Discuss Scratch

Treos
Scratcher
53 posts

Featured users

Support!

MushroomMan99
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

Support!

when green flag clicked
if <(language) = [English ]> then

say [Everything is Awesome!] for (2) secs
end
if <(language) = [French ]> then

say [Tout est super-genial!] for (2) secs
end
if <(language) = [Italian ]> then

say [E meraviglioso!] for (2) secs
end
if <(language) = [Spanish ]> then

say [Todo es fabuloso!] for (2) secs
end
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Featured users

No support. Scratch isn't about fame.


Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

Quite a few people on this website like to claim Scratch isn't about fame but at the end of the day it's all up to how the community uses the platform and a large chunk of the userbase is made up of people fighting for a spot on the front page.

AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

Support!

Play my latest game, Pixel Town 2.
greenjay23
Scratcher
24 posts

Featured users

Support.

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
-Pope John Paul II
Lilry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

Support!
samanyolu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Featured users

I'm not sure, so Semi-Support.

Last edited by samanyolu (Nov. 1, 2014 06:17:34)

mariobros406
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

+1 support! I love the idea of having featured everything.

I only check in to Scratch from time to time to see what others have been up to. I don't really post anything anymore. I'll occasionally post a question in the AT forum if I can't find an answer anywhere else.
OogiemasterReturns
Scratcher
24 posts

Featured users

Support. I would like it to be like DeviantART's “Deviousness” award, where one (or maybe more!) Scratchers that have made an impact on the community could be promoted, along with a reason as to why they were promoted, rather than just “OMG SOMEONE ISN'T POPULAR, QUICK, PUT THEM ON THE FRONT PAGE!1!!!” Popularity shouldn't be a factor at all in this, if someone has done great things for Scratch, it shouldn't matter how many followers they have, and I'm kind of tired of discussions about “FAME!!!11!” and “UNDERRATED/UNPOPULAR PEOPLE!!1!”

~Thanks for reading! c:
Centrifugal
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

Support

Settlers of Inland - Age of Ƭɍeasoƞ

Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Featured users

No support.

:wq
Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Featured users

Rumanti wrote:

No support.
Why?

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS





















































Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
Aquadrop
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

I think that the problem with featuring scratchers themselves is that someone will be offended. Featured projects can be any genre of project - Animation, puzzles, simulations, platformers, and the list goes on and on. Projects can be constructed into a variety of different ideas, and so you realize that it's not personal if you are not featured. You have more chances, maybe earning some experience. I haven't ever seen people worry about being featured, quitting because friends suggested it and a week later they still were not. I know that featured projects are calculated as what is a good choice for that day; year-old projects with inactive users have been featured.
If a user was featured, how would they calculate that? Would there be a forum posting? I don't think there is enough ‘variety’ of scratchers to feature, because everyone is trying to be their self, so does it mean that they don't LIKE the other scratchers? What person would you say, “You should be featured!” to? What if someone has had multiple projects featured, and haven't been featured themselves feel, that they are only appreciated because of their projects, and not because they are kind? When someone suggests a friend to be featured, and instead THEY are featured, does that offend the friend just a little bit, that they looked at both profiles and thought they were better?
What is featured based on? How do they CHOOSE?
These are the reasons I don't support. If you would explain my question I would be happy to rethink


Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Featured users

Blueinkproductions wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

No support.
Why?
Because we should focus on projects, not users. And Scratch is not about fame.

Aquadrop wrote:

I think that the problem with featuring scratchers themselves is that someone will be offended. Featured projects can be any genre of project - Animation, puzzles, simulations, platformers, and the list goes on and on. Projects can be constructed into a variety of different ideas, and so you realize that it's not personal if you are not featured. You have more chances, maybe earning some experience. I haven't ever seen people worry about being featured, quitting because friends suggested it and a week later they still were not. I know that featured projects are calculated as what is a good choice for that day; year-old projects with inactive users have been featured.
If a user was featured, how would they calculate that? Would there be a forum posting? I don't think there is enough ‘variety’ of scratchers to feature, because everyone is trying to be their self, so does it mean that they don't LIKE the other scratchers? What person would you say, “You should be featured!” to? What if someone has had multiple projects featured, and haven't been featured themselves feel, that they are only appreciated because of their projects, and not because they are kind? When someone suggests a friend to be featured, and instead THEY are featured, does that offend the friend just a little bit, that they looked at both profiles and thought they were better?
What is featured based on? How do they CHOOSE?
These are the reasons I don't support. If you would explain my question I would be happy to rethink

+1

:wq
Follower101
Scratcher
8 posts

Featured users

Support!
epicsandwich123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Featured users

brilliant idea, but sorry no support. this is becuase scratch isn't about fame. It's about learning to program. those 2 sentences were taken from a scratch team member on a duplicate topic that got reported. Do you just make projects to earn followers? If i hadn't seen that view, i wouldn't have supported.

ever wanted some awesome sening blocks? http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/45738/
how about copying and pasting? http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/41980/

#sorry, but games coming soon. check my old account, awesomegames123!
starlight1904
Scratcher
59 posts

Featured users

I thought of that too! Featured scratchers I'm supporting
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

Rumanti wrote:

Blueinkproductions wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

No support.
Why?
Because we should focus on projects, not users. And Scratch is not about fame.

Aquadrop wrote:

I think that the problem with featuring scratchers themselves is that someone will be offended. Featured projects can be any genre of project - Animation, puzzles, simulations, platformers, and the list goes on and on. Projects can be constructed into a variety of different ideas, and so you realize that it's not personal if you are not featured. You have more chances, maybe earning some experience. I haven't ever seen people worry about being featured, quitting because friends suggested it and a week later they still were not. I know that featured projects are calculated as what is a good choice for that day; year-old projects with inactive users have been featured.
If a user was featured, how would they calculate that? Would there be a forum posting? I don't think there is enough ‘variety’ of scratchers to feature, because everyone is trying to be their self, so does it mean that they don't LIKE the other scratchers? What person would you say, “You should be featured!” to? What if someone has had multiple projects featured, and haven't been featured themselves feel, that they are only appreciated because of their projects, and not because they are kind? When someone suggests a friend to be featured, and instead THEY are featured, does that offend the friend just a little bit, that they looked at both profiles and thought they were better?
What is featured based on? How do they CHOOSE?
These are the reasons I don't support. If you would explain my question I would be happy to rethink

+1

epicsandwich123 wrote:

brilliant idea, but sorry no support. this is becuase scratch isn't about fame. It's about learning to program. those 2 sentences were taken from a scratch team member on a duplicate topic that got reported. Do you just make projects to earn followers? If i hadn't seen that view, i wouldn't have supported.

*facepalm* This is not about fame, but about how nice/helpful/respectful they are.

Last edited by NolanAwesome (July 31, 2014 13:23:20)


ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Featured users

BUMP

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile