Discuss Scratch

LiFaytheGoblin
Forum Moderator
1000+ posts

Wiki Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Although it seems a little late, we hope everyone’s new year has started well! Today we have for you the 45th Wiki Wednesday.

Here are the Wiki Articles of the Month:

Deutsch (German): Klonen

Klonen ist ein Feature ab Scratch 2.0, das es dir erlaubt, einen Klon (=eine 1:1 Kopie) von einer Figur zu kreieren, während das Projekt läuft. Es erspart viel Programmierarbeit und ist eleganter und flexibler, eine einzigen Figur während der Laufzeit als Kopie zu klonen, anstatt bereits beim Programmieren des Projekts eine bestimmte Anzahl Kopien zu erstellen. Man braucht dann nämlich nur diese eine Figur zu bearbeiten.

English: Alerts

Alerts are notifications from the Scratch Team sent to communicate with users. They are received in one's messages page for various reasons. Only Scratch Team members can send alerts, as they normally give a reminder to stop doing a certain thing, such as to be more respectful when commenting. Alerts are usually given to users after finding content that violates the Community Guidelines.

Japanese (日本語): Scratchアプリ

Scratchアプリは、Androidタブレット・Chromebook上で動くScratch 3.0のアプリである。

What is the Scratch Wiki?
The Scratch Wiki is a collaboratively-written wiki available for free that provides information about the Scratch programming language and its website, history, and phenomena surrounding it. The wiki is supported by the Scratch Team, but is primarily written by Scratchers. The Scratch Wiki is a popular source of information for scripts and tutorials, and it continues to grow as Scratchers use it as their primary source of information. This could also include advanced articles for Scratchers around the world to build, share, and see.
(Source: Scratch Wiki)

Missing Languages

There are many languages which do not have a Scratch Wiki! If you know a language without a Wiki, then you can help create one. Learn more here! We are looking for native speakers in a certain language and do not require any applicants to have a perfect grasp on the English language.

Did you know?
  • …dass Scratch jetzt ein Teenager ist? Scratch 1 kam am 8. Januar 2007 heraus.
  • …Scratchアプリには、Scratch Linkの機能が内蔵されているため、Scratchアプリ内では、インターネット接続なしでmicro:bitなどに接続できる。
  • …*do you know* what a Commodore 64 is?

A big thank you goes to MakeTheBrainHappy for organizing this Wiki Wednesday and writing the post. Credit to Yummygum on iconfinder.com for the flag icons!

Deutsch, English, Français, Español, Nederlands
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language

KodeKids1011
Scratcher
74 posts

What's Scratch Wiki?

Sincerely, Luna Inaria Birdsong.
Birdsong Manor, Eternalia.
Lost Cities.

Level: Mastodon.
School: Foxfire. Eternalia.
Lost Cities.

Abilities: Pyrokinetic, Psionipath, Telepath, Technopath, Charger, Polyglot.

Hueycat
Scratcher
100+ posts

I <3 Scratch Wiki

Hello! I am Hueycat, who likes trains!

Please check out my AMAZING projects such as Guess The Date and Saturn V Simulator!

Thanks for reading my post:)
minedevil
New to Scratch
1 post

안녕하살법
CreativeSugar
Scratcher
5 posts

halo
Mrjtp
Scratcher
2 posts

Hi,everybody. I'm Jacob (removed by moderator - please don't share your full name),and it's nice to meet you. I've made a bunch of games and stuff,and barely anybody plays them. I was hoping you'd like to play them,and follow me if you'd like. Please do! Jacob My Recommendation
say [WhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhatWhat?!!!]

Last edited by Paddle2See (Feb. 15, 2020 09:28:37)

Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

:3

:::::::::   ::::::::   ::::::::  ::::    ::::  :::::::::: :::::::::   :::::::   :::::::    :::   
:+:    :+: :+:    :+: :+:    :+: +:+:+: :+:+:+ :+:        :+:    :+: :+:   :+: :+:   :+: :+:+:   
+:+    +:+ +:+    +:+ +:+    +:+ +:+ +:+:+ +:+ +:+        +:+    +:+ +:+  :+:+ +:+  :+:+   +:+   
+#++:++#+  +#+    +:+ +#+    +:+ +#+  +:+  +#+ +#++:++#   +#++:++#:  +#+ + +:+ +#+ + +:+   +#+   
+#+    +#+ +#+    +#+ +#+    +#+ +#+       +#+ +#+        +#+    +#+ +#+#  +#+ +#+#  +#+   +#+   
#+#    #+# #+#    #+# #+#    #+# #+#       #+# #+#        #+#    #+# #+#   #+# #+#   #+#   #+#   
#########   ########   ########  ###       ### ########## ###    ###  #######   #######  ####### 
CHECK OUT MY FORUM STATS

Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KodeKids1011 wrote:

What's Scratch Wiki?
Really? You don't know? It's under the first post!

LiFaytheGoblin wrote:

What is the Scratch Wiki?
The Scratch Wiki is a collaboratively-written wiki available for free that provides information about the Scratch programming language and its website, history, and phenomena surrounding it. The wiki is supported by the Scratch Team, but is primarily written by Scratchers. The Scratch Wiki is a popular source of information for scripts and tutorials, and it continues to grow as Scratchers use it as their primary source of information. This could also include advanced articles for Scratchers around the world to build, share, and see.
(Source: Scratch Wiki)

:::::::::   ::::::::   ::::::::  ::::    ::::  :::::::::: :::::::::   :::::::   :::::::    :::   
:+:    :+: :+:    :+: :+:    :+: +:+:+: :+:+:+ :+:        :+:    :+: :+:   :+: :+:   :+: :+:+:   
+:+    +:+ +:+    +:+ +:+    +:+ +:+ +:+:+ +:+ +:+        +:+    +:+ +:+  :+:+ +:+  :+:+   +:+   
+#++:++#+  +#+    +:+ +#+    +:+ +#+  +:+  +#+ +#++:++#   +#++:++#:  +#+ + +:+ +#+ + +:+   +#+   
+#+    +#+ +#+    +#+ +#+    +#+ +#+       +#+ +#+        +#+    +#+ +#+#  +#+ +#+#  +#+   +#+   
#+#    #+# #+#    #+# #+#    #+# #+#       #+# #+#        #+#    #+# #+#   #+# #+#   #+#   #+#   
#########   ########   ########  ###       ### ########## ###    ###  #######   #######  ####### 
CHECK OUT MY FORUM STATS

miningsuperstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hi i'm miner, i like everywhere at the end of time, object shows, YTPMVs, sparta remixes, and coding

your mom
Disc0Danny
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nice!

Hi
DressyTBJ45
Scratcher
22 posts

When was Scratch created?
Sincerely,
DressyTBJ45

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DressyTBJ45

Be yourself, because everyone else is taken. - Oscar Wilde

-OverSimplify-
Scratcher
12 posts

DressyTBJ45 wrote:

When was Scratch created?
Sincerely,
DressyTBJ45
Scratch began development in 2003 and was released to the public in 2007.

shironthewindragon
Scratcher
9 posts

when green flag clicked
forever
say [oh no] for (2) secs
end

bamagirl3
Scratcher
2 posts

shironthewindragon wrote:

when green flag clicked
forever
say [oh no] for (2) secs
end
oh no
27LXAVIER
Scratcher
0 posts

NUUUUUUUUU
BWCROC23
Scratcher
8 posts

Yo!
BlueToxic1
New to Scratch
1 post

Hey yall!
SnowyOwlet
Scratcher
1 post

Hi! Um.. whats scratch wiki?
Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SnowyOwlet wrote:

Hi! Um.. whats scratch wiki?
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/3823569/

CHECK OUT MY FORUM STATS

Trena39
Scratcher
11 posts

Scratch wiki?

Glacier

I'm a self taught artist who wants to improve. If you have the time, you can check out my newest projects and if you like them prehaps give me some advice or a follow at @GlacierStorms and @Trena39 ?