Discuss Scratch

AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rename Questions About Scratch to Questions

Because the forum category is “About Scratch”, so it already clarifies the “about scratch” part.

AFN!

| Okay | Hobbyist | Introvert | Active | OK! |

HELLO
whiteandblackcat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

that's a good point, but if it was just named questions I think there'd be a lot more nonrelated questions because people didn't realise the category

Hi, I'm Kat!
I'm not too active in the forums anymore, but I'm still active on scratch!
I'm a cohost of Scratch Writing Camp, running it with Alba, Birdi, Bakie, and Honey.

I love coding, maths (especially simultaneous equations and the quadratic formula!!!), art and writing (and also spreadsheets and responsibilities-)! I used to know 157 digits of pi, but I can only get to around 110 at the moment. I also love Minecraft :]

Here's some things I have been in the past:
- Forum helper member
- Buzzy Bee Banners secretary & banner maker
- Emerald Shop 4.0 Vice President
AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

whiteandblackcat wrote:

that's a good point, but if it was just named questions I think there'd be a lot more nonrelated questions because people didn't realise the category
then why is the suggestions Forum not Suggestions for Scratch?

Last edited by AFNNetworkK12 (Aug. 20, 2019 22:19:24)

AFN!

HELLO
whiteandblackcat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

whiteandblackcat wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think it is a bit more obvious that it is suggestions for scratch.

Hi, I'm Kat!
I'm a cohost of Scratch Writing Camp, running it with Alba, Birdi, Bakie, and Honey.

I love coding, maths (especially simultaneous equations and the quadratic formula!!!), art and writing (and also spreadsheets and responsibilities-)! I used to know 157 digits of pi, but I can only get to around 110 at the moment. I also love Minecraft :]

- Forum helper member
AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

whiteandblackcat wrote:

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

whiteandblackcat wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think it is a bit more obvious that it is suggestions for scratch.
The description of Questions about Scratch can cover that, I just noticed.

AFN!

HELLO
whiteandblackcat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

whiteandblackcat wrote:

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

whiteandblackcat wrote:

The description of Questions about Scratch can cover that, I just noticed.
that doesn't mean people will read the description

Hi, I'm Kat!

- Forum helper member
UnconstructivePoster
New to Scratch
100+ posts

No support.

Many people get the “suggestions” and “requests” forums mixed up, even though the descriptions of both forums explicitly state their purposes with no possibility of confusing the two: “discuss ideas for making improvements to Scratch” and “looking for something? Want to offer your skills to others?”

People don't pay that much attention to the descriptions.

Last edited by UnconstructivePoster (Aug. 21, 2019 00:10:05)

Nestlé is an evil company. Don't buy their products!

Bookmarking some posts:
- explanation of cloud variable string encoding
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

UnconstructivePoster wrote:

No support.

Many people get the “suggestions” and “requests” forums mixed up, even though the descriptions of both forums explicitly state their purposes with no possibility of confusing the two: “discuss ideas for making improvements to Scratch” and “looking for something? Want to offer your skills to others?”

People don't pay that much attention to the descriptions.
I think that we've noticed that having “about Scratch” in QaS is redundant, however that's likely because we've all used the Scratch forums quite a bit and know how things operate. Personally, I haven't seen that many people confuse Suggestions and Requests, even with the forum activity I've done, but based on your statement, would you support having Suggestions become “Suggestions for Scratch” and Requests become “Requests for Users”?

bottom text
UnconstructivePoster
New to Scratch
100+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

I think that we've noticed that having “about Scratch” in QaS is redundant, however that's likely because we've all used the Scratch forums quite a bit and know how things operate. Personally, I haven't seen that many people confuse Suggestions and Requests, even with the forum activity I've done, but based on your statement, would you support having Suggestions become “Suggestions for Scratch” and Requests become “Requests for Users”?
Yes, I would.

Nestlé is an evil company. Don't buy their products!

Bookmarking some posts:
- explanation of cloud variable string encoding
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

I think a little redundancy is a good thing, when it comes to this. I really don't want anybody thinking that they can post a question on any topic on the forums.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;