Discuss Scratch

Peneren
Scratcher
500+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

alexphan wrote:

REPLY TO THIS FORUM IF YOU'RE HYPED FOR UPDATE 2.0!!!!!!!!
This forum is OLD lol
created April 29, 2014 19:04:31
yeah I'd say thats old

superscratchmaker536 wrote:

Does anyone in this forum have creator points? Just wondering.
I've tried to make rateworthy levels before, and they turned out to be decent. They weren't quite rateworthy though, and the last time I released a full level was a year ago.

King of Page 111
(111? is that a reference to the geometry dash impossible level element 111 rg??!?!?!?!)

Last edited by Peneren (Feb. 27, 2024 15:04:29)

Hosting ScratchSteal, a Lifesteal Minecraft Server
One of the best Spooky Dash players. Verified Blood Realm, a former Top 1.
Publicly controlled image:
moomooCookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guys I’m in the working of making a level and it’s nearly done, but I need help! I have questionable taste in quality, and need some opinions. I’ve made a video here showcasing it, could you give me feedback on it please? Thanks so much if you do!

Link to showcase: https://youtu.be/RGWdGkcQNMo

Last edited by moomooCookie (Feb. 27, 2024 19:05:34)

My teacher took points off of my homework assignment because it caught fire and I turned in “a pile of ash”. But to be fair, the information is still on that paper, it’s just slightly harder to read than it used to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Peneren
Scratcher
500+ posts

moomooCookie wrote:

Guys I’m in the working of making a level and it’s nearly done, but I need help! I have questionable taste in quality, and need some opinions. I’ve made a video here showcasing it, could you give me feedback on it please? Thanks so much if you do!

whaaaaattttt thats actually really good, it could probably be rated!

Hosting ScratchSteal, a Lifesteal Minecraft Server
One of the best Spooky Dash players. Verified Blood Realm, a former Top 1.
Publicly controlled image:
moomooCookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Peneren wrote:

moomooCookie wrote:

Thanks! do you have any feedback or anything, or any ideas for what I should do for unfinished parts?

My teacher took points off of my homework assignment because it caught fire and I turned in “a pile of ash”. But to be fair, the information is still on that paper, it’s just slightly harder to read than it used to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

moomooCookie wrote:

Peneren wrote:

moomooCookie wrote:

Thanks! do you have any feedback or anything, or any ideas for what I should do for unfinished parts?
The first 10 seconds could use some work. The background could use some detail, and the blocks too. The transitions can also use some work. Maybe use a static trigger when you enter the teleport portal so the camera snaps to the area instantly. The turning camera at 17 seconds is disorienting for no reason, as it snaps back right away for the red orb part. Make it more subtle. Blocks could move in a bit earlier, unless this level is a demon, in which it's fine. I like the bridge cube. The ship's transition is… bad with the layout, but this is common. Make it so the ship spawns into a one-block space instead of using slopes to align it. It can be tricky, but it's better. No complaints on the actual ship. The wave is awesome, but the background needs some work. And the rest is a layout. I don't like the background here. and the split screen is unnecessary, and the spin is ehhhh. Overall good/10.

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

TheUltimateHoodie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

instead of putting triple spikes at the end of extreme demons lets put dash spiders

can somebody give me something to put in my signature
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

instead of putting triple spikes at the end of extreme demons lets put dash spiders
those are about the same difficulty

(highlight then shift + down for bio)

haiii! i'm tanner/monika :3
bi femboy
he/her
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
i am a bit silly :3
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JTanner2026 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

agree to disagree it's not even a choke

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

JTanner2026 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

agree to disagree it's not even a choke
huh

bi femboy
he/her
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
HarryCreator26518
Scratcher
100+ posts

moomooCookie wrote:

i'll make a redecorated version. level id?
Crow_Boy08
Scratcher
1000+ posts

have yall made any custom gamemodes yets?

<OUO> :: motion  // this is gary he protects my siggy from evil kumquats 

(( ( •) ) _ (( •))    :: #000000   // this is Michael incase gary cant defeat the kumquats
Post your fakemon! (I would like to see your fanmade pokemon)
bring back the uploads image host
Website
Please post on fakemon forum.
BFAVRH 1
moomooCookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

HarryCreator26518 wrote:

moomooCookie wrote:

i'll make a redecorated version. level id?
Unshared as of now, sorry. I have a layout posted as public on my profile on gd, though the layout itself is super outdated to what it is now. I’ll share the level and the ID here when I finish.

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

moomooCookie wrote:

Peneren wrote:

moomooCookie wrote:

The first 10 seconds could use some work. The background could use some detail, and the blocks too. The transitions can also use some work. Maybe use a static trigger when you enter the teleport portal so the camera snaps to the area instantly. The turning camera at 17 seconds is disorienting for no reason, as it snaps back right away for the red orb part. Make it more subtle. Blocks could move in a bit earlier, unless this level is a demon, in which it's fine. I like the bridge cube. The ship's transition is… bad with the layout, but this is common. Make it so the ship spawns into a one-block space instead of using slopes to align it. It can be tricky, but it's better. No complaints on the actual ship. The wave is awesome, but the background needs some work. And the rest is a layout. I don't like the background here. and the split screen is unnecessary, and the spin is ehhhh. Overall good/10.

I don’t agree with everything you say here, but I will consider adding a few things such as the instant camera and editing the start. Thanks for the tips

HurricaneMitch1998M
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crow_Boy08 wrote:

2.1 slope thingy

dual ball, one does blue pads, other does gameplay of wave ig

its kinda fun

My studio

when green flag clicked
forever
stay up until 1am questioning my existence
end
TheUltimateHoodie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JTanner2026 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

nah dash spider is harder

can somebody give me something to put in my signature
HarryCreator26518
Scratcher
100+ posts

Crow_Boy08 wrote:

the wavecopter

It's what everyone thought the wave would be
HarryCreator26518
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

JTanner2026 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

im gonna make a level with only triple spikes. its clubstep monsters
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarryCreator26518 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

JTanner2026 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

People have already tried to make levels with only triple spikes before, most notably "Hello Fitzgerald by Vortrox and "Trip" by Michigun (F) so you're not really orignial

“'Common Sense Media' is anything but.” - Za-Chary
HarryCreator26518
Scratcher
100+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

HarryCreator26518 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

JTanner2026 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

People have already tried to make levels with only triple spikes before, most notably "Hello Fitzgerald by Vortrox and "Trip" by Michigun (F) so you're not really orignial
mehhh idc
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

JTanner2026 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

unless the person playing has never seen dash spider before, no

bi femboy
he/her
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
HarryCreator26518
Scratcher
100+ posts

JTanner2026 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

JTanner2026 wrote:

TheUltimateHoodie wrote:

unless the person playing has never seen dash spider before, no
dash spider is easier it requires only 1 click