Discuss Scratch

qucchia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Resolved button in Help with Scripts

The creator of a topic in the Help with Scripts forum could have the option to mark it as resolved. There could be a button called “Mark as resolved”, for example. When this option is activated it will close the topic and display “(RESOLVED)” at the beginning of the topic title.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Isn't that what closing the topic is for?

You can close your own topics after 24 hours, or Report it and ask a moderator to close it if it hasn't been 24 hours yet.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Eagle138
Scratcher
500+ posts

qucchia wrote:

The creator of a topic in the Help with Scripts forum could have the option to mark it as resolved. There could be a button called “Mark as resolved”, for example. When this option is activated it will close the topic and display “(RESOLVED)” at the beginning of the topic title.
Support! Maybe instead of ‘closing’ the topic as you would conventionally do, the resolved topics could be stored in a separate page, so people with issues can look in the resolved topics and try to find a solution before they make a new topic.

Za-Chary wrote:

Isn't that what closing the topic is for?

You can close your own topics after 24 hours, or Report it and ask a moderator to close it if it hasn't been 24 hours yet.
As with the above statement, you could store the resolved topics in a separate spot.
It's true that you could just close a topic and put ‘resolved’ in the header, but this makes it a lot easier, especially for new scratchers who don't really know how to use the forums yet.

Side note: Another similar topic (it's not a dupe)

~ Eagle38
coder/artist/noob animator :: he/they :: unconventional :: comment ‘e’ on my profile if you see this
just call me Eagle
fancy signature banner coming…one day
An0therRand0mC0der
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CT-7569
Scratcher
100+ posts

If this is added, shouldn't it also exist in QaS?

–CT-7569