Discuss Scratch

NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

Blueinkproductions wrote:

Prinseskat wrote:

Support! How do you propose the Scratchers will be found? Like with Featured projects, where an unpopular project is suggested in the forums?
Maybe contact us?
I think “Contact Us” would be kinda weird, since thats mainly for telling the Scratch team problems about Scratch, appeals, stuff that people don't want everyone else to see and stuff like that.

Last edited by NolanAwesome (Nov. 1, 2014 11:26:57)


ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
Cachaca
Scratcher
18 posts

Featured users

NolanAwesome wrote:

EVERYONE! THIS IS NOT ABOUT FAME, BUT ABOUT HOW NICE/RESPECTFUL/HELPFUL THE USER IS.

I think we should have a featured users section. I see a lot of really good users that don't get noticed. (And no I'm NOT trying to get noticed with this.)
There would be a featured Scratcher AND a featured NEW scratcher.
Limit followers: (NS: 10) (S: 50) Does that sound good?


Here's my idea:


SUPPORTERS: (42)
gigapouch
Blueinkproductions
StarscreamClone
braxbroscratcher
spygame05
OmnipotentPotato
derpmeup
Dragonite11
Swampert11
Chibi-Matoran
savaka
Haiming
Zro716
Z-zap
Gamer1991
That516Kid
poniesareso
WASDgamer
Blaze349
mathman314
IceCube291
Scratchter03
AonymousGuy
WketchupReturns
Greatguy123
KingOfAwesome58219
Treos
MushroomMan99
AgentCNF
greenjay23
Lilry1
mariobros406
OogiemasterReturns
Centrifugal
Follower101
starlight1904
goldfish678
anythingispossible
Frenzar
wattywatty
mitopolis
Prinseskat

NO SUPPORTERS AND SEMI-SUPPORTERS (13)
they-might-be-cats
mathfreak231
Chainmanner
ImMaximum
Julianthewiki
Icey29
RandomPerson1789
TheHockeyist
samanyolu
Rumanti
epicsandwich123
HOWING
TheMatrixKid

Support!

nimrocco
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

support


happy new year to all
TimothyLawyer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Featured users

No support. It is okay not to be noticed.
jandrewg
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000


bump
I love this idea!!!

Last edited by jandrewg (Jan. 4, 2015 15:13:06)


My old sig has broken
My Platforming Games: Water - a Platforming Game | Water 2 - a Platforming Game
Bueno2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

+2

my signature was eated by evil omnom-kumquat
lcftf
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

HUGE support!
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

Thanks guys!


BUMP

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Featured users

i have never seen someone brag about ‘fame’ or being featured.
so I support.
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Featured users

ChocolatePi wrote:

i have never seen someone brag about ‘fame’ or being featured.
so I support.
It's usually removed pretty fast I would imagine. It i kind of low to do that though…
ev3commander
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

no support

You won't be unknown anymore
My browser / operating system: Windows 7, Chrome 32.XX.XXXX.XX, Flash 12.0 (release 0)
My alternative browser / operating system: OS X 10.9.5, Safari 7, Flash 15.0 (release 0)
Reached 500+ on April 8, 2015
Critic2100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Featured users

Support.


Critic2100 ~ kateskipper~ SaveOurPlanet ~ -Writer- ~ Donate Internetz Please
The rest of this signature is in a ;s stomach.
rocketclock123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

support!

My Signature doesn't taste good
PLATFORMER click here
Icey29
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

No support. More emphasis on Scratch Fame.
Marsover
Scratcher
66 posts

Featured users

Semi-support.

It's pretty much the same thing as having a featured project, the author gets alot more followers


Failord wrote:

Pros:
Scratchers with more experience get their work seen more.
Featured Scratchers get a morale boost.
The community gets to see examples of the best ways to use Scratch.
More focus on quality.
Popularity spreading from Featured Scratchers to the others that show up linked in their profiles.
New Scratchers who need a boost and get featured will feel much more encouraged.


But no matter how many times this has been suggested to scratch team it has been turned down

And why?

well, lets say that the featured user decides to act inappropriately, writing expletives on their profile and and yada yada yada, and what 10,000 people view their profiles before the report key is hit, what do they now think of the Community?

SCRATCH ISN'T A POPULARITY CONTEST

we're here to be amazing or do amazing things,

we're here to learn,

to learn from the community, each other, and the wikis.

I feel that the integrity of scratch was reduced when that little eye counter soared with numbers

and the follow/followers had a counter

why should we try to climb over others in order to be that sweet loving person on scratch

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

I think the ST would look for users. And maybe you could you propose users like how you can propose projects to be featured.

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

This user was featured because (s)he helped dozens of other Scratchers with their scripts on the forums.
This user was featured because (s)he created many helpful tutorials for other users to benefit from.
This user was featured because (s)he dedicated his/her time to stop online bullying and gave many nice comments.


AonymousGuy wrote:

Okay, looking over at this thread again, I've decided that I support. However - I think that there should be maybe one featured user at a time (or maybe a few, but not as many as featured projects), for about a week, with a description under them telling why they are featured.

Now this is where my idea for this is going: the user being featured isn't necessarily because of good projects, but because they set a good example. So there is a lot of focus on what other users can do better.

But users should still be featured to showcase their programming skills, especially if they do things that make it easier for newer users to learn like comment out their code and make it easily understandable. After all, Scratch is educational, and this could greatly improve the learning curve.

These things mentioned above is why I semi support, THIS IS THE THING THAT REITERATES THE INTEGRITY OF SCRATCH

Last edited by Marsover (Jan. 7, 2015 23:07:36)


_Hope
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

Support!

5955595595 5599995559995999555595559999955599959559595
5955595595 5955555595555955955959555595555955559559595
5999995595 5599955955555999559555955595559555559999595
5955595595 5555595595555959559999955595555955559559555
5955595595 5999955559995955959555955595555599959559595
Highlight the numbers, press Ctrl + F, press 9, and press Enter/Return. Or for Mac, CMD + F.
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

Thanks guys!

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
Letsgopitt
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

Icey29 wrote:

No support. More emphasis on Scratch Fame.
No, I disagree. One thing on the Scratch Forums that I don't like is people always saying that everyone on Scratch cares way to much about their follower levels. However, I believe that there is a fine line between
guys plz follow me no one likes me
and
I wish more people gave me feedback on my projects to make them better.
I think that this suggestion is more on the “Can you look at these projects and help me make them better?” side of the spectrum.

Anyway, I support.

Last edited by Letsgopitt (Jan. 8, 2015 21:31:45)

MCCauley1
Scratcher
5 posts

Featured users

I like your idea.
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

Letsgopitt wrote:

Icey29 wrote:

No support. More emphasis on Scratch Fame.
No, I disagree. One thing on the Scratch Forums that I don't like is people always saying that everyone on Scratch cares way to much about their follower levels. However, I believe that there is a fine line between
guys plz follow me no one likes me
and
I wish more people gave me feedback on my projects to make them better.
I think that this suggestion is more on the “Can you look at these projects and help me make them better?” side of the spectrum.

Anyway, I support.

MCCauley1 wrote:

I like your idea.
Thanks!

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile