Discuss Scratch

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Allowing other image hosting sites incase CubeUpload shuts down

SuperDoom wrote:

I don't know why we need restrictions in the first place. The URL tag has free reign, and anybody who links to inappropriate sites (or personal sites that have yet to be approved) instantly gets reported.
I think the difference that has resulted in this decision is that links to webpages are merely just links to other websites, while images will embed an image onto the page itself within Scratch, so there's a bigger issue with image tags since some inappropriate image could be instantly placed on the forums rather than having to require someone to click a link going to another site.

bottom text
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

I don't know why we need restrictions in the first place. The URL tag has free reign, and anybody who links to inappropriate sites (or personal sites that have yet to be approved) instantly gets reported.
Removing restrictions on hosts are rejected:

Za-Chary wrote:

9.3 Remove restricted image hosts
By requiring an image host website (such as cubeupload) to be used when posting images on the forums, this decreases the chances of inappropriate images being posted on the forums, as inappropriate images are not allowed on these image host websites.
Of course. Yet another rejection to keep this site from being removed from the C(feces)y Games Wiki.

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
As of November 7th, 2019, I have my computer back.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
I've moved to -THENEXT_LEVEL-.
cheesyfriedeggs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

By requiring an image host website (such as cubeupload) to be used when posting images on the forums, this decreases the chances of inappropriate images being posted on the forums, as inappropriate images are not allowed on these image host websites.
Of course. Yet another rejection to keep this site from being removed from the C(feces)y Games Wiki.
Hey, things are rejected for good reasons.

Last edited by cheesyfriedeggs (Nov. 8, 2019 17:01:03)

Epic_TV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Full Support! On my older accounts, I used Tinypic, and now they’re gone.

No support on Google Photos, as that contain some (usually) unmoderated pictures. It also has terrible labeling(A guy made a album with pictures of his black friend, and Google Photos labeled the album “Hanging out with Gorilla”)
As Za-Chary said, xomf.com is rejected.

Last edited by Epic_TV (Nov. 8, 2019 21:21:54)

Nerd, Computer Geek, Wikian, Frequent Forumer
johnelr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MClovers wrote:

In a recent tweet by the CubeUpload people, it stated that they are running low on funds and are considering shutting the site down. As tinypic has shut down as well, we need another free image hosting site to be on the whitelist.
Here's some sites I'd like to see:
These are all free and easy sites to use. Please consider this, we NEED a backup site.
The one I want is Github. I can put a image in my respitory the link, copy paste the raw link, then i can use it!

Stamps
Click on a stamp and itll lead you somewhere!

Text Games
Murder Mystery

FUN FACT: It took me 13 years to properly open a milk carton
ajsya_Art
Scratcher
60 posts

johnelr wrote:

MClovers wrote:

In a recent tweet by the CubeUpload people, it stated that they are running low on funds and are considering shutting the site down. As tinypic has shut down as well, we need another free image hosting site to be on the whitelist.
Here's some sites I'd like to see:
These are all free and easy sites to use. Please consider this, we NEED a backup site.
The one I want is Github. I can put a image in my respitory the link, copy paste the raw link, then i can use it!
Yeah, that would be cool since I already upload some of my work there for people to see it. But the Scratch Team probably won't include that.

SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

I wouldn't say good. Children should be taught to disapprove inappropriate content, not to ignore its existence. If a child doesn't know that something inappropriate exists, then stumbles upon it and likes it, cue the rollercoaster.
I say that rules should be enforced, but not unbreakable. If no examples can be made, then no examples will be made. If the ST doesn't make examples of punishment for rule-breaking, or how strict the rules are, then noobs won't understand what they can do and what they can't do, besides the vaguely-defined guidelines. (“Many different ages? Okay, well thousands of profanity-screaming seven-year-olds plague the servers of each Call of Duty game, so I'll use that as a basis.”)
TL;DR: Censorship should be done by hand, not by code.

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
As of November 7th, 2019, I have my computer back.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
I've moved to -THENEXT_LEVEL-.
Scratch---Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(removed by moderator - your username is too long) wrote:

LastContinue wrote:

Try adding Luogu.org since it's Chinese, it bans what Scratch bans.
I don't know whether to see that as a good thing, or that Scratch is as censorship-heavy as the CCP's regime
I'm joking ST
Also try whitelisting WikiHow. It's also a hoster.
The hoster is in the “Made Recently” section of each article.
@Scratch Team see above

Download Scratch 2.0 | Check your messages | Check my messages
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you want to subscribe to this forum topic, please click the
{} Follow Discussion :: ring sensing
button below this forum post! Thanks!

tnix100
Scratcher
500+ posts

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

I wouldn't say good. Children should be taught to disapprove inappropriate content, not to ignore its existence. If a child doesn't know that something inappropriate exists, then stumbles upon it and likes it, cue the rollercoaster.
I say that rules should be enforced, but not unbreakable. If no examples can be made, then no examples will be made. If the ST doesn't make examples of punishment for rule-breaking, or how strict the rules are, then noobs won't understand what they can do and what they can't do, besides the vaguely-defined guidelines. (“Many different ages? Okay, well thousands of profanity-screaming seven-year-olds plague the servers of each Call of Duty game, so I'll use that as a basis.”)
I think the ST should allow other image hosting sites because CubeUpload may shutdown soon and TinyPic has already shut down
cheesyfriedeggs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Last edited by cheesyfriedeggs (Nov. 9, 2019 09:44:27)

BubblesTeas
Scratcher
100+ posts

tnix100 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

I think the ST should allow other image hosting sites because CubeUpload may shutdown soon and TinyPic has already shut down
Has the ST approved any of these suggestions?

Scratch---Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BubblesTeas wrote:

tnix100 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Try Luogu.org and Wikihow

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

MClovers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BubblesTeas wrote:

tnix100 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Once we figured out that xomf was a fail, we pushed for ImgBB. @Za-Chary said he was going to talk to the ST about it.

President of Scratch ShopBux
cheesyfriedeggs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

I have several arguments for you;
1. Just because one kid may be able to handle inapp content, doesn't mean every kid is.
2.Some censorship is ALREADY DONE BY HAND. Do you think the (Removed by moderator) things aren't done by hand?! Are you saying the ST relies ENTIRELY ON BOTS to protect the website?!
3. Oh look! AN EXAMPLE:

TL;DR: Most of your arguments are invalid. I don't want to start a flame war, please, so if you have more arguments, please say them constructively.
colinmacc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cubeupload seem to be doing OK now - their twitter account has posted thanking everyone for their donations, and they actually have enough money now to upgrade their hosting server, so that's good news!

However it wouldn't hurt to have a new alternative, such as imgbb.

Last edited by colinmacc (Nov. 12, 2019 10:27:56)

Sample Projects

ConfusedBiscuit
Scratcher
1000+ posts

colinmacc wrote:

Cubeupload seem to be doing OK now - their twitter account has posted thanking everyone for their donations, and they actually have enough money now to upgrade their hosting server, so that's good news!

However it wouldn't hurt to have a new alternative, such as imgbb.
Hooray! c=

i like pokemon a normal amount
Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh, wow! imgbb looks so good! It doesn't even need an account!

no signature plz
ConfusedBiscuit
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dragonlord767 wrote:

Oh, wow! imgbb looks so good! It doesn't even need an account!
*happy noise*

i like pokemon a normal amount
Scratch---Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Allow these:
Wikihow.com
Luogu.org

EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

-snip-
3. Oh look! AN EXAMPLE:

Your example is wayyyyy too small to be read.