Discuss Scratch

everybody_except_you
Scratcher
4 posts

Need Inspiration?

if anyone needs any ideas - i think this one could be helpful. maybe a game where you have to do a platformer but with a torch and every level the light gets smaller?
2012mes28tl
Scratcher
20 posts

Need Inspiration?

Succedo wrote:

Hi, I am planning on making an infinite scroller game,but I do not know how to make an infinite scroller game can you help.
Maybe a tutorial on youtube?
Wibberry7
Scratcher
78 posts

Need Inspiration?

Paigeri wrote:

Ever need inspiration for a project, but you don't know what to think of? Here are a few ideas that might help you!

1. Something You Like
Base your project off of something you like! For example, I have a fond passion about photography. So, I have taken some pictures of things around my house and outside, then made a project about it! Check it out here.

2. Something You're Good At
Create your project about something you're good at! For example, I feel like I am well-taught in coding! I could make a project with mostly coding in it! Or say you're good at art! Create an Art Dump!

3. Real Life
Create something that is based off of real life! Like, if you have recently watched a movie, and you will always remember something awesome about it, (e.g the ending, how funny it was, how sad it made you feel, etc.) make a project about it!

4. Dreams
This one is sort of like movies, except for that your mind can make much wilder stories than any movie director. For example, you dream your in a chase, and your being hunted by some mind-eating zombies (just an example) and you love the dream do much you want to dream it again; Well here is an awesome game idea! Dreams can really help. credit to flamingenius

5. Trends
Create a project based on the trends going around on Scratch; such as something like the SDS! The SDS has many creative ideas already provided for you from each theme!

6. Ask Someone
If these other steps did not help you, you can always ask you friend what they want to see; or, you can even create a project or a forum post about what your followers want to see; such as here. (credit to DrGaming_92Games)

7. Other
If number six did not help you, here are some other ideas:
- Create a simulation
- Create a platformer game
- Create a cooking game
- Create a building game
- Create a pixel game
Helpful

Everything that describes me!
I'm a girl who loves coding!
———————————————————————
I'm young but a coder!
———————————————————————
My profile is cool! Check it out!
Yahoo!
NateCoder2021
Scratcher
100+ posts

Need Inspiration?

green-racer wrote:

theapplesguy2-tests wrote:

NateCoder2021-Alt wrote:

i want to make a platformer but i can't implement wall jumping, can you send the code
why cant you use griffpatch's tutorial if you dont know who griffpatch is you belong in hell probably
I'm creating a project so don't expect me to respond right now
ok

This is not a BUG, it's my signature

I help the community, I make comics, play games, etc. I'll help in the forums and make topics

Have a great day
green-racer
Scratcher
22 posts

Need Inspiration?

NateCoder2021 wrote:

green-racer wrote:

NateCoder2021-Alt wrote:

i want to make a platformer but i can't implement wall jumping, can you send the code
why cant you use griffpatch's tutorial if you dont know who griffpatch is you belong in hell probably
I'm creating a project so don't expect me to respond right now
ok
okay
green-racer
Scratcher
22 posts

Need Inspiration?

very small Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts lol
NateCoder2021
Scratcher
100+ posts

Need Inspiration?

NateCoder2021-Alt wrote:

well, i do know who griffpatch is, but it's just that i want to make a SIMPLE platformer

I help the community, I make comics, play games, etc. I'll help in the forums and make topics

Have a great day
smsictjt
Scratcher
1 post

Need Inspiration?

thanks!
not_coocoo
Scratcher
7 posts

Need Inspiration?

any idea on how to stress a CPU in code ? I am making a benchmark game
melix1
Scratcher
20 posts

Need Inspiration?

ducky3624
Scratcher
17 posts

Need Inspiration?

Paigeri wrote:

Ever need inspiration for a project, but you don't know what to think of? Here are a few ideas that might help you!

1. Something You Like
Base your project off of something you like! For example, I have a fond passion about photography. So, I have taken some pictures of things around my house and outside, then made a project about it! Check it out here.

Create your project about something you're good at! For example, I feel like I am well-taught in coding! I could make a project with mostly coding in it! Or say you're good at art! Create an Art Dump!

3. Real Life
Create something that is based off of real life! Like, if you have recently watched a movie, and you will always remember something awesome about it, (e.g the ending, how funny it was, how sad it made you feel, etc.) make a project about it!

4. Dreams
This one is sort of like movies, except for that your mind can make much wilder stories than any movie director. For example, you dream your in a chase, and your being hunted by some mind-eating zombies (just an example) and you love the dream do much you want to dream it again; Well here is an awesome game idea! Dreams can really help. credit to flamingenius

5. Trends
Create a project based on the trends going around on Scratch; such as something like the SDS! The SDS has many creative ideas already provided for you from each theme!

6. Ask Someone
If these other steps did not help you, you can always ask you friend what they want to see; or, you can even create a project or a forum post about what your followers want to see; such as here. (credit to DrGaming_92Games)

7. Other
- Create a simulation
- Create a cooking game
- Create a building game
- Create a pixel game
you can call it
SSRDTAO! that would be cool!

(This Is Just ASIGNATUREIt comes on every post I make)
BIG BEARS HELP LITTLE BEARS
little bears are always the hearts of big bears

If you want a character or profile picture similar to mine, try this!
:::;:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/604679240

ducky3624
Scratcher
17 posts

Need Inspiration?

ducky3624 wrote:

Paigeri wrote:

1. Something You Like

3. Real Life

4. Dreams

5. Trends

6. Ask Someone

7. Other
- Create a simulation
- Create a cooking game
- Create a building game
- Create a pixel game
you can call it
SSRDTAO! that would be cool!
is just my signature

(This Is Just ASIGNATUREIt comes on every post I make)
little bears are always the hearts of big bears

If you want a character or profile picture similar to mine, try this!
:::;:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/604679240

furyb_levrai
Scratcher
29 posts

Need Inspiration?

yo all the same I'm furyb_levrai and I'm French but I do projects in English I've been passionate about coding for a long time and I'm thinking of doing a job in programming…
Oh also, I love gaming…
if you want to see my projects… https://scratch.mit.edu/users/furyb_levrai/
scaryghost14
Scratcher
46 posts

Need Inspiration?

Succedo wrote:

Hi, I am planning on making an infinite scroller game,but I do not know how to make an infinite scroller game can you help.
go to this https://youtube.com and search “griffpatch”

play https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/860188790/ it is fun follow scaryghost14
when I receive [I'm board v]
follow [scaryghost14]
niship12345
Scratcher
20 posts

Need Inspiration?

Does anyone have good art piece project ideas?

——> that's me! nishi's profile

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ :
now playing:
♡ thank u, next -Ariana Grande ♡
1:56 ─〇───── 3:34
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
♫-♪-♬-♫-♪-♬-♫-♪-♬-♫-♪-♬-♫-♪-♬-♫

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ
meisveryveryverycool
Scratcher
5 posts

Need Inspiration?

I tried to make a platformer and I failed… I need help
NateCoder2021
Scratcher
100+ posts

Need Inspiration?

meisveryveryverycool wrote:

I tried to make a platformer and I failed… I need help

Alright then, use this project to make a platformer! Make sure to give credit!

Sample Platformer made by NateCoder2021

Last edited by NateCoder2021 (April 3, 2024 18:48:30)

Have a great day
NateCoder2021
Scratcher
100+ posts

Need Inspiration?

Succedo wrote:

Try making a platformer game (Use this platformer if you don't know how to make a platformer) An use scroll x and y variables and then make a random generator. That's all I can think of, don't get mad, I'm sorry

Last edited by NateCoder2021 (April 3, 2024 18:52:46)

Have a great day
Monbelly
Scratcher
20 posts

Need Inspiration?

I'm good at art so what if I made a story about an artist who's paiting can come to life
NateCoder2021
Scratcher
100+ posts

Need Inspiration?

Monbelly wrote:

I'm good at art so what if I made a story about an artist who's paiting can come to life

I don't know but try it! I encourage you!

Have a great day