Discuss Scratch

NEOTEEN
Scratcher
3 posts

OS Peace

I an making a dungeon collab project about a pig. Art and character designers welcome!!! If you want to be a part of this… Just go to the studio and remix the project for what you want to do. This is the link to the studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25978054/curators/
nampinanathali
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OS Peace

should i start advertising / awareness

mom when look at my browser history
rdml
Scratcher
100+ posts

OS Peace

NEOTEEN wrote:

I an making a dungeon collab project about a pig. Art and character designers welcome!!! If you want to be a part of this… Just go to the studio and remix the project for what you want to do. This is the link to the studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25978054/curators/
Thanks for your interest! How can you make a separate topic for your collaboration? This is a topic on OS Peace.

; ; ;
rdml
Scratcher
100+ posts

OS Peace

nampinanathali wrote:

Thanks for the offer! At the moment, no. We're still in organizing, and we aren't prepared to handle applications yet. I will get back to you when we've figured more things out.

; ; ;
guy8264
Scratcher
33 posts

OS Peace

Testing….

nampinanathali
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OS Peace

rdml wrote:

nampinanathali wrote:

Thanks for the offer! At the moment, no. We're still in organizing, and we aren't prepared to handle applications yet. I will get back to you when we've figured more things out.
Ok

mom when look at my browser history
rdml
Scratcher
100+ posts

OS Peace

YodaLightsabr wrote:

One more thing relating to the forum signature, what do you want me to link it to? It's a dynamic shortlink, so I can change it at any time even after people start using it. (Like on the Green OS website.)
Clever! At the moment, the forum seems good since it has the most information. https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/371854

EDIT: How do you make dynamic links?

Last edited by rdml (March 22, 2020 16:49:55)

; ; ;
-Infinity64-
Scratcher
23 posts

OS Peace

When will OS Peace start?

“sιмρℓιcιтү ιs кεү”
ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴇʙ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴇʀ, ɢʀᴀᴘʜɪᴄ ᴅᴇsɪɢɴᴇʀ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴜsɪᴄɪᴀɴ!

rdml
Scratcher
100+ posts

OS Peace

-Infinity64- wrote:

OS Peace should start around a month after OS Wars results come in, depending on how the other project organizers feel.

; ; ;
-Infinity64-
Scratcher
23 posts

OS Peace

rdml wrote:

-Infinity64- wrote:

OS Peace should start around a month after OS Wars results come in, depending on how the other project organizers feel.
It doesn't feel like it will start soon….

“sιмρℓιcιтү ιs кεү”

rdml
Scratcher
100+ posts

OS Peace

-Infinity64- wrote:

It doesn't feel like it will start soon….
Yeah, people are still busy with finishing up OS Wars, so we haven't gotten a real chance to reconvene and finish things up. And who knows when OS Wars results are coming in.

; ; ;
Neonatology
Scratcher
30 posts

OS Peace

Hey, just saw about this. Great idea! I would be most interested in joining. Could I join the coding sector when this is fully set up? I would be interested in a leadership or sub-leadership role if that is possible. Do get back to me and tell me if it is not.

Neonatology,
Leader of BlueOS
rdml
Scratcher
100+ posts

OS Peace

Neonatology wrote:

Hey, just saw about this. Great idea! I would be most interested in joining. Could I join the coding sector when this is fully set up? I would be interested in a leadership or sub-leadership role if that is possible. Do get back to me and tell me if it is not.
Thanks for the interest! I will prioritize you for facilitating coding. We'll reach out when committees are being finalized.

; ; ;
26averyj
Scratcher
100+ posts

OS Peace

If possible, I would like to be on the system coding and bug fixing sub-committees. I worked on coding amberOS, so I have some experience with that type of stuff. Hopefully OSwars will judge round 6 so we can get started.

Declaring yourself to be operating by “Crocker's Rules” means that other people are allowed to optimize their messages for information, not for being nice to you. Crocker's Rules means that you have accepted full responsibility for the operation of your own mind - if you're offended, it's your fault. Anyone is allowed to call you a moron and claim to be doing you a favor. (Which, in point of fact, they would be. One of the big problems with this culture is that everyone's afraid to tell you you're wrong, or they think they have to dance around it.) Two people using Crocker's Rules should be able to communicate all relevant information in the minimum amount of time, without paraphrasing or social formatting. Obviously, don't declare yourself to be operating by Crocker's Rules unless you have that kind of mental discipline.

Note that Crocker's Rules does not mean you can insult people; it means that other people don't have to worry about whether they are insulting you. Crocker's Rules are a discipline, not a privilege. Furthermore, taking advantage of Crocker's Rules does not imply reciprocity. How could it? Crocker's Rules are something you do for yourself, to maximize information received - not something you grit your teeth over and do as a favor.

“Crocker's Rules” are named after Lee Daniel Crocker.

definition from http://sl4.org/crocker.html
-Infinity64-
Scratcher
23 posts

OS Peace

Can you invite my alt to the studio? (-lnfinity64-, the “l” is an “L”)
That is the account where I'll mainly be active.

Last edited by -Infinity64- (April 11, 2020 15:41:39)

“sιмρℓιcιтү ιs кεү”

-Infinity64-
Scratcher
23 posts

OS Peace

7 months “into developement”, still not started

“sιмρℓιcιтү ιs кεү”

Jedibrine
Scratcher
100+ posts

OS Peace

-Infinity64- wrote:

7 months “into developement”, still not started
yep
-Qlec-
Scratcher
100+ posts

OS Peace

Sorry I keep changing accounts. I chose to be a designer now, I'll stay on this account for a while, if not forever. My designing skills has drastically changed, so I chose to be a designer now I was previously @-iNfInItY64-……………………..

scratch fact of the day whenever i feel like changing it: Oddly enough, the (item ( ) of list) and (item # of ( ) in list) blocks can be placed where boolean blocks are supposed to go. This calls on the Boolean() function in JavaScript (the language Scratch is coded in), or whatever other boolean coercion method exists. Numbers and booleans behave as expected, with 0 (but, incorrectly, not -0), “” (empty string), and “false” (the string) converting to false. Everything else converts to true, so stuff like NaN seem to be interpreted as strings.
set [foo v] to [something]
forever {
set [foo v] to (join (foo)(foo))
} :: control
Select this, then press Shift + Down

// just your typical code
green is {
an ({apple :: hat #8fd97e}@addInput::ring #55993a) :: #7bc24f cap
}some text<>{
if not (☁ score :: pen) {
{rainbow [#de0909][#ffaa0d][#ffe70a][#7ccf00][#00cf79][#0072cf][#8d00cf] :: #7bc24f reporter}@addInput :: hat pen
}:: #6a8c32
} block [with v] ([text] :: #a8cc5a) ? :: #6a8c32
hatpin
Scratcher
5 posts

OS Peace

I have made a OS called MarbleOS and you guys could maybe get some ideas https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/359276880
Cequal
Scratcher
3 posts

OS Peace

hope this doesn't end here