Discuss Scratch

MlgDerps
Scratcher
2 posts

Why can't I save my project?

So, basically, I'm working on a new game, and I wanted to put in music for my game. It is a perfectly fine Mp3 file, and everything worked, however, when I went to save the project, it wouldn't save. All because of one File. I don't understand why, and I really want to use that file, so someone please help!

when green flag clicked
forever
ask [Why can't I save my project?] and wait
end

Last edited by MlgDerps (Feb. 10, 2020 14:33:56)

Red8Ballgames
Scratcher
5 posts

I had the same problem but I figured out that my mp3 file wasn't suited for scratch and I couldn't save it either so I deleted it and inserted a new one. And its saved.
goodone0
Scratcher
53 posts

MlgDerps wrote:

So, basically, I'm working on a new game, and I wanted to put in music for my game. It is a perfectly fine Mp3 file, and everything worked, however, when I went to save the project, it wouldn't save. All because of one File. I don't understand why, and I really want to use that file, so someone please help!
I will help you soon

If you see this on my signature, you’ve been infected by the NotK3ndricAlt virus! Put this on the top of your signature and add your name to the list of people who got this virus to help NotK3ndricAlt get more followers.
List of people who got this virus: NotK3ndricAlt, goodone0
when I receive [Scratch]
create
explore
qucchia
Scratcher
100+ posts

This is probably because the audio file is too large. Scratch only handles a max of 10MB per audio file.
You can fix this by separating the music into several “pieces”, and playing them one after another.
MlgDerps
Scratcher
2 posts

qucchia wrote:

This is probably because the audio file is too large. Scratch only handles a max of 10MB per audio file.
You can fix this by separating the music into several “pieces”, and playing them one after another.

Thanks! It works!