Scratcher
97 posts

What are shops?

-ImTheBadGuy- wrote:

Oakcoder wrote:

-ImTheBadGuy- wrote:

congyingzhou wrote:

~snip~
what do you mean by Which position are you applying for & Why should we choose you?
please snip it rather than quoting the whole thing
oh… ok
its ok

Do or do not do, there is not try
-Yoda

-ImTheBadGuy-
Scratcher
41 posts

What are shops?

Oakcoder wrote:

-ImTheBadGuy- wrote:

congyingzhou wrote:

~snip~
what do you mean by Which position are you applying for & Why should we choose you?
please snip it rather than quoting the whole thing
wait do you know
I_make_good_projects
Scratcher
8 posts

What are shops?

Shops can be used to change skins, get superpowers, etc. They only use about 6 blocks to make and are good for games.

glide (0.1) secs to x: (raceend) y: (raceend)
broadcast [You won the race!]
when I receive [You won the race!]
insert (username) at (1) of [Race Scores!]
congyingzhou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What are shops?

I_make_good_projects wrote:

Shops can be used to change skins, get superpowers, etc. They only use about 6 blocks to make and are good for games.
wat

no that's not quite what these are…

This is my signature. It appears after I post anything! (I added this for people who thought I was advertising)
and now i have finally removed that line of links, a lot don't work anyway after I unshared a bunch of projects
Oh look a rainbow (I wanted to make my whole signature a rainbow, but busted character limit)
2nd most-poster in Requests (still???), top 20 most-poster overall, 7.3K posts total, 6.5K requests foolproof mind reader??, try to beat the unbeatable tic-tac-toe AI
-ImTheBadGuy-
Scratcher
41 posts

What are shops?

congyingzhou wrote:

Username:
How Active are you? (1-10):
Scratcher Status (Scratcher or New Scratcher):
Which position are you applying for?:
How long on Scratch?:
Experience in other shops?:
Do you own any shops?:
Alternative accounts?:
Why should we choose you?:

what do you mean by Which position are you applying for?
popsyrabbit
Scratcher
500+ posts

What are shops?

-ImTheBadGuy- wrote:

congyingzhou wrote:

Username:
How long on Scratch?:
Do you own any shops?:
Alternative accounts?:

In some shops there are different positions- for example you might have in a shop: a banner maker, pfp maker and a thumbnail maker in one shop and therefore you would write down which position you wanted. Hope this helps!
-ImTheBadGuy-
Scratcher
41 posts

What are shops?

popsyrabbit wrote:

-ImTheBadGuy- wrote:

congyingzhou wrote:

Username:
How long on Scratch?:
Do you own any shops?:
Alternative accounts?:

In some shops there are different positions- for example you might have in a shop: a banner maker, pfp maker and a thumbnail maker in one shop and therefore you would write down which position you wanted. Hope this helps!
thanks!
adharshram
Scratcher
4 posts

What are shops?

Hey! This is anishram's brother's account! If I've posted on the forums, that probably means that Anish accidently posted on this account instead of his account!
Zelfen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What are shops?

Thanks, this really helped

15 year old Scot, sometimes on the forums
popsyrabbit
Scratcher
500+ posts

What are shops?

superclass43 wrote:

How do you become a reviewer?
Well first you would need to find a shop which sells reviews, you would then need to see if they were hiring and if they were you should then fill out an application form(make sure to read the shops terms first) and then wait to see if you were accepted!
harrypotteremoji35
Scratcher
100+ posts

What are shops?

Oh, this makes sense

hype | singer/actor | ambivert | master of procrastination :3
congyingzhou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What are shops?

popsyrabbit wrote:

superclass43 wrote:

How do you become a reviewer?
Well first you would need to find a shop which sells reviews, you would then need to see if they were hiring and if they were you should then fill out an application form(make sure to read the shops terms first) and then wait to see if you were accepted!
thx for answering 4 me

This is my signature. It appears after I post anything! (I added this for people who thought I was advertising)
and now i have finally removed that line of links, a lot don't work anyway after I unshared a bunch of projects
Oh look a rainbow (I wanted to make my whole signature a rainbow, but busted character limit)
2nd most-poster in Requests (still???), top 20 most-poster overall, 7.3K posts total, 6.5K requests foolproof mind reader??, try to beat the unbeatable tic-tac-toe AI
toadwashington
Scratcher
100+ posts

What are shops?

Thank you! You explained what shops were so well! Nice job!

Just a guy on scratch who is making things
elephanttime
Scratcher
49 posts

What are shops?

I have a suggestion about shops. Should I post it here?

This is a post by elephanttime!

I have a new signature!

For all enquires and other stuffs like that concerning me, contact me on my profile:
Click on here for my profile for great stuff
guarded by (Greg the Evil Kumquat Guard)

Arghh! I hate this message! It's so small!
congyingzhou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What are shops?

elephanttime wrote:

I have a suggestion about shops. Should I post it here?
okay

TheGeniusCoder
Scratcher
100+ posts

What are shops?

I saw a post saying most shops are completely free, where are the ones that aren't free how are they receiving money from people??

I'm someone who loves to code and make people happy please check out my profile @TheGeniusCoder follow, comment love, favorite, or do whatever.
doggieprogramer
Scratcher
20 posts

What are shops?

congyingzhou wrote:

There was a old one, but it's gone.
Banner by me

SHOP INFORMATION:
Introduction

You click into the ‘requests’ forum for the first time out of curiosity. All of a sudden, the emojis and fancy text blind you for a second. You see lots of ‘shops’. This wasn’t what you expected! What are shops?
What are shops?

You go to a shop to get what you want (art for a project, banner for a collab, thumbnail for a studio…) Let’s say, you want a bounce off script. You go to a shop, fill in the form (will be explained later), and BOOM it will be done for you. It’s free! You just have to give credits to the shop. Some shops request a deadline, please do not type a date too soon, give the shop at least 3 days. Also, please be patient. People may not be in the same time zone as you, and the workers (also will be explained later) are not wizards or robots.
How do I order?

“Okay Cong, I’m ready to order. But I say ‘I want a pink flamingo’ and the workers just say ‘fill in the form’. But what is the form?”

Most shops tell you to fill in a form so they can know more about your order and to confirm if you’re following the thread and obeying the rules. (Please note this does not fit all shops.) It will be something like this:
Username:
Work you want done:
Deadline:
Description:
Are you following the thread:
Have you read our rules:
Do you want a specific worker to do your order?:
And what you should fill in (depending on the situation you should change it):
Username: ExampleScratcher
Work you want done: review
Deadline: a week later
Description: review my project {link here}
Are you following the thread: yes
Have you read our rules: yes {the shop could have a code word, so code word input here}
Do you want a specific worker to do your order?: No thanks, but @ExampleGoodReviewScratcher would be good.
What you should not do:
Username: ExampleScratcher
Work you want done: review
Deadline: ten minutes (too short)
Description: review my project (no link)
Are you following the thread: yes
Have you read our rules: Yes (no optional code word possibly)
Do you want a specific worker to do you order?: {some Scratcher who is not in this shop} (the Scratcher is not a worker in this shop)
Now you’re ready to order, just fill in the form and submit it. Don’t be rude and include lots of details.
How do I join?

“Cong, shops seem fun, how do I join?”

To join, there is almost always a form and most shops have some rules and a code word.
The form is something like this:
Username:
How long on Scratch?:
Do you own any shops?:
Alternative accounts?:
Just fill in the form and read the rules and if they think you’re good then they’ll accept you! (Also be honest, don't lie about your info.) There also may be specific requirements such as having at least 20 posts or being a full Scratcher or needing to have experience in another shop so don't be disappointed if they reject you. You may only need to wait for a few weeks and you can try joining again!
What are partners?

Shops occasionally partner with other shops which mean they help each other out and sometimes finish each others’ orders. They're friendly to each other and stick together. Some shops have special members that oversee partnerships.
Thanks!! Really helpful!

Wings of fire lover
Warriors lover
Star Wars lover
Marvel lover

Check out my profile anytime!

wings of fire quote of the week:
Peril the skywing“MUSHROOMS AND MONGOOSES”
congyingzhou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What are shops?

TheGeniusCoder wrote:

I saw a post saying most shops are completely free, where are the ones that aren't free how are they receiving money from people??
They aren't receiving real money. Real currencies are banned on Scratch. There's some Scratch currencies which are really complicated but not many shops use them

Lovecreating7890
Scratcher
2 posts

What are shops?

I just dont understsnd the code word thing!!Can u pls explain that?