Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ✔✔✔ Translation Tune-Ups! ✔✔✔ The Original Grammar + Editing Shop (We have English, Spanish, Chinese, and more! No longer hiring.) [RSS Feed]
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

✔✔✔ Translation Tune-Ups! ✔✔✔ The Original Grammar + Editing Shop (We have English, Spanish, Chinese, and more! No longer hiring.)

Welcome to Translation Tune-Ups!

You may have noticed that in translations, words may get a bit wonky at times. All these translations need is a tune-up!

Here at Translation Tune-Ups, you can revise/edit translations if that's your first language. You don't need to be bilingual, just fluent enough in at least one language that you can write well without grammatical/spelling mistakes. Or, you can give us something that needs a little fixing up for our employees to edit!

But wait! Maybe it wasn't a translation - maybe you just need some revisions. Post ‘em here too, and we’ll get them fixed up!

Got it?
So, what are you waiting for?
Check out the Table of Contents to see what to do! Use the order form to order, and the employee form to apply.

Available Languages:

• American-English
  • British-English
  • Filipino
  • Spanish
  • Chinese
  • Dutch
  • Pig Latin

Wanted Languages:

• Spanish
  • British-English
  • American-English
  • French
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Chinese
  • Russian
  • Indonesian
  • Literally any language.

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (May 30, 2020 03:15:11)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

✔✔✔ Translation Tune-Ups! ✔✔✔ The Original Grammar + Editing Shop (We have English, Spanish, Chinese, and more! No longer hiring.)

Employee Form

• What is your first language?
  • Can you speak any other languages well enough that you do not make grammatical/spelling mistakes? Please list.
  • On a scale of 1-10 (1 being least active), how active are you on Scratch?
  • Have you read and agreed to the Terms of Use?
  • Have you read the Employee Instructions?
  • What is your skill in your language grammar-wise? 1-20, 20 being perfect never-have-mistakes-ever grammar.
  • Any other notes?

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (Sept. 18, 2019 23:14:32)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Order Form

• What language do you need revised?
  • What do you want edited? Please give a forum post (post here or link), studio link, project link, etc.
  • When do you want it finished by? (MM/DD/YY, or say “ASAP”)
  • Have you read and agreed to the Terms of Use?
  • Any other notes?

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (Sept. 18, 2019 23:14:21)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Terms of Use

• By ordering at this shop, you agree to give credit in the format found here.
  • You agree that you will not complain if your order is not perfect.
  • You agree that if you edited your revision in any way, you will add a note in the format found here.
  • You agree that if you are an employee, you are following this thread.
  • You agree that if you are a customer, it is your responsibility to check this thread to see if your order has been completed. You will not be complain if your order is not completed on time.
  • You agree that once your order is done, you will complete the Review Form honestly.

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (April 26, 2020 22:41:17)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

How it Works

Still confused?
Here's an example of part of the instructions for a Pick-Up-Sticks game, translated from German:
Nowthe player tries to lift the rods individually with the fingers. without other rods however being allowed to move,When the Mikado hsa been lifted, it may be used for the lifting of further rods.

It is by pressing the finger on the tip of the rod that the latter may be li ted most easily.

Here's how I would fix it:
Now, the current player tries to lift each rod individually. If no other rods are moved when the rod is lifted, then the rod may be used for picking up more rods.

The easiest way to lift a rod is to push the tip of it with your finger from the side.

Our shop can edit your project descriptions, studio descriptions, in-game grammar, comments, forum posts, you name it! Just post the link down below and we'll catch it, fix it up, and boom! Your grammar should be on fleek!

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (Sept. 18, 2019 23:03:35)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Credit Format

This translation was edited by Translation Tune-Ups, a shop run by @EIephant_Lover in the Requests forum. You can find the shop here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/369922/ . The specific user who revised it was @(username).

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (Sept. 15, 2019 22:37:04)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Edit Note Format

This translation has been edited. Although it was origninally revised by Translation Tune-Ups, it was edited by @(username). Translation Tune-Ups is assumed irresponsible for any incorrect or innappropriate revisions.

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (Sept. 15, 2019 22:36:58)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Review Form

• Who did the work for you?
  • Did you find any problems?
  • Was your order on time?
  • Was our staff friendly?
  • Any other notes?

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (Sept. 15, 2019 22:36:50)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Employee Instructions

• If you see an order in your language that you are able to complete, quote their post and write “Claimed!”.
  • Complete the order in a timely manner (should be by the date on the order).
  • Do not take more orders than you can handle.
  • Do not purposefully revise wrongly, ever.
  • Assume responsibility for incorrect revisions. If you find that you made a mistake, notify the customer and apologize.
  • Once you have completed the order, post in this topic your revision.
  • Use the format shown in the OP on that topic.
  • After posting, quote the original order (not where you said “Claimed!”) and write “Finished! Here is the link: (link here)”.
  • Optional: Write a comment on the profile of the customer in addition to your post, and link your post.
  • Make sure to link your post, not the topic.

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (Sept. 15, 2019 22:36:17)

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Reserved just in case.
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump.
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sorry for the accidental post.

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (Sept. 18, 2019 23:15:11)

MClovers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

eyy, a translation shop.
i had a shop called poem translate once when i was ahem, inexperienced

President of Scratch ShopBux
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

MClovers wrote:

eyy, a translation shop.
i had a shop called poem translate once when i was ahem, inexperienced
It's not so much a translation shop as it is a fix-your-grammar shop.

I thought of it because I often see Scratchers trying to speak English like “My english language is less than proficient so I apologizes for any mistake.”
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump!
coolcatcool2
Scratcher
500+ posts

What is your first language? English
Can you speak any other languages well enough that you do not make grammatical/spelling mistakes? Please list. No. Well, I'm working on Spanish.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 being least active), how active are you on Scratch? 8
Have you read and agreed to the Terms of Use? yes
Have you read the Employee Instructions? yes
What is your skill in your language grammar-wise? 1-20, 20 being perfect never-have-mistakes-ever grammar. 7
Any other notes? I LOVE Spanish and I'm learning by podcast

Hi! Check out my profile!
Check out Creative Minds Publishing! My Publishing Company!
I am Female, Christian, Piano Player, Writer, Coder.
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ✔✔✔ Translation Tune-Ups! ✔✔✔ The Original Grammar + Editing Shop (We have English, Spanish, Chinese, and more! No longer hiring.) [RSS Feed]