for the music tracks*

Deadline for all this: June 13

We've been doing great so far especially with the UI designs and all! You can still continue to work on the UI if you want to (I'm working on redesigning @jettypumpkin07's version), even though we're focused on the calendar app.

By the way, like I said in a previous post, please don't expect me to be very active today. Even if I am on Scratch, I'll probably be working on some other stuff I have to do.

So… What is the calander supposed to look like?