Discuss Scratch

MikeDEV
Scratcher
100+ posts

[FULLY WORKING] CloudLink API | Cloud variables, but better!

CloudLink - Cloud variables, but better!

CloudLink is an API for Scratch 3.0. It enables high-speed, highly customizable client-to-server and client-to-client telecommunications between projects.

Features:

> A simple, easy to use set of blocks

> Open-source, reconfigurable (and fast) server scripts

> Global data streams and private data streams!

> Support for port forwarding, reverse proxies, and more!

> Support for HTMLifier and Nw.js!

CloudLink currently works within E羊icques, but I haven't tested if it would work in other Scratch 3 modded editors (why not give it a try for me?), and I do NOT promote using CloudLink on the Scratch website. It is intended for externally made projects, or projects made using the offline editor/a modded web editor.

For full documentation, click here.
To try out CloudLink, click here.
For client source code, click here.
For server source code, click here.

Last edited by MikeDEV (Today 06:16:06)

MikeDEV - Just your friendly neighborhood artist & programmer. Click here for my latest creation!
MikeDEV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Current project status
Client Version 0.1.9: Fully functional
Server Version 1.8: Fully functional
Current issues: TBD
Projects featuring CloudLink: None :(
Feature checklist:

✅ Global data streams
✅ Private data streams
✅ Multiple asynchronous connections
✅ Portable server program

Last edited by MikeDEV (Today 16:51:32)

MikeDEV - Just your friendly neighborhood artist & programmer. Click here for my latest creation!
MikeDEV
Scratcher
100+ posts

THIS EXTENSION WILL NOT WORK IN NATIVE SCRATCH 3.0'S EDITOR.

PROJECT CREATORS THAT INTEND TO USE CLOUDLINK WILL HAVE TO CREATE THEIR PROJECTS OUTSIDE OF SCRATCH. THAT WAY, NOBODY HAS TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING.

ST, THIS PROJECT PROMOTES ADVANCED PROJECT CREATION, OUTSIDE OF SCRATCH. I PROMOTE KEEPING THE SCRATCH WEBSITE SAFE. AS LONG AS SCRATCH 3.0 DOESN'T NATIVELY SUPPORT CUSTOM EXTENSIONS, THERE SHOULD BE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

CURRENTLY, THE ONLY CONCERN IS PROJECT DISTRIBUTION. SHOULD CREATORS CREATE A BASIC VERSION ON THE WEBSITE AND LINK IT TO THE FULL VERSION (MAYBE THROUGH GITHUB PAGES)? OR SOMETHING ELSE? FEEDBACK WILL BE HELPFUL.

Last edited by MikeDEV (Today 16:56:33)

Spaceflyer234
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sounds really cool! I may help.
MikeDEV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Spaceflyer234 wrote:

Sounds really cool! I may help.

Thanks!

(Also, BUMP)

MikeDEV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Very very belated bump

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can't wait to try this out!

Erin // She/Her Pronouns // Pansexual // Wicca Enthusiast
block200
Scratcher
11 posts

YES SO COOL!
DabDatBass
Scratcher
100+ posts

how to use?

Last edited by someone other than me and 100% not kaj (Today at some random time lol)
Highlight just a little of my siggy and press Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow to see more of my siggy

liaim
Scratcher
8 posts

WOW REALLY COOL
hf3i05
Scratcher
47 posts

MikeDEV wrote:
CloudLink currently works within E羊icques, but I haven't tested if it would work in other Scratch 3 modded editors (why not give it a try for me?), and I do NOT promote using CloudLink on the Scratch website. It is intended for externally made projects, or projects made using the offline editor/a modded web editor.
Wait, can't you just download the project and the upload it to Scratch?

DabDatBass
Scratcher
100+ posts

hf3i05 wrote:

MikeDEV wrote:
NO, it takes forever to load an extension from E羊icques, I've tried.

Last edited by someone other than me and 100% not kaj (Today at some random time lol)
Highlight just a little of my siggy and press Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow to see more of my siggy

Spaceflyer234
Scratcher
100+ posts

hf3i05 wrote:

MikeDEV wrote:
That would break the terms of use.
hf3i05
Scratcher
47 posts

Spaceflyer234 wrote:

hf3i05 wrote:

MikeDEV wrote:
Oh, ok.

-CodeandProgram-
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Studying java. I`ll help!

Hi! I`m -CodeandProgram-. I help out in the forums. You can contact me at my profile.
I also am hosting an OS here.

define bump
Bumping one`s topic up.::operators
Spaceflyer234
Scratcher
100+ posts

-CodeandProgram- wrote:

Studying java. I`ll help!
You need to know JavaScript to help out with this.
-CodeandProgram-
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Woah, cool!

Hi! I`m -CodeandProgram-. I help out in the forums. You can contact me at my profile.
I also am hosting an OS here.

define bump
Bumping one`s topic up.::operators
MikeDEV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello everyone (or lack thereof), I haven't been able to work on this project for a while. Recently I have been able to get back online, so I (hopefully) will be able to work on this project. If I do find myself working on this project, I'll be figuring out how to fix the multi-connection issues, and also figuring out how to add UDP support. That's it for now.

MikeDEV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Spaceflyer234 wrote:

hf3i05 wrote:

MikeDEV wrote:

Yes, it would break the terms (It's been a while, can someone elaborate?). And it would break itself. Scratch currently doesn't support custom extensions in the vanilla editor. It would fail to load, or it would register as an invalid/“null” block (at least I think so).

MikeDEV
Scratcher
100+ posts

A visual of the current state of CloudLink:

Anyone skilled in JavaScript and Python, please leave some suggestions. It would help a lot.

Last edited by MikeDEV (July 6, 2020 19:37:34)