Discuss Scratch

-DancerRJV-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[[CLOSED]] ✔✳✅ THE EMERALD SHOP 4.0 ✔✳✅ [[MOVED TO A NEW THREAD]]

DancingNekoGirl wrote:

I followed TSS, I'm assuming we don't need to fill out the application form. Or do we? ~Snip~
Awesome. You don't need to, and neither will the TSS members. Everyone who is a member now in either shop can join without applying.

May the cries of your enemies be silenced by space's void.
(Does anybody remember that from two SWC sessions ago?)

Hey, another siggy scroller!

Hey, if you made it this far, you're a pretty dedicated siggy scroller.

Guess what? I'm a baker, dancer, Disney fan, enneagram lover, teen, who loves scratch, helping out in shops, and guiding new scratchers on their journey through scratch.

My sister is PFTV. If you don't know who she is, good luck finding her…

You know, you should really stop climbing down the stairs to my basement.

I told you to stop, there are some personal things down there!

Whoa whoa whoa, you better sllllllooooooooowwwww down.

You're still looking? Alright fine. Now you know. DON'T GO FURTHER

Come on, please?

… *sobs* pwetty pwese?

Alright fine. You went this far. I guess I've gotta give ya somethin'. Here ya go, I'm a potato. You heard it. now go to my profile and comment “chez puffs”.
FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Stupid scratch never giving me notifications. When are you going to make the thread?

Also, someone in my year at school has covid and half my year are now in isolation (I'm not yet - it's only one person in year 10 that has it)

| Jess | 17 | Audiobook Maker | Artist | Coder | Questioning Biromantic | Writer | BROKEN + THE CYCLIST | #FINLAFOREVER

(((Finn the [Evil Kumquat Protector v]::#B22222)::#ffb6c1)::#9370DB)
-DancerRJV-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FollowCherryBlossom wrote:

Stupid scratch never giving me notifications. When are you going to make the thread?

Also, someone in my year at school has covid and half my year are now in isolation (I'm not yet - it's only one person in year 10 that has it)
We don't have a set date yet, we'll wait and see once the questions die down a bit.

Guess what? I'm a baker, dancer, Disney fan, enneagram lover, teen, who loves scratch, helping out in shops, and guiding new scratchers on their journey through scratch.

Come on, please?

… *sobs* pwetty pwese?

Alright fine. You went this far. I guess I've gotta give ya somethin'. Here ya go, I'm a potato. You heard it. now go to my profile and comment “chez puffs”.
andyman11
Scratcher
100+ posts

It would be nice.. ya know if there was actually a link to TSS.

Hi, I'm @andyman11

I used to use scratch, I don't much anymore.
Please no scratchblocks spam. Except scratch-blocks spam – test the limits of the editor but don't spam the forums.
© Copyright nobody, feel free to steal this style of description for your own.

DancingNekoGirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

andyman11 wrote:

If you had looked on page 202 you would see the link.
ppppie
Scratcher
100+ posts

andyman11 wrote:

yeah, i should put that on the front page. i updated it to say we're moving but i should add the tss link somewhere

call me pie | they/them | 19 years old | swc enjoyer | former owner of the emerald shop | ele-mental for elemental!

i haven't been active on scratch since approximately early 2021 lol but i used to semi-well-known in the requests forums i think

pro tip for all the kids who are out here doing incredible things on scratch: remember to take breaks! scratch is lots of fun, but it can be easy to get burnt out. pace yourself. you're just kids, you should be having fun (:
FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oh wait me finally realises that my signature is out of date. I'm not 14 anymore!

Actually, will 5.0 be a completely new thread that is made by Minty? And then all staff as well as TSS staff will automatically be staff?

| Jess | 17 | Audiobook Maker | Artist | Coder | Questioning Biromantic | Writer | BROKEN + THE CYCLIST | #FINLAFOREVER

-DancerRJV-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FollowCherryBlossom wrote:

~Snip~ Actually, will 5.0 be a completely new thread that is made by Minty? And then all staff as well as TSS staff will automatically be staff?
Yes, 5.0 will be a new thread created by me. Also yes. The trainees as of then, will stay trainees, but everyone from TSS will become full members since there wasn't a trainee system there.

Come on, please?

… *sobs* pwetty pwese?

PikachuCoder122
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm not a BoD but I think after we merge (if we do), we should do an activity check and the ones that didn't respond will be taken off, and if they want to rejoin they can (within a certain range of time). Because after we merge there will be all of the staff combined and It will be too crowded.

I am PikachuCoder122, I love making cool games, spriting, and memes.
Check out my studio and game.
FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PikachuCoder122 wrote:

I'm not a BoD but I think after we merge (if we do), we should do an activity check and the ones that didn't respond will be taken off, and if they want to rejoin they can (within a certain range of time). Because after we merge there will be all of the staff combined and It will be too crowded.
'if we do' We are definitely merging, it's been confirmed by Pie. And yes we are going to call an activity check.

LydzWinry
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are we going to make a thread for planning? IIRC, that was done for the migration to 4.0 and TSS's migration to 2.0

Highlight part of my siggy and ctrl+shift+down to see more of it!
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
-C.S. Lewis
I'm on the cusp of Virgo and Libra and I'm a serious gamer. All hail the almighty snail.
Why Scratch is a social media platform: For context, the topic was a suggestion for better message filtering.
I run The Amethyst Shop 2.0 and ~The Rose Shop!~. NOTICE: THEY ARE BEING MERGED. ONCE THE MERGING HAS OCCURED, THE MERGED SHOP WILL BE ADVERTISED HERE.
douhnutdavid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LydzWinry wrote:

Are we going to make a thread for planning? IIRC, that was done for the migration to 4.0 and TSS's migration to 2.0
Yea is that gonna happen?

And one quick question, if you partner with TSS will you also be partners with TES?

☁︎ 1500+ Posts - Forumer - SWC | -David- | Graphic Design & Art ☁︎
TEMPERARY LEAVING
Also im on leave for shops, sorry! I may come back, but not soon.
RedGuy7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

douhnutdavid wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

And one quick question, if you partner with TSS will you also be partners with TES?
1. Idk
2. yes (minty said so on the TSS thread when someone else asked)

Last edited by RedGuy7 (Dec. 8, 2020 03:49:42)

see me here where I make nono word and other junk

Please set a status at Ocular by clicking the below image, to make @Jeffalo happy! #OcularStatusesTo1k

left scratch

found me!
xesszcool
Scratcher
100+ posts

Im sad

Shops I'm in- Lightning Studios, AQUATICA, THE EMERALD SHOP and The Thank You Shop Select this, and tap shift and scroll right to see the rest of my siggy!
Hi!

Umm… Stop?

It has private info stop.

Chill!

Woah…woah…..woah…… STOP.

PLEASE?!

Pwety Pwease?

Steop!

PLZ.

OK FINE.

You are the person who wanted this….

Go to my profile and comment ‘Gotcha Bravos!’ to get a follow from me!

It is the end stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.

Stop.
ppppie
Scratcher
100+ posts

douhnutdavid wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

I need to talk to Minty before we officially decide, but there will probably be a planning thread. And we're not “partnering” with TSS, we're merging. Basically, we're just gonna take our two shops and combine them into one shop. I assume we'll keep all of our shop partners, but I'm not sure.

xesszcool wrote:

Im sad
If you're sad because of the merge, I'm sorry, but it's our final decision. The shop will be staying mostly the same, anyway, it won't be too different from how it is now after the merge.

call me pie | they/them | 19 years old | swc enjoyer | former owner of the emerald shop | ele-mental for elemental!

i haven't been active on scratch since approximately early 2021 lol but i used to semi-well-known in the requests forums i think

pro tip for all the kids who are out here doing incredible things on scratch: remember to take breaks! scratch is lots of fun, but it can be easy to get burnt out. pace yourself. you're just kids, you should be having fun (:
-DancerRJV-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

douhnutdavid wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

Yes, I actually have a forum already prepared with the updated staff list. The link is here.

Notice
Everyone who works at TES or TSS(will be notifying them after this post is sent) can go to the link above for questions about the merge.

(To answer the question douhnutdavid had) Yes, any partnerships from either shop will stay, unless a shop asks for it to be terminated when we say we are merging.

EDIT: So, my brain just finally realized that updating the staff list involves adding the members from TSS, which I have not done yet. So, please excuse me if the list looks shorter then you were expecting.

Last edited by -DancerRJV- (Dec. 8, 2020 12:10:14)

Come on, please?

… *sobs* pwetty pwese?

-william27-
Scratcher
81 posts

Hi there, I'm @wgyt's new account
Can someone fill me in on what's happening?
PikachuCoder122
Scratcher
100+ posts

oops

Last edited by PikachuCoder122 (Dec. 8, 2020 13:53:03)

PikachuCoder122
Scratcher
100+ posts

-william27- wrote:

Hi there, I'm @wgyt's new account
Can someone fill me in on what's happening?

I'm closing the shop. If you're wondering why you didn't hear anything about this beforehand, it's because we basically made this decision yesterday. I talked with Tater and Cat about it privately (don't try to find where, you won't find it) and we decided this was the best way to go. Sorry to the BoD for not telling you anything about this, it was just a decision between me and the VPs. While I know a lot of shops will just pass ownership onto someone else when the owner leaves (we're on our third owner ourselves), we didn't really want to pass the shop onto anyone outside of the BoD, and, honestly, most of the BoD is inactive. So, we're just closing it. I will close the forum thread soon. Also, since we didn't tell any of the BoD about this decision (again, sorry), I don't know if any of them would actually be willing to take over the shop. If any BoD member really wants to take over the shop, please come to my profile and we can talk about it! I'm sure none of you want the shop to just die, and I don't either, so I'm open to pretty much any BoD member keeping it alive. First off, I'm officially closing the shop to orders. We won't be taking any new orders, but I want to make sure we complete any current unfinished orders before closing the shop! If we haven't completed all of the orders after about a week, we'll just see if any partner shops can take the unfinished orders. I'll also be closing staff applications since, you know, the shop's closing. Also, as I said, I'll be closing this forum thread soon. Even if a BoD member does want to take over the shop, I'll still close orders and applications so we can focus on moving the shop.

This is an edited version of the post.

PikachuCoder122
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why are my forums so laggy?

Every time I post something it posts twice or it doesn't show up.