Discuss Scratch

-MyUsernamesThis-
Scratcher
7 posts

Voice Recognition Extension

Voice Recognition could be very useful for smart assistants but a combination of Cloud Variables, tts, and “Voice Recognition” can be very dangerous but it would be nice if it could be added it would be useful for me to make a smart assistant and it would be useful for others to do whatever they want
theXliner
Scratcher
31 posts

I like this idea but I personally think voice recognition is professional quality technology. I'm not saying scratch is not professional but it is very informal. Just look at Wazzo's Scratch Saga for what I mean.

I give follows without asking if you find me and like moi projects.
No hard feelings

#NotAnOfficialF4Fer
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

By voice recognition, do you mean identifying users by their voice, or making a transcript of what they say?

If it's the latter, they were working on a speech to text extension, but either there were other priorities or complications occurred; it may be added in the future, though.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
What's happening? This is my signature; it appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums.
To make your own, click “Change your signature” at the bottom of the discussion home page.

.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
the_cat_meows
Scratcher
36 posts

I agree, it could then copy who you are and steal your data.