Discuss Scratch

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

Discuss the AWESOME platformer.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
WGames_Ind
Scratcher
10 posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

best platformer EVER
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

WGames_Ind wrote:

best platformer EVER
Agreed. The rest are all stupid or pointless.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
haloweentypy
New to Scratch
1 post

Geometry Dash Official Topic

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

Was it based on the Impossible Game?

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
HeyHeyBoom
Scratcher
15 posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

jji10 wrote:

Was it based on the Impossible Game?
Even though it seems like it's a clone of the Impossible Game, it's only based off a similar concept.

Wikipedia wrote:

According to Robert Topola, the game Geometry Dash began as a project that could have moved in any direction. He made the remark, “There was really no detailed plan… it simply started as a template with a cube that could crash and jump.” He previously developed it for the computer, but later altered his plan and made attempts to make it a mobile game. Topola was allegedly inspired by Super Mario Bros.-style platformers.

o٤o
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

HeyHeyBoom wrote:

jji10 wrote:

Was it based on the Impossible Game?
Even though it seems like it's a clone of the Impossible Game, it's only based off a similar concept.

Wikipedia wrote:

According to Robert Topola, the game Geometry Dash began as a project that could have moved in any direction. He made the remark, “There was really no detailed plan… it simply started as a template with a cube that could crash and jump.” He previously developed it for the computer, but later altered his plan and made attempts to make it a mobile game. Topola was allegedly inspired by Super Mario Bros.-style platformers.
Oh. Interesting…

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

I got it 3 days ago and I'm addicted.

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
cooldave92
New to Scratch
25 posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

It's cool, it's cool.
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

cooldave92 wrote:

It's cool, it's cool.
I know! I still can't get past Stereo Madness though… lol

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
HeyHeyBoom
Scratcher
15 posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

Does anyone else try, and fail, to make custom levels?

o٤o
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

HeyHeyBoom wrote:

Does anyone else try, and fail, to make custom levels?
Yup. XD

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

NolanAwesome wrote:

HeyHeyBoom wrote:

Does anyone else try, and fail, to make custom levels?
Yup. XD
I don't have the full version… YET! >!

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

jji10 wrote:

NolanAwesome wrote:

HeyHeyBoom wrote:

Does anyone else try, and fail, to make custom levels?
Yup. XD
I don't have the full version… YET! >!
lolz

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
HeyHeyBoom
Scratcher
15 posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

omg i beat cant let go

i am so excite

o٤o
HeyHeyBoom
Scratcher
15 posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

I just thought of something really cool: We could recreate Geometry Dash in Scratch as a collaborative effort. Anyone with me?

(or is this just another idea like anything else?)

edit 5 seconds later: well i guess we'd need to create a subtopic for that, but

Last edited by HeyHeyBoom (Sept. 10, 2014 21:40:41)


o٤o
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

HeyHeyBoom wrote:

I just thought of something really cool: We could recreate Geometry Dash in Scratch as a collaborative effort. Anyone with me?
That would be a good idea!

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
HeyHeyBoom
Scratcher
15 posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

I could start a collab studio. (In fact, I did that just then. It should be in my profile.) I'll work on a basic engine. might take a while though; at least i've made SOME progress

Last edited by HeyHeyBoom (Sept. 10, 2014 23:34:56)


o٤o
NolanAwesome
Scratcher
500+ posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

HeyHeyBoom wrote:

I could start a collab studio. (In fact, I did that just then. It should be in my profile.) I'll work on a basic engine. might take a while though
Should I make an account where we could work on it easier and together?

ey em bord.
Scratchers to check out:
- DravenN
- SUPERMAR
- -Sunset-
- whadada
NOLAN | NO, ACTIVE, FOLLOWERS
(no really, no views on my projects)
Give me an internet
HeyHeyBoom
Scratcher
15 posts

Geometry Dash Official Topic

NolanAwesome wrote:

HeyHeyBoom wrote:

I could start a collab studio. (In fact, I did that just then. It should be in my profile.) I'll work on a basic engine. might take a while though
Should I make an account where we could work on it easier and together?
Actually, that'd be a really good idea.

o٤o

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile